Old 02-11-2020, 08:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,802 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
feel like his woman is going to be his downfall. She obviously trying to steal some shine here lmao

That’s pretty funny about the wrist cocking. Because in all the clinics, they teach against it. Sounds like it’s a little cheat code that they don’t want anybody to know about lol
there was a video with Paul, Eagle and a few others from last year ( i think ) they were all in a basement. . and one of the things they talked about was just " we all cock our wrist but in clinics we say that you should not do that"

I think the the conclusion was that you should cock your wrist. . .but its hard to hear in that video, lots of people talking and the TVs on
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2020, 09:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,233 Times in 1,265 Posts

regardless what they say slow mos would prove whether they do or not

especially sidewinder22 could sniff that stuff out
Old 02-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,243 Times in 620 Posts

Not sure if the pain he's feeling is a normal thing, or something he should be worried about. Hopefully he's ok, and can stay injury free.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-12-2020, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,149 Times in 666 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if he should ramp up very...slowly...to throwing full power, xstep, etc. As in days, weeks, etc, AFTER being given the ok to play.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,205 Times in 1,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
That’s pretty funny about the wrist cocking. Because in all the clinics, they teach against it. Sounds like it’s a little cheat code that they don’t want anybody to know about lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
there was a video with Paul, Eagle and a few others from last year ( i think ) they were all in a basement. . and one of the things they talked about was just " we all cock our wrist but in clinics we say that you should not do that"

I think the the conclusion was that you should cock your wrist. . .but its hard to hear in that video, lots of people talking and the TVs on
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
regardless what they say slow mos would prove whether they do or not

especially sidewinder22 could sniff that stuff out
They say not to curl the wrist, and I agree considering how grip works and the wrist acts like a spring rather than a hinge. The wrist doesn't really generate power, it transfers power from the body to the disc. Force dissipates over distance, so a shorter compact motion is more efficient at transferring force.

IMO there's a difference between cocking and curling. You can be cocked/loaded without curling the wrist, and you can curl the wrist without being cocked/loaded. Flexibility and the way you hold your arm/disc also makes a difference with how gravity pulls the disc/wrist. If you are pronated gravity will pull the wrist into flexion, if you are supinated enough gravity will pull the wrist into extension, as does the transition out of the backswing. The closer your thumb to the center of the disc also tends to add to the appearance/parallax of more flexion.

If you start open hand and wrist inline to forearm and then you wrap your fingers around the disc to clench it, your wrist/back of hand still appears fairly straight to forearm while ulnar deviated/cocked, but your wrist is technically flexed because you clenched your grip around the disc, instead of pulling the disc into your grip/center. If you clench or make a fist without the disc, your wrist will appear extended, but is actually neutral or straight. You should be able to see the tendons in the back of your hand extending as you clench the disc or make a fist.

Open hand wrist articulation is fairly straight forward:

However when you clench your hand/make a fist, your wrist appears to change articulation. What appears to be a neutral or flat or even extended wrist is actually flexed, but much easier to think of it as being straight.

Drew Gibson on wrist curl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wstfsTWvGFQ&t=1m17s

Marty Peters on wrist curl - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-5uHMoYJ6Q&t=3m15s

Dave Dunipace - "Just because they are top pros doesn't mean they are doing things in the most efficient way, and they are much better athletes than most of us.

Load your wrist and fingers lightly with the wrist down and the disc in the “launch” position so that it is only necessary to concentrate on acceleration and not form. The launch position is the position and orientation of the disc in your hand at the hit point. Regardless of whether the disc is at the hit point (launch) or in wind up, you have to hold the disc such that when it starts to pivot and rip out it will have the proper tilt and nose angle that you want the shot to have. Keep your wrist cocked down but not curled back. Your wrist should be more or less in a hand shaking position but cocked down. You also need a wrist down position to have the disc flat to avoid off axis torquing (disc flutter) and severe loss of power. If you hold the disc in the pre-pivot position, all you have to do is put it at the hit spot and the angles will already be there."

Ken Climo - "On to wrist snap. Hold the disc and your wrist firm and solid like you would hold a hammer to drive a nail. Keep everything firm throughout your throwing motion and then uncock at the point of release. Just a short powerful movement. Think about this: You wouldn't bend a hammer all the way back with your wrist to get more snap or power would you? You just hold it straight out in front of you and drop it. Bam! It's the same thing for the release power in the snap. You see people cock their disc and get their elbow up in a big knot and it's unnatural."

Old 02-23-2020, 07:13 AM
* Ace Member *

New one is fun..Paul throws Hannahs disc
Old 02-23-2020, 07:27 AM
* Ace Member *

. . and i have NEVER seen Paul this relaxed in a video

SO fun to se him throw a Archer, Nuke SS and low weight disc. .

Old 02-23-2020, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,866 Times in 2,553 Posts

Old 02-24-2020, 01:04 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 635 Times in 241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
. . and i have NEVER seen Paul this relaxed in a video

SO fun to se him throw a Archer, Nuke SS and low weight disc. .
I think Brodie is giving him Vlogging tips in trade for DG lessons.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.9
Courses Played: 361
Niced 117 Times in 59 Posts

Who can tell me about Jeff and/or Chandler, Paul's home boys? I've seen one of them on the bag before.