Old 02-09-2020, 10:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,199 Times in 1,944 Posts

Need to shift back to the rear leg before you turn back. Note how your right shoulder moves forward with your hips from frame 2 to 3, while my right shoulder swings back while hips move forward.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 10.06.09 PM copy.jpg (59.8 KB, 57 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 10:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 368 Times in 254 Posts

Compare your arm positioning and disc placement relative to your body at top of backswing to gif below.

Then I think you're forced to unload prematurely/too quickly because of the rounding.

Note how there's so much more time for him to bring disc back to the inside/power pocket before redirecting back out... hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
El loop de loop.

Parb https://imgur.com/a/7srH4Up
Old 02-09-2020, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,199 Times in 1,944 Posts

Note how your head/shoulders are leaning over outside your posture into the wall on the left tee side. If you had a barbell over your shoulders you would collapse/fall over while I would be in very good athletic position and balance to hold a bunch of weight on my shoulders on my rear leg. My whole body/head/shoulders/hips have shifted deeper to the right tee side centered on rear foot. Since my shoulders are deeper with the same disc position as you at the top, I have a ton more width in my upper arm/shoulder and it won't collapse much when start going forward since it's all lined up disc-shoulder-CoG.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.47.23 PM copy.jpg (43.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-09-2020, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 73 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Note how your head/shoulders are leaning over outside your posture into the wall on the left tee side. If you had a barbell over your shoulders you would collapse/fall over while I would be in very good athletic position and balance to hold a bunch of weight on my shoulders on my rear leg. My whole body/head/shoulders/hips have shifted deeper to the right tee side centered on rear foot. Since my shoulders are deeper with the same disc position as you at the top, I have a ton more width in my upper arm/shoulder and it won't collapse much when start going forward since it's all lined up disc-shoulder-CoG.

The annoying thing is I checked after a few throws to see my posture and I thought “yeah improvement”. But I was still wayyy off.

I think I might of actually had good posture a few times ahd I felt like I was way too far over the heels.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:12 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Need to shift back to the rear leg before you turn back. Note how your right shoulder moves forward with your hips from frame 2 to 3, while my right shoulder swings back while hips move forward.

AH! I thought it was all one motion so I was crashing into it instead of up ontop. That’s why it worked on tip toes I was forced to get up on top.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Compare your arm positioning and disc placement relative to your body at top of backswing to gif below.

Then I think you're forced to unload prematurely/too quickly because of the rounding.

Note how there's so much more time for him to bring disc back to the inside/power pocket before redirecting back out... hope it helps!

So what I’m seeing from this is my swing plane is not in line with my axis? Therefore not powerful.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:58 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:

How do you get to the wide rail going inside out? You go inside out out?!
Old 02-10-2020, 08:07 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 368 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
How do you get to the wide rail going inside out? You go inside out out?!
Assuming that I understand correctly, I think of it as out, in, out:

Quote:
One thing I noticed: try supinating rather than pronating your wrist in the backswing.

For outside, inside, outside swing: watch this at around 3:30:
SEE POST 618 for the video

The confusion might be that before you were bringing your arm "around" to the outside of your body as opposed to coming from the inside of your posture to the outside and SW may have told you to go inside out in order to correct that specifically....
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Update; fixing posture and timing/sequencing. It’s not perfect but I think it’s better. I find the more upright I am posture wise I start to lose the pendulum swing and revert back to a horrible flat one.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:48 PM
Birdie Member

Actually comparing that to the markup that SW did... dammit I don’t think my posture is much better at all! I think I must be shifting back to the rear leg wrong