Old 01-20-2020, 09:33 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 192 Times in 113 Posts

Damn that final look at the path of his hips from above was really telling. It's all lateral as opposed to that inch or two shift forward. Really helps visualize some of the things I've been fixing.

Would a stagger that's too big essentially be a diagonal line from that view? As if you're moving forward off the wall while making the lateral shift forward?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,234 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
Damn that final look at the path of his hips from above was really telling. It's all lateral as opposed to that inch or two shift forward. Really helps visualize some of the things I've been fixing.

Would a stagger that's too big essentially be a diagonal line from that view? As if you're moving forward off the wall while making the lateral shift forward?
Not sure I'm following the 1st part regarding lateral vs forward. Are you talking about the first AMG "clearing the hips" vid in this thread?

The more you stagger/close off your stance, then the wall/buttwipe should be relatively diagonal with the stance. Most people struggle with this when staggering/closing off too much and hump the goat with the rear leg and get jammed behind the front hip.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:34 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 192 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Not sure I'm following the 1st part regarding lateral vs forward. Are you talking about the first AMG "clearing the hips" vid in this thread?

The more you stagger/close off your stance, then the wall/buttwipe should be relatively diagonal with the stance. Most people struggle with this when staggering/closing off too much and hump the goat with the rear leg and get jammed behind the front hip.

I was talking about Brodie Smith and the software tracking his hip motion while he was working on butt wipe. His movement was forward and then targetward on the bad example and completely lateral in the good example.

I could see the stagger being a diagonal shift off the wall and it sort of perfectly explains why it’s bad to me.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post

I was playing around with a straight stride the other day. Like, directly down the target line from my rear foot. Feels waaay easier to turn into the backswing via the hip/pelvis, and the door frame position comes a lot more naturally.

Niced: (1)

Old 02-12-2020, 04:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,234 Times in 1,974 Posts