Old 03-26-2019, 01:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riltim View Post
I'll have to give the guy credit, he can sell some discs. I was having a few beers and watching TDTM coverage last night and in awe of how he was killing it with the Luna. I'm not sure if it was the beers or what but I was somehow convinced that I needed to test them out against my Jawbreaker Roaches; which I'm perfectly happy with BTW. Long story short I placed an order for two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I fell for it too.....lmao. Picked up 2 and have 2 more coming as well 🤷🏼*♂️. I’m very comfortable with my Chally OS but I’m always tinkering and trying to find a better mouse trap lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2019, 04:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 599 Times in 439 Posts

....a genie lamp, rabbits foot, and a picture of Evel Knievel

Niced: (2)
Old 04-20-2019, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

He throws a Vulture at the Rumble

Niced: (1)
Old 04-21-2019, 07:35 PM

Niced 15 Times in 8 Posts

My wife claims to have heard Paul say the Luna was named after his grandmother. Have any of you heard this as well?
Old 04-21-2019, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 71
Niced 276 Times in 163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmatters View Post
My wife claims to have heard Paul say the Luna was named after his grandmother. Have any of you heard this as well?
Truth
Old 04-29-2019, 08:42 AM
* Ace Member *

I have watched most of Pauls rounds the last years, the ones beeing filmed that is.

When he was with Innova, he was known for throwning his NOVA on laser straight lines on his approches. . and he did that alot

Now with Discraft he mostly throws the ZONE for approches. . i basicly never see him throw the direct floty straight shot anymore.

Well you can say that Innova dont have a ZONE or Discraft dont have a NOVA. . and sure that is tru, but they do have discs that flies similar.

But for me i seams like Paul completly changed his short approch game after the switch. . .no more smooth straight shots. . but more hyzer shots with a OS disc

Niced: (1)
Old 04-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 128
Niced 73 Times in 27 Posts

What did Paul throw off the tee on Hole 1 of the final round at GBO? It had a cool-looking blue tie-dye pattern. With a massive tailwind, I'm assuming it was a flippy fairway, maybe a Heat or something? Hadn't seen that disc before, and I don't think it came out for any other shots that round.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
What did Paul throw off the tee on Hole 1 of the final round at GBO? It had a cool-looking blue tie-dye pattern. With a massive tailwind, I'm assuming it was a flippy fairway, maybe a Heat or something? Hadn't seen that disc before, and I don't think it came out for any other shots that round.
All the new ESP team series have that pattern and is bottom stamped , but not sure what mould that was
Old 04-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 101
Niced 614 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aredoubles View Post
It's a force. He has a pink and a blue one. I didn't really like the look of it though honestly. Looked like a copy of the DD Burst plastic. Although, I guess Discraft started that style back in the day with their Swirled APX.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,596 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I have watched most of Pauls rounds the last years, the ones beeing filmed that is.

When he was with Innova, he was known for throwning his NOVA on laser straight lines on his approches. . and he did that alot

Now with Discraft he mostly throws the ZONE for approches. . i basicly never see him throw the direct floty straight shot anymore.

Well you can say that Innova dont have a ZONE or Discraft dont have a NOVA. . and sure that is tru, but they do have discs that flies similar.

But for me i seams like Paul completly changed his short approch game after the switch. . .no more smooth straight shots. . but more hyzer shots with a OS disc
Yeah I was interested to see how much he'd lean on the Zone for FH approaches and short hyzers...but have been very surprised how much he uses it all the time. He does have the power/spin/control though to hold it straight even on shorter shots, while taking advantage of its low glide and stability. Still very surprised at the complete shot selection change. He's obviously throwing it well and trusting it.

At GBO though it was so windy that I bet a Nova wouldn't even need to be in the bag if he had it.