Old 04-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Id recommend D-Line or X-Line for winter golf. If you like (Stiff) P-Line then I bet the (Soft) P-Line would be to flexible for your liking. The D and X are still grippy but not as flexible as the (Soft) P-Line.
The soft line would be a good winter option. Keep in mind, they have discontinued the X line plastic.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
The soft line would be a good winter option. Keep in mind, they have discontinued the X line plastic.
Agree. If your playing in real winter conditions, eg below freezing, soft p-line is amazing. I tried X-Line and it was too stiff and slippery in really cold weather.

X-Line is good if you are playing in warmer weather and want more grip than stiff p-line.

On the flip side soft p-line is too soft for me in warmer weather (above 40 degrees F).
Old 04-13-2019, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 552 Times in 340 Posts

Had a couple great rounds putting with my Stiff P2's. Finally found a putter I felt comfortable using with a pitch putt. Been using a spin putt for the last few years & have been wanting to get away from it. It's funny sometimes when you try out a really popular mold & realize why so many people like it. Did that with the Teebird last year.

Niced: (3)
Old 09-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 521 Times in 298 Posts

I've been looking at maybe switching putters. I have a borrowed P2 that needs to go back and have picked up one more but gotta ask. I"m having a really hard time finding them in max or near max weight. Anyone else noticing this?

Also I like P-line Stiff but wondering before I go buying a bunch of different some thoughts on P-line Glow vs X line vs P line stiff?
Old 09-04-2019, 08:16 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
I've been looking at maybe switching putters. I have a borrowed P2 that needs to go back and have picked up one more but gotta ask. I"m having a really hard time finding them in max or near max weight. Anyone else noticing this?

Also I like P-line Stiff but wondering before I go buying a bunch of different some thoughts on P-line Glow vs X line vs P line stiff?
You just have to stock up a few times a year when they hit the market. They go fast. Or get them through the discmania store.

The p-line stiff/original is the only way to go if you ask me. Very cycle-able. I have them in every other plastic but I don't use any of them.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 18
Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post

They're a popular putter and they sell quick whenever they come out. There's quite a few dealers on the Discmania Facebook groups who have some currently. If your favorite local or web store doesn't have any in stock, hit up those guys.

As for myself, I usually carry a glow P and a D line for my putting purposes. I usually find myself switching between the two every so often, depending on whats working better for me at the time.

If you're looking to switch putters, I'd recommend picking up 1 or 2 of each plastic type and see what works for you.