Old 03-17-2019, 09:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,993 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Baskets/targets also have sweet spots and weak spots.
wouldnt a good putter change their putt slightly to accommodate rather than relying on a baseline plastic to shave the strokes for them
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2019, 09:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,993 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I disagree. If the plastic isn't dinging or gouging, then it's coming off the chains with less friction.
can you expand on this either you didnt understand what i really said or im not understanding you or both
Old 03-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 27
Niced 542 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
can you expand on this either you didnt understand what i really said or im not understanding you or both
Baseline plastics will have a rougher leading edge, Premium plastics (Champ like ones especially) will have a smoother surface. The dinging/gouging helps create that rougher surface. The rougher surface will have more friction with the chains, even if that is minimal it's likely to have an effect that is noticeable to a player over time.

As a personal preference I prefer the all round weather conditions feel of baseline plastics for putting. I can get more pop/spring on the disc out of my fingers than I can with premium.

I'm intrigued by the upside down putting comment of above though and using premium for this, I will be experimenting on that one!

Niced: (2)
Old 03-18-2019, 07:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 664 Times in 321 Posts

I had a stack of Wizards in some sort of "soft" blend that really wasn't very soft.

Then I bought an R-Pro Polecat.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:03 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 635 Times in 283 Posts

I always shake my head when I hear about people wanting plastic that grabs chains. That isn’t a real thing and if it was, EVEY putter would be made out of plastic that “grabs”.

Throw the plastic that leaves your hand the cleanest. Grabby plastic won’t save your crap putts any more than anything else, just concentrate on getting that disc in the sweet spot.

Much like anything else, it’s more in your head than irl. It can only be an issue if you manifest it into one.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 58 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
As a personal preference I prefer the all round weather conditions feel of baseline plastics for putting. I can get more pop/spring on the disc out of my fingers than I can with premium.
In the last few days I've practiced with premium plastic (K1 Rekos, Gold/Opto Pures) and now I have difficulty to go back to base plastic. With my K3 Rekos or Prime Pures, I miss low or left and I feel like the disc is slipping. I putt with not much finger pressure and with premium plastics it just feels like my finger pads stick better which is strange since base plastics are suppose to have more grip.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 75 Posts

After playing in winter for a couple years, I notice that premium plastic is a lot harder to putt with IMO. It tends to come out of my hands a little early (harder to grip). I mentioned the Spider, because it feels and looks like a putter to me. The plate is less stiff than a lot of other stars I own.

I will try it again when it warms outside. Classic Blend, DX, Prime, all feel great in any condition.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:59 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRReGoN View Post
In the last few days I've practiced with premium plastic (K1 Rekos, Gold/Opto Pures) and now I have difficulty to go back to base plastic. With my K3 Rekos or Prime Pures, I miss low or left and I feel like the disc is slipping. I putt with not much finger pressure and with premium plastics it just feels like my finger pads stick better which is strange since base plastics are suppose to have more grip.
Do you notice it slipping out of your hand a little early all year, or just when its cold?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Niced 58 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Do you notice it slipping out of your hand a little early all year, or just when its cold?
Right now it's indoor putting, home and at the a local putting league. It's still winter here and too much snow for my liking, I did a couple of rounds early winter when there was not much snow and I was using a Pro D Banger GT. I was using base plastic all the time for putting until the last few days.

I'll see this spring if the premium plastic still feels better when playing rounds but for now when I switch back to base plastic putters it does come out early out of my hand. When I try to putt with a Reko in K3 after putting with one in K1 I need to adjust quite a lot. It's easier to switch to a Pure in Opto than a K3 Reko.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-18-2019, 11:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 803 Times in 558 Posts

I putt with an Envy, I also approach with an Envy. I have trouble cycling baseline plastic because it gets trashed real fast out here. That being said I use their plasma (star) plastic ones the most. I like the improved grip on baseline but can't be bothered to carry a putter only. I tried, it worked for first two months and now they are too worn in to hold the flight I want. My electron softs are a different disc to my plasmas and noticeably different even at 30ft. So premium plastic here and no regrets, I don't think I miss many putts by "that much" and I would rather have two discs hold their flight for a couple years then to cycle three or more every year.

Niced: (2)