Old 07-29-2019, 06:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 976 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Insane that she started to play in late 2017, and still manage to outplay Paige and Cat on a few holes. My guess is that she will have a sponsor very soon. .
For sure, she seems very sponsor friendly. Her form on the tee looked very powerful, yet her distance seemed to be lacking on quite a few shots.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 976 Times in 575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
A friend of mine Bob Roberts was out there all day today getting interviews with players. Some of the Ohio/Kentucky tourney guys on here will probably know him. Was a pretty good adv/pro masters player till his hips went out on him a couple years ago.

First one he posted is with Conrad who gives a brief explanation for the beard removal. A bit different kind of interview than you will normally see. He figured that most of them give the classic post round interviews all the time and decided to ask each of them 5 "fun facts" about themselves.

I'll probably post a couple others key vids but if any of you are interested in seeing the rest as they come out, here's the link to his channel...(so far this is the first DG content he has done)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPB...DfSQFwi-KdPG-Q

Here's the one with young Zach…

This is the kind of stuff we need to see before and or during the live events. We're all into the technical side of the sport without really learning a bit more about the players themselves. I'm not saying we need to dive into their personal lives, but I wish we could learn more about the history of our elite players. Lifetime stats, favorite courses, favorite moments, etc, etc. Thx for sharing these vids. Good stuff.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-29-2019, 06:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
For sure, she seems very sponsor friendly. Her form on the tee looked very powerful, yet her distance seemed to be lacking on quite a few shots.
I don´t know if she lacks distance or just played smart. .. i feel like Idlewild for the FPO is about playing smart and avoid big mistakes. . .Paige won at +13!

It would be fun to see the score Paige can make at this course if she ONLY throws her throwing putters and stayed away from Drivers.
The distance is not the problem on most holes, it´s staying in the fairway...and avoid those big numbers

Niced: (1)
Old 07-29-2019, 08:38 AM

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 42 Times in 10 Posts

Saw Zach play at Junior Worlds. That kid can play and fling. The future looks bright with this young talented kids coming up.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,349 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
**** ugh. Sorry, I meant to put that one in a spoiler tag cause of the title and since nobody else had mentioned who won yet...
Who cares...if you don't want the tournament spoiled don't look at the thread. We are here to talk about the tournament and the winner is part of that discussion. This whole whining about spoilers is getting old.

Congrats to KJ...he's looking like a real contender going into Worlds this year.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,983 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I've been asking for this kind of stuff..for years..now. And for some reason, there is little to none of it. The worst thing is when commentators know nothing about a player on the live card. Dixon knowing nothing about Heather was crazy. They have 24 hours before the next round, seems long enough to get some "stat cheat sheets" together on hand during the show instead of asking people in the chat group for info.

You're appealing to people's egos by mentioning their name for a buck or 2. I think it was a new low for live disc golf commentary and the DGPT. Both Dixon and Robert work for DD, I wonder if Jeremy Rusco would allow this to go on at GBO?

Seriously...you've been in the business for a long time now...do you really think... "Hey man, Joe just donated 2.00 for tacos, thanks for the support man." jokingly or not, is good for the sport in general? Hey..I'm all for you guys making money but "I am willing to sacrifice what some see as the professionalism of the broadcast for the cold hard cash." is a bit concerning. If you're looking for ways to monetize the live viewers then I would suggest raffling off a basket (or something worthwhile) just for the super chat donations, where every donation of a dollar or more gets you an entry ticket. I would also only publicly recognize on the live broadcast donations of $50.00 or more. You would probably get the same amount overall without having to mention so many people. I definitely think there are better ways to get that "cold hard cash" without sacrificing the professionalism of the broadcast.

I get it...as a sport we're dealing with the short term realities and long term possibilities.
Yes, I completely get that we are appealing to people's base instinct for recognition. And I am conflicted in a few avenues.
1. Sponsors pay REAL money for actual ad reads and commercials and we are giving them out at a discount when we do this.
2. We work on less than a shoestring budget, so if we can make an extra $1500 thru the weekend, is it worth it in the short term?
3. Younger viewers are used to this type of recognition these days. It is extremely popular with streaming, which is the reason Superchat was created in the first place. So do we sacrifice what we have come to know in standard professional sports for a more modern system popular with streamers? Honestly not sure what the right answer is.

As far as other assets or pieces in the broadcast, I would LOVE to have time to throw that stuff together. If I were completely in charge of the broadcast, I would probably approach it a bit differently than we currently are. I would like to cut the actual commercial breaks down by about a third, and add additional "lower third" commercials in place. Make the actual breaks more valuable. I honestly think that the manufacturers are starting to get worn out on sponsoring media in general.

PS. I agree with Streets, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't come in the tournament thread. Keep posting those vids.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:19 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,576 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Who cares...if you don't want the tournament spoiled don't look at the thread. We are here to talk about the tournament and the winner is part of that discussion. This whole whining about spoilers is getting old.
I'm honestly baffled by the "spoiler" thing. I mean I used to pop in to these threads to quickly find out who won. Now there is all this tiptoeing around talking about who won; it makes no sense to me. Want to wait to know who won until you watched a video? Don't read the thread about the tournament until after you have watched it.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

I´m one of the people that write in the tread as the round is beeing played, and i have never got any sh*t for that yet.

If a tournament is live, you have to be able to talk about it in that tournaments tread. . thats not even a question, the question is "what are you doing in this tread if you don´t want to know whats happening in the tournament?"

Old 07-29-2019, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,368 Times in 2,305 Posts

Quote:

but if any of you are interested in seeing the rest as they come out, here's the link to his channel...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPB...DfSQFwi-KdPG-Q

Marwede, Trevor Harbolt, Castro and Zach Johnson vids are up...

Old 07-29-2019, 02:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,349 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I'm honestly baffled by the "spoiler" thing. I mean I used to pop in to these threads to quickly find out who won. Now there is all this tiptoeing around talking about who won; it makes no sense to me. Want to wait to know who won until you watched a video? Don't read the thread about the tournament until after you have watched it.
Yeah...I guess some snowflakes want the rest of the world to pause for them while they quarantine themselves until they've watched the tournament.

Oh and spoilerflakes:

Congrats to Kevin Jones for taking down the win!!!