Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
That is interesting. I have a Star Leo3 at 162g, and it is more overstable than both of my Pipelines, which are 167-169g in Proline plastic. For me, the Pipelines have a distinct right turn/flip up early in the flight (RHBH).
It might be that Star Leo3 of yours just molded up more overstable. It happens. I'm preferring my Champ Leo3s more than my Stars right now, though the Swirly Star Hannah Leatherman Leo3s are also awesome and fly like the Champs. I'd taken the Pipeline out of my bag to experiment with other plastic, but it may be back in when Summer gives way to Fall...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2019, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,146 Times in 576 Posts

One of my friends handed me a pipeline yesterday to try out. I'm a little skeptical because the undertaker has had a solid place in my bag for a while now (I carry 3, a FR, an ESP, and a 168 Z) but figure I'll try it just because I really like the DGA stuff I've tried.

I guess I'm interested in how it would fit in my bag. Sounds like it has a little more high speed stability than an undertaker?
Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 227
Niced 61 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
One of my friends handed me a pipeline yesterday to try out. I'm a little skeptical because the undertaker has had a solid place in my bag for a while now (I carry 3, a FR, an ESP, and a 168 Z) but figure I'll try it just because I really like the DGA stuff I've tried.

I guess I'm interested in how it would fit in my bag. Sounds like it has a little more high speed stability than an undertaker?
I haven't thrown the Undertaker, and I could very well be wrong, but I thought the Undertaker was a beefier Pipeline. The Pipeline starts out pretty straight with some forward fade, and it will develop a gentle turn pretty quickly as it beats in, but maintains most of the fade. Domey ones will glide (turn) more.

I've been curious how these compare, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts as you become familiar with it.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-02-2019, 08:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declarkus View Post
I haven't thrown the Undertaker, and I could very well be wrong, but I thought the Undertaker was a beefier Pipeline. The Pipeline starts out pretty straight with some forward fade, and it will develop a gentle turn pretty quickly as it beats in, but maintains most of the fade. Domey ones will glide (turn) more.

I've been curious how these compare, so I'm interested to hear your thoughts as you become familiar with it.
So far - and keep in mind I've only had a round or two with one in the bag - the undertaker has a tick more high speed turn and a bit more fade, and less glide. I can definitely hit the pipeline a little flatter and it stays straighter through the entire flight. Maybe that's where the slightly smaller rim and larger diameter of the pipeline makes a difference. The pipeline feels more like a true fairway driver, where the undertaker feels like a slower control driver. For reference I throw these discs in the 350' range, stretching out to 380' top end.

I've heard that in PL plastic they do lose a bit of HSS after the initial wear in, but I've grabbed a couple of SP and Sig PL to see how those wear (slower hopefully) It feels like the pipeline fits in my lineup a little better between the predator and mantis.

Last edited by VictorB; 07-02-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 101
Niced 149 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I've heard that in PL plastic they do lose a bit of HSS after the initial wear in, but I've grabbed a couple of SP and Sig PL to see how those wear (slower hopefully)

The one new Sig line Pipeline I tested was a little less stable out of the box. Pretty easy to get to hold a turn.

The SP's, in my opinion, fly quite a bit like a brand new Champ TL in terms of stability...only a notch or two faster.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
The one new Sig line Pipeline I tested was a little less stable out of the box. Pretty easy to get to hold a turn.

The SP's, in my opinion, fly quite a bit like a brand new Champ TL in terms of stability...only a notch or two faster.
I always thought a Z undertaker flew a lot like a Champ TL. Hopefully I'll get my order of pipelines in today so I can have a few days to play with them before making a decision as to which I'll move forward with. I feel like undertakers are very versatile but also maybe a bit more speed sensitive.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,624 Posts

I probably said this earlier in the thread, but I'll post here in reply to the previous few posts: my Proline Pipeline flew between a (fresh) premium plastic Teebird and a TL/FD/Leopard3/River range disc. A fresh Champion TL is a decent comparison, but the Pipeline (fresh and new) finished with a bit more of a fade. It's a good disc, but kind of 'caught up' between all those other great speed-7-'ish' molds...
Old 07-04-2019, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Every once in a while, you get to pick up and throw a disc on a whim that is immediately "your disc".

The pipeline is that for me. The feel of the throw with them, getting great flight without having to feel like I need to smash it. Working lines out to distances I'm not used to. Throwing accurate hyzer flips out to 360' with what feels like minimal effort.

I'll probably expand my predator lineup for better complimentary flights, but for anything that doesn't need a hard left finish, I'm going to be pulling out a pipeline.

Even better, once I get one beat in, I can definitely see myself dropping the mantis from the lineup. Then I'll be condensed to 3 driver molds which sounds awesome to me

Last edited by VictorB; 07-04-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 101
Niced 149 Times in 77 Posts

Brandon, keeps us posted on your progress. I'll be interested to hear how the new signature proline flies for you. It's a little more flexier than a regular pipeline.

By the way...if you can find yourself a JB Signature Edition Pipeline, snag one. They're the bee's knees.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,207 Times in 563 Posts

Anyone compare these to an Eagle L?