Old 01-05-2020, 05:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 209 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Just got one of these for a steal on Facebook. This is a mold I have been curious for a long while. I am hoping for a harder biting compliment to my kaxe. Is there going to be room in my bag for a Gila?
To answer your (my) question. It will kick the kaxe out, and make room for teebirds back in your bag and you will be happier than ever.

I am still bagging the flat straighter Armor run for my go to shot shaper and longer mid.
Pairing it with 2 fossils; one fresh and very OS and one beat in enough to span the stability gap between gilas and comets.

My glow (LED) bag as a Amber Gila and a Buzzz in it for all midrange duties.

There's no looking back I have liquidated all of my Kaxe but 1.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 173 Times in 120 Posts

For a long time, I've been looking for a disc to slot between a fresh KC roc and a gator/zone type disc. I've bagged a Buzzz OS for a while fairly successfully, but it never felt quite right in my hand. Shallower than a roc, and no bead.

Fast forward to today, I received the new Armor Gila I won on a FB auction and threw it about 10 times.

I'm very impressed out of the gate. It's not crazy beef - very workable, but I have no fear of it flipping or not fading based on some firm flat throws. It did fly similarly to my Z buzzz OS, but feels WAY better in my hand, and I was getting more consistent and crisp releases. The main difference though is the GLIDE. This thing has crazy glide for its speed and stability. You know how when you hit a roc nice and firm, it kind of hits an extra gear? This gila has it, but it has the solid HSS and fade to really trust it. It landed consistently 10-15 feet past the buzzz OS, and this thing just feels made for my hand.

TL;DR, buzzz OS is out of the bag, gila is in, for now. If you're looking for an OS bookend to complement your roc cycle, then this is probably it.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Throw a fossil in there as well. It probably is more OS than your Armor out of the box, but they will eventually replace your KC Rocs.

Also Fossil is stiff and grippy much like a good KC roc

Niced: (1)
Old 01-31-2020, 01:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 173 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Throw a fossil in there as well. It probably is more OS than your Armor out of the box, but they will eventually replace your KC Rocs.

Also Fossil is stiff and grippy much like a good KC roc
Man, that's a bold statement - I love my KC rocs....Do the fossils beat in to hyzerflip to turnover?

Also, not to sound greedy, but are all of these board flat or puddled? By no means a deal breaker, but I wouldn't mind trying one with a slight dome.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Man, that's a bold statement - I love my KC rocs....Do the fossils beat in to hyzerflip to turnover?

Also, not to sound greedy, but are all of these board flat or puddled? By no means a deal breaker, but I wouldn't mind trying one with a slight dome.
Yes they are all flat. The Amber ones have the very slightest dome, but they are all flatter than most rocs. The fossil plastic is consistently stiff and chalky/grippy

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 01-31-2020, 10:20 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,048 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:

I mean the first time I held a Gila I thought "So this is what happens when you run over a Warrior with a road paver." They are flat. I think that was the point.

If you want to try a similar disc with a little more dome, the Warrior is probably it.

Niced: (2)

Old 01-31-2020, 09:55 PM

Years Playing: 5.2
Niced 41 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
It may not be the prettiest disc I bag but I have a beat to smithereens Fossil Gila when we first ran them and its beat in to cover my hyzerflip to turnover lines beautifully.