Old 04-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

While I was playing a round, I looked up into a tree. I saw many discs and some unusually organized. I got my baseball out to knock a few down. When I looked back up, I saw 3 disc golfers sleeping in the tree. Then I woke up!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2019, 10:54 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 28 Times in 14 Posts

I saw a pro ignore the other three people on the card and take relief 80 foot closer than deserved.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 520 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
I would have warned the guy that the cops were looking for him. Funny how our perspectives differ.
Perspectives and just some differences in general. No pro-shop or anyone in one in this area would have called the cops to start with. Probably would have held onto the bag waiting for the guy to come back just like it were lost keys or sunglasses.

Niced: (2)
Old 04-29-2019, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 255
Niced 356 Times in 178 Posts

I stumbled across a tiny makeshift camp fire with a grill on hole 3 of Oregon Park, GA yesterday. If pausing mid round to cook a steak isn't a power move I don't know what is.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 160
Niced 115 Times in 63 Posts

I was playing an early morning round at Mint Hill in the Charlotte area this week, got around to #8 and had to wait on a lady and her son walking their dog, down the fairway.
I said, "Good Morning" and she comes back with, "Oh, so its not a dying sport?"

I kind of chuckled and said, "Definitely not dying here in Charlotte, maybe at this course!"

On another topic, couldn't play the Scrapyard, Rob Wallace Park or Rotary Club courses early morning, because those parks ARE GATED UNTIL 8AM !!
Why do these parks have to be closed to people wanting early morning workouts? Mint Hill had a ton of people out when I got there at 6:30!!
Old 05-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 169 Times in 105 Posts

I threw a disc into the creek that runs behind the course at Hover Links, SC. I went to go get it and had to walk in really soft mud and my shoe got stuck and my foot came out of the shoe. In just the time it took me to get my balance on one foot and try to lean over and figure out how to get the shoe without planting my foot in the goo, some hermit crabs came running over to take shelter in it.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 265 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
I threw a disc into the creek that runs behind the course at Hover Links, SC. I went to go get it and had to walk in really soft mud and my shoe got stuck and my foot came out of the shoe. In just the time it took me to get my balance on one foot and try to lean over and figure out how to get the shoe without planting my foot in the goo, some hermit crabs came running over to take shelter in it.
That shoe belongs to them now

Niced: (1)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 160
Niced 115 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:

I got a look at that creek last year when I "played" there, unless it was a disc I REALLY liked, I think I would have left it.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 248
Niced 1,728 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Lucky some pond diving scum did not float by, claiming the shoe for himself. You would have had to stop by the local Play It Again Sports to buy it back. Was you name and phone number on the shoe?

Niced: (2)

Old 05-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Niced 169 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Lucky some pond diving scum did not float by, claiming the shoe for himself. You would have had to stop by the local Play It Again Sports to buy it back. Was you name and phone number on the shoe?
That thought over abandoned property rights is what actually drove me to retrieve that shoe, and not the idea that I didn't want to ride my bike back without my foot protected from the spiky pedal. Actually, since then, I only ever play that course in flip flops.

Anyway, good one made me laugh