Old 05-21-2019, 09:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,350 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getty View Post
He did spoil it for those of us who wait for the next-day vids to show up. I wish the mods would delete these threads and ban the OP.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts

OK who's got the link to GG playing in the wooded portion? Was he on chase on round 2 at all? I like many others mostly discounted him as more of a bomb thrower than a woodsy finesse type.

He throws Roc3s super far though, maybe he was able to capitalize on the control of a mid for some shots. Stoked for him, entertaining to watch his game.

Let's not forget Simon's performance, awesome job too! 2nd over Rick and McBeth at DeLa is nuts!
Old 05-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts

My 2c on spoilers: It wouldn't kill people to avoid posting spoilers until at least the day after the next day coverage drops.

I would have to either stay off social media entirely until I have the opportunity to watch the next day coverage, or tune in for the live coverage. I was one of the first to click on the final rounds of Jomez and it was still spoiled for me; it's bull****.

Can anti-spoiler furor get out of control? Yes, it has indeed. We have become a little crazy about it lately. News perhaps travels a little too fast on the internet and people are tired of having their experiences compromised.

That being said like, ****, can we at least act in good faith and use spoiler tags and vague titles until THE DAY AFTER the coverage drops?

Also, you ****heads telling people to stop being babies, stop crying about things etc. Let me just say, you are some of the worst crybabies there are, the irony of complaining about complainers whooshing over your crybaby heads.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

SHUT IT DOWN! All of it. Close the internet until next day coverage has dropped. Call all the ISPs and ask them NOT to push packets around. Forget that there is live coverage sometimes. Forget that occasionally the post rounds don't get out until later the next day, or rarely Tuesday with some cards. Disc companies & sponsors please stop congratulating your players online without a HUGE spoiler tag. UDisc, can you please just freeze live scoring until the live coverage drops? PDGA, don't post about updated points or winners on your biggest events. EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND NEXT DAY COVERAGE! Oh, and heaven forbid that the 2nd card coverage spoil the winner with a leader board at the end. Or that the MPO spoils the FPO, or the FPO spoils the MPO coverage. Or that the live coverage spoils the FPO coverage you planned on watching later because you couldn't tune in for it in the morning. Parents of players, you are the WORST offenders by congratulating your children on huge accomplishments that they have wanted for their entire lives and you should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

I honestly don't think that there should be a thread here that says, "XXX WON XXX EVENT". But beyond that, everyone else get bent. If you have no self control that you can't stay off the internet for 1 day a week, I have no sympathy. We live in an online world with rules, and no where have we agreed to NOT talk about the things we are excited about and enjoy with others that enjoy them.

Go somewhere and create an entire spoiler free area if you NEED to be online and can't deal with it. We are all truly sorry that you can't enjoy coverage the EXACT way that YOU want to.

But most of you know my take by now. There are no spoilers in sports.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 112 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
There are no spoilers in sports.
This. I can't believe people expect others to try and avoid spoiling sports things for others. With so many ways to follow a tourney,game or other event, figure it out for yourself. Avoid social media, message boards, people in the know etc...or....keep up with the rest of us.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

If you don't want to know then go off the grid (as said earlier).
I can't believe this has to be discussed.

Quote:
We are all truly sorry that you can't enjoy coverage the EXACT way that YOU want to.
I'll agree with this only if it's sarcasm, which I believe it is.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts

Let me start this by saying both sides need to come back from defcon 1 a bit...

Its one thing to complain about spoilers when there is live coverage of an event, its another to complain about it when there isn't. The whole point for a pretty large chunk of sports viewership, is about the drama unfolding before them. If you get spoiled and there is no drama, it loses a lot of its appeal to a lot of people. That's probably the main reason why I prefer the live over postpro and I am sure i'm not the only one.

It seems to me that content creators should want to not piss off a segment(large or small) of their viewers...And yes, people who don't want to get spoilers should stay off SM as much as possible but lets not act like its just that easy to do so. People need to get on SM for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with DG. Personally, I am not on any SM unless you count this or YT. I steer clear of tourney threads, try not to pay much attention to the general DG chat topics that pop up, don't subscribe to manufacturer's channels on YT and in general do my best to stay away as much as possible...

I still get spoilered. Is it a travesty that will make my life not worth living? Of course not... but it is rather annoying to spend a day or 3 or whatever, mostly cut off just to see that thumbnail pop up when its not necessary to use that pic. Maybe after a couple days or a week, they can go back and change the thumbnail to a different pic to give the winner some credit.

Personally, I always thought that the CCs should try to get winners from the big events to do a "Winner's Commentary" after the fact. That way we get to hear insight from that player about the how/what/where/when/why. CCs get some extra views. Manufacturers and the players get some extra air time... Its a win-win.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 979 Times in 576 Posts

Anyone know how old GG is? I know he's been around for a while, but I'm really digging his entire game right now. His sonic approaches are amazing. Reminds me a bit of MJ. While his putting is fine, if he continues to improve dude could be unstoppable.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2019, 08:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,144 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post

Anyone know how old GG is? I know he's been around for a while, but I'm really digging his entire game right now. His sonic approaches are amazing. Reminds me a bit of MJ. While his putting is fine, if he continues to improve dude could be unstoppable.
Early 30's I would think. Finished second (to his brother) in 12 and under at Am Worlds in 98.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 44.6
Courses Played: 193
Niced 514 Times in 254 Posts

I played in a fundraiser for Guthrie after he first went pro. Luckily he was in the group behind me for one of the rounds so I got to watch him throw some drives. Everyone was mesmerized. Then he started besting the current distance record. If his game is complete now SPOILER ALERT this guy will be serious competition. And he is apparently a mudder too, lol.