#931  
Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 AM
MaxFlight MaxFlight is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 147
Niced 73 Times in 38 Posts
Default

I got a brand new Wasp today, and spent a few hours with it. I'm used to throwing a Zombee, which is a bit faster and similar stability when new. I really liked how flat the Wasp was, which made me feel like I could really laser this disc.

First off, it feels amazing in the hand. Not a huge rim, but comfortable and lets my last knuckle settle in to the groove. It feels like I own the disc when I hold it. The flight was extremely reliable, and flew where I wanted it with a reliable finish. Honestly, I was throwing this thing as far as my fairway drivers, and I felt like I had more control. I also threw some great Anhyzer lines and had it fight back to help me get around obstacles. Easily a 1 round disc.

Interestingly enough, I also bought my first Roc brand new today, and was throwing both side-by-side. I loved the Roc, but I felt most confident that the Wasp was going to go where I wanted, and had a bit more stability. I found the Wasp also had more Glide. It felt better in the hand, and wasn't as domey as a the Roc I threw. I'm sure there is some variance on the runs of each mold.

Attached is a photo of my haul today, with both the Roc and Wasp.

The Wasp has found a spot in my bag for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181119_151931.jpg (156.0 KB, 89 views)
Sponsored Links

Last edited by MaxFlight; 11-20-2018 at 02:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 11-20-2018, 02:17 PM
kevdiv48's Avatar
kevdiv48 kevdiv48 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 177
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 2,234
Niced 145 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
I got a brand new Wasp today, and spent a few hours with it. I'm used to throwing a Zombee, which is a bit faster and similar stability when new. I really liked how flat the Wasp was, which made me feel like I could really laser this disc.

First off, it feels amazing in the hand. Not a huge rim, but comfortable and lets my last knuckle settle in to the groove. It feels like I own the disc when I hold it. The flight was extremely reliable, and flew where I wanted it with a reliable finish. Honestly, I was throwing this thing as far as my fairway drivers, and I felt like I had more control. I also threw some great Anhyzer lines and had it fight back to help me get around obstacles. Easily a 1 round disc.

Interestingly enough, I also bought my first Roc brand new today, and was throwing both side-by-side. I loved the Roc, but I felt most confident that the Wasp was going to go where I wanted, and had a bit more stability. I found the Wasp also had more Glide. It felt better in the hand, and wasn't as domey as a the Roc I threw. I'm sure there is some variance on the runs of each mold.

Attached is a photo of my haul today, with both the Roc and Wasp.

The Wasp has found a spot in my bag for sure.
That Wasp, Comet and Roc are all beauties.
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 11-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,521
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFlight View Post
... I found the Wasp also had more Glide....
This is the same thing that jumped out at me. Earlier this year I had a tryout of sorts for the S/OS mid in my bag and took a big stack of possible candidates out to a field. The max wt Z Wasp was the standout performer in the way of stability, distance and glide. Glide in particular; it just seemed to air out there for longer than the rest.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:02 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,158
Niced 1,975 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
This is the same thing that jumped out at me. Earlier this year I had a tryout of sorts for the S/OS mid in my bag and took a big stack of possible candidates out to a field. The max wt Z Wasp was the standout performer in the way of stability, distance and glide. Glide in particular; it just seemed to air out there for longer than the rest.
this 100x

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,521
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
this 100x
Paul is going to be throwing Wasps for sure - if I were him, I'd want my name on the Buzzz first and foremost, but the Wasp just does such a good impression of a Roc3 (or is it vice versa??). Hopefully DC will be willing to crank out some better plastic options for him to season into his turnover Roc3 slot.
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 11-21-2018, 01:35 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,158
Niced 1,975 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Paul is going to be throwing Wasps for sure - if I were him, I'd want my name on the Buzzz first and foremost, but the Wasp just does such a good impression of a Roc3 (or is it vice versa??). Hopefully DC will be willing to crank out some better plastic options for him to season into his turnover Roc3 slot.
this is the answer weve all been looking for for years

i never thought i would thank macbeth for anything in my life but this just might be stars aligning to do so

Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 AM
MANBURGARLAR's Avatar
MANBURGARLAR MANBURGARLAR is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 509
Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Its going to be weird/funny seeing how many people (innova fanboys) try out a Wasp and love it after seeing Paul throw it. Even though Doss has been under the radar using one for a long time.

Love the Comet + Wasp combo. Can cover basically any shot.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 11-22-2018, 02:03 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,121
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post

Love the Comet + Wasp combo. Can cover basically any shot.




You can get wasp that flies like a buzz but not the other way around.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 11-22-2018, 09:03 PM
tylerc's Avatar
tylerc tylerc is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: nc
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 74
Posts: 1,281
Niced 146 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post




You can get wasp that flies like a buzz but not the other way around.
I have one z wasp with near meteor stability. So it could happen
Reply With Quote
 

  #940  
Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Its going to be weird/funny seeing how many people (innova fanboys) try out a Wasp and love it after seeing Paul throw it. Even though Doss has been under the radar using one for a long time.

Love the Comet + Wasp combo. Can cover basically any shot.
I am glad that Discraft will get more recognition, regardless the reason they deserve it they have a good and continually growing better product.and since this is the Wasp throwers thread I will say once more ESP and X Wasps are seemingly a necessity.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
76 Disc, OOP, PFN, FR, SE, & throwers:Bullet Aviar DGA Buzzz Wasp FR-P2 Hornet Escape spahnandsain The Marketplace 16 04-13-2015 01:47 PM
Discraft Throwers - DGCR Discount, Buzzz, Comet, Wasp, Pred, Avenger steinkecm The Marketplace 0 01-19-2015 08:36 PM
New Dx Teebirds, Gummy Leopard/Beast throwers, Wasp Tooled Buzzz thrower MNThrower The Marketplace 11 01-06-2014 07:49 PM
All sorts: F2s Lat/WS, Z Banger, TI Wasp, Tern, Wasp McBurdy The Marketplace 16 05-05-2013 03:03 PM
pro d wasp, esp wasp, old stamp z wasp - ALL NEW - End Time July 10th 10:00 PM EST Plankeye DGCR Auctions 2 07-10-2012 09:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.