Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 AM
Par Member

Niced 73 Times in 38 Posts

I got a brand new Wasp today, and spent a few hours with it. I'm used to throwing a Zombee, which is a bit faster and similar stability when new. I really liked how flat the Wasp was, which made me feel like I could really laser this disc.

First off, it feels amazing in the hand. Not a huge rim, but comfortable and lets my last knuckle settle in to the groove. It feels like I own the disc when I hold it. The flight was extremely reliable, and flew where I wanted it with a reliable finish. Honestly, I was throwing this thing as far as my fairway drivers, and I felt like I had more control. I also threw some great Anhyzer lines and had it fight back to help me get around obstacles. Easily a 1 round disc.

Interestingly enough, I also bought my first Roc brand new today, and was throwing both side-by-side. I loved the Roc, but I felt most confident that the Wasp was going to go where I wanted, and had a bit more stability. I found the Wasp also had more Glide. It felt better in the hand, and wasn't as domey as a the Roc I threw. I'm sure there is some variance on the runs of each mold.

Attached is a photo of my haul today, with both the Roc and Wasp.

The Wasp has found a spot in my bag for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181119_151931.jpg (156.0 KB, 89 views)
Sponsored Links

Last edited by MaxFlight; 11-20-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 145 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
I got a brand new Wasp today, and spent a few hours with it. I'm used to throwing a Zombee, which is a bit faster and similar stability when new. I really liked how flat the Wasp was, which made me feel like I could really laser this disc.

First off, it feels amazing in the hand. Not a huge rim, but comfortable and lets my last knuckle settle in to the groove. It feels like I own the disc when I hold it. The flight was extremely reliable, and flew where I wanted it with a reliable finish. Honestly, I was throwing this thing as far as my fairway drivers, and I felt like I had more control. I also threw some great Anhyzer lines and had it fight back to help me get around obstacles. Easily a 1 round disc.

Interestingly enough, I also bought my first Roc brand new today, and was throwing both side-by-side. I loved the Roc, but I felt most confident that the Wasp was going to go where I wanted, and had a bit more stability. I found the Wasp also had more Glide. It felt better in the hand, and wasn't as domey as a the Roc I threw. I'm sure there is some variance on the runs of each mold.

Attached is a photo of my haul today, with both the Roc and Wasp.

The Wasp has found a spot in my bag for sure.
That Wasp, Comet and Roc are all beauties.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
... I found the Wasp also had more Glide....
This is the same thing that jumped out at me. Earlier this year I had a tryout of sorts for the S/OS mid in my bag and took a big stack of possible candidates out to a field. The max wt Z Wasp was the standout performer in the way of stability, distance and glide. Glide in particular; it just seemed to air out there for longer than the rest.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2018, 01:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,975 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
This is the same thing that jumped out at me. Earlier this year I had a tryout of sorts for the S/OS mid in my bag and took a big stack of possible candidates out to a field. The max wt Z Wasp was the standout performer in the way of stability, distance and glide. Glide in particular; it just seemed to air out there for longer than the rest.
this 100x

Old 11-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
this 100x
Paul is going to be throwing Wasps for sure - if I were him, I'd want my name on the Buzzz first and foremost, but the Wasp just does such a good impression of a Roc3 (or is it vice versa??). Hopefully DC will be willing to crank out some better plastic options for him to season into his turnover Roc3 slot.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,975 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Paul is going to be throwing Wasps for sure - if I were him, I'd want my name on the Buzzz first and foremost, but the Wasp just does such a good impression of a Roc3 (or is it vice versa??). Hopefully DC will be willing to crank out some better plastic options for him to season into his turnover Roc3 slot.
this is the answer weve all been looking for for years

i never thought i would thank macbeth for anything in my life but this just might be stars aligning to do so

Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Its going to be weird/funny seeing how many people (innova fanboys) try out a Wasp and love it after seeing Paul throw it. Even though Doss has been under the radar using one for a long time.

Love the Comet + Wasp combo. Can cover basically any shot.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post

You can get wasp that flies like a buzz but not the other way around.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 146 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post

You can get wasp that flies like a buzz but not the other way around.
I have one z wasp with near meteor stability. So it could happen

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Its going to be weird/funny seeing how many people (innova fanboys) try out a Wasp and love it after seeing Paul throw it. Even though Doss has been under the radar using one for a long time.

I am glad that Discraft will get more recognition, regardless the reason they deserve it they have a good and continually growing better product.and since this is the Wasp throwers thread I will say once more ESP and X Wasps are seemingly a necessity.