Old 02-15-2020, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 323 Times in 189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
So this dastardly Big Z Wasp I have on the way, which will inevitably have dome, is this just gross because of hand feel? Or will these domey Wasps fly significantly different from the traditional flat Z brethren?

I ask because every Wasp I've ever had was board flat, will the dome make it glidier and less stable?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good question. Mine is too gross to bother throwing. Let us know because the one i have wont be released to the wild.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-15-2020, 05:34 PM

Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're not board flat for sure but the slight dome is not a big deal imo. Ymmv. I can see not wanting to pay premium prices though if you're really hung up about the shape

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2020, 06:43 PM

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 8
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
It's common for Big Z to mold out with more dome. I would not worry about it.

We have releases of ESP and Swirly Z to look forward to this year. This is an exciting time to be a Wasp thrower.
I knew about the ESP tour series, but they're running them in Swirly Z too?!
Old 02-15-2020, 07:43 PM

Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
So this dastardly Big Z Wasp I have on the way, which will inevitably have dome, is this just gross because of hand feel? Or will these domey Wasps fly significantly different from the traditional flat Z brethren?

I ask because every Wasp I've ever had was board flat, will the dome make it glidier and less stable?

From my understanding is:

You want your mids to be flat (ie Buzzz, Wasp, Roc) because they are going to hold that straight line more without deviation because of less air getting underneath the disc. Having mild to a lot of dome lets the air get more under the disc which makes your disc go awry. Every mid I've owned has been flat and I have owned a domey-er buzzz and it just didn't hold the intended straight line like my flat top ones.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,405 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro_your_boat View Post
I knew about the ESP tour series, but they're running them in Swirly Z too?!
Tour series will be Swirly Z from what I have heard. The Swirly ESP (last uears tour plastic) is round 2 of Ledgestone releases.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyliaN View Post
From my understanding is:

You want your mids to be flat (ie Buzzz, Wasp, Roc) because they are going to hold that straight line more without deviation because of less air getting underneath the disc. Having mild to a lot of dome lets the air get more under the disc which makes your disc go awry. Every mid I've owned has been flat and I have owned a domey-er buzzz and it just didn't hold the intended straight line like my flat top ones.
Not really. Parting line height is mostly what channels the air over or under. A disc can have both a high PLH and be domey. Dome can (read usually, but not always) increase the glide, which is wonderful on the Comet but not so good on the Wasp

A domey Wasp becomes more Roc-ish... and if I wanted a Roc, I would buy a Roc. Having said that, I did tell a friend, whom is a Roc thrower, about these as he has been looking for a Roc in premimum plastic.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote:

dome /= glide

i havent thrown a domey wasp in about 10 years but it was less stable and really reminiscent of a rock rather than a true wasp flight

Niced: (1)
Old 02-16-2020, 03:34 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 251 Times in 120 Posts

Got a chance to throw the big z wasp today. Compared to my z it's pretty much identical. Big z might be a tick more os but I think that's due to it being new.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 69
Niced 280 Times in 131 Posts

The pictures look nice but I am disappointed the tour series wasps are z. Was really looking forward to some esp wasps.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
The pictures look nice but I am disappointed the tour series wasps are z. Was really looking forward to some esp wasps.
Second stage Ledgestone release will have ESP Wasps in it. I will stay up release night to make sure I get my 3.