Old 02-16-2019, 07:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,837 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpip View Post
Jussi said on live Q&A that they aint the regular Lat64 plastic blends. Blends will be made just for Discmania.
Sure....like Lucid is a blend made just for DD. And BT is special just for Westside.

But even if they are truly brand new plastic blends just for Discmania, they won't be the limited run plastics that Lat already has produced discs in like OptoX or Frost.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-16-2019, 09:01 AM

Niced 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Sure....like Lucid is a blend made just for DD. And BT is special just for Westside.

But even if they are truly brand new plastic blends just for Discmania, they won't be the limited run plastics that Lat already has produced discs in like OptoX or Frost.
Also said that NEO is only blend which is ready to produce. EXO and LUX are still in working process. Same with molds, on working process.

So blends will be completely new - no limited run plastics or regural blends. I don't see a thing why Jussi would lie on this. Of course there will be somekind of similarity with Lat64 blends.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 794 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaxgoblin View Post
I think the only thing people actually wanted was some Discmania use of Yikun overmold and well that didnt happen.
Yet, Yet, still a new partnership.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Hopefully now I’ll be able to get
- A very overstable flat top beadless mid/putter from Discmania. Something like a Pig/Mortar/Zone.
- A SUPER beefy driver like an Innova Max/Monster would also be great to add to the Discmania lineup. It would kick Eagles MF Max out of his bag.
Perhaps a mold like a Harp.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Also said that NEO is only blend which is ready to produce. EXO and LUX are still in working process. Same with molds, on working process.

So blends will be completely new - no limited run plastics or regural blends. I don't see a thing why Jussi would lie on this. Of course there will be somekind of similarity with Lat64 blends.

Because Marketing.

It wouldn't be cost effective to make all new blends.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts

Quote:

They could be experimenting with their plastics in different mixture percentages, like Innova perhaps has done with the Infinite Disc line of discs and I-blend plastic.

Niced: (3)
Old 02-16-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
They could be experimenting with their plastics in different mixture percentages, like Innova perhaps has done with the Infinite Disc line of discs and I-blend plastic.
What is I blend? I have not used any discs from the Infinite lineup.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
What is I blend? I have not used any discs from the Infinite lineup.
To make a short story long, I've always believed that Star plastic begins as Pro with some additives put in to make Star more resilient and better quality. Some Pro (and we're talking driver Pro here) is almost Star-like in quality, and some is a notch down on the quality and durability scale.

If Infinite Discs or Innova reveals what I-blend is, take their word for it, but I suspect I-Blend is a Pro-based mixture that is really good quality, Star-ish but at Pro prices. I also think it was an experimental mixture that went right.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
To make a short story long, I've always believed that Star plastic begins as Pro with some additives put in to make Star more resilient and better quality. Some Pro (and we're talking driver Pro here) is almost Star-like in quality, and some is a notch down on the quality and durability scale.

If Infinite Discs or Innova reveals what I-blend is, take their word for it, but I suspect I-Blend is a Pro-based mixture that is really good quality, Star-ish but at Pro prices. I also think it was an experimental mixture that went right.
So like a new version of Echo Star? As if Echo Star was not a recycled Star but rather made as a blend. I was hoping it was a Champion Pro, that needs to be a blend as a plastic unless Star is a blend of Champion and Pro togther. Champion/Pro could make a griped plastic blend that is like a super durable Star like plastic that lasts a long time and it would be like a Big Z in terms of how translucent the plastic is.

Old 02-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
So like a new version of Echo Star? As if Echo Star was not a recycled Star but rather made as a blend. I was hoping it was a Champion Pro, that needs to be a blend as a plastic unless Star is a blend of Champion and Pro togther. Champion/Pro could make a griped plastic blend that is like a super durable Star like plastic that lasts a long time and it would be like a Big Z in terms of how translucent the plastic is.
Some believe Star is a blend of Pro and Champion; I'm not totally sure of that, but it could be. Echostar was allegedly recycled Star, and may be the main ingredient of Swirly Star plastic (as an anecdotal observation, Echostar started going OOP as more Swirly Star molds were made for things like Tour Series). Chemists and Materials Engineers could probably talk all day about different blends and such stuff...

I guess one day we'll find out what I-blend really is....