Old 03-31-2019, 09:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 312 Times in 183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I thought it interesting that Eagle dropped (and replaced) the Gator. Interesting in the context of Discmania and Innova players dropping the other company's discs
I'm not convinced that the MD5 can do Gator things. Isn't it a lot less stable? From what I've seen the MD5 seems to be more of a Verdict type disc than a utility os midrange. I'm guessing the Latmania midrange coming out is going to be more of a Gator type disc
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-31-2019, 12:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Didnt buy the "trying out the Ox" part. Promotion likely only. Which is fine, thats how the game is played.

Instinct sounds good tho. And obviously going to try the DD3. Its only that Eagle said they are little more stable than Glow PD2s. And those I bag like a **** already. The word earlier was that little LESS stable than them. But whatever the rumor is, always will have to see for my spin/arm speed obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93
More OS? No thanks. One tick less OS and you had me at hello. I'll wait for reports before jumping on the DD3 bandwagon...
Guys, watch the video again. He definitely said that the DD3 is LESS overstable than his PD2's. He said that his backhand overpowers the DD3 so he mostly uses it forehand. That's an Eagle-problem: when your forehand is so clean and your backhand is so powerful that you can throw a flippier discs more easily forehand than backhand.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:46 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 179 Times in 97 Posts

The amount of hyzer put on that forehand ox, made it look like a grenade shot. Yet, it flipped all the way over. Doubt it makes any pro bag
Old 03-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Most people on here don't have egale's power
Who's Egale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Nobody on here has Eagle's power
FTFY
Old 03-31-2019, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 24
Niced 87 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Guys, watch the video again. He definitely said that the DD3 is LESS overstable than his PD2's. He said that his backhand overpowers the DD3 so he mostly uses it forehand. That's an Eagle-problem: when your forehand is so clean and your backhand is so powerful that you can throw a flippier discs more easily forehand than backhand.
I wasn't assuming this was from Eagle's ITB. He did NOT reference glow PD2s in his ITB. That's what Flick Maniac mentioned and what I was referring to, assuming he made this pronouncement somewhere else.

Old 03-31-2019, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
I'm not convinced that the MD5 can do Gator things. Isn't it a lot less stable? From what I've seen the MD5 seems to be more of a Verdict type disc than a utility os midrange. I'm guessing the Latmania midrange coming out is going to be more of a Gator type disc
It’s pretty close to a normal Gator. It’s just that most people think of the crazy OS brick runs when they think about the Gator. Which is fine but just keep that in mind when people lavish praise on the Gator.

That being said. If I’m going to bag a beaded mid in the utility midrange slot I’m going to bag the gator. And I’m not going to bag a beaded midrange period.

MD5 is easier to throw farther and doesn’t fight to the ground as early in the flight. The fade is still really good and dumps hard though.

I’d put it right in the middle of the mortar and the super OS gators. Depending on how it wears in it could be a really unique disc. Maybe next year someone that bagged one can chime in.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 706 Times in 381 Posts

Exactly. Glow PD2s specifically. Much more workable. When the Cloud Breakers came out people were saying tick less stable and later more forward fade than the glow PD2s and I all but wet my pants. But I saw Eagle comment on facebook last week saying Glows are less stable. But yeah, different strokes for different folks, the old agade fits in disc golf so well

As for MD5...
I bag a Scott Withers Gator myself. Love that its flat and goes nowhere but the ground. MD5 had more dome to it and the overstability is mostly later in the flight, then its got the hefty fade. Didnt want to be forever searching for a flat one when I know the SW gators are what I was looking for. (Actually previously I had a Justice for that slot, also because it was flat and super OS. But the SW gator is even moreso)

Niced: (2)
Old 04-01-2019, 02:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts

The scary thing about Eagle... I'm not sure Eagle has Eagle's power. He is so effortless with both FH and BH, not to mention he's what 20? I don't think we have seen his top end distance yet... Wouldn't surprise me if he's routinely throwing accurate 650+ BH and 500+ FH on golf lines in the next couple years.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
The scary thing about Eagle... I'm not sure Eagle has Eagle's power. He is so effortless with both FH and BH, not to mention he's what 20? I don't think we have seen his top end distance yet... Wouldn't surprise me if he's routinely throwing accurate 650+ BH and 500+ FH on golf lines in the next couple years.
Yes, he is 20 years old. And he needs to work on that putting, not distance.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
Yes, he is 20 years old. And he needs to work on that putting, not distance.
I don't think he needs to work on distance, I think its just going to get better as he gets a little older. His putting is already pretty good a lot of the time. His game in general just needs to be finetuned and more consistent and he has already been putting in work with his mental game. His "Sextoning" last year was the start of it. He has shown at times that something we all talk about Simon needs and once he gains better control of his body and overall game, I think we are going to see him shredding the long woody courses as much as the open golf style ones...

...anybody want to bet he's the first to break 1060? I give him 3 years at the most.

Though I guess if Paul keeps going like he is, he might get there soon, lol.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 04-01-2019 at 07:51 AM.