#31  
Old 10-09-2019, 01:06 PM
Hyzer Ale's Avatar
Hyzer Ale Hyzer Ale is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 894
Niced 113 Times in 70 Posts
Default

I am guessing that Colorado will get a large event in the next few years. Discmania has been working on things up in the Fort Collins area and I am sure that they will want their own premier event close to their headquarters once it is ready.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:15 PM
dwayne.hoffman's Avatar
dwayne.hoffman dwayne.hoffman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Miami, FL
Posts: 145
Niced 59 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Initial thoughts:

USWDGC being moved to May really stinks. That does not do any favors for the Ams. However, great location admittedly.

BSF and PO may lose out due to Worlds. 19 days from Worlds to EO.

GLO gets potentially screwed with the four day turnaround from EO - I can't help but think that's a punishment for last year (irrational I know).

Idlewild and Ledgestone back to back? Ouch.

No Florida stops (cue sad face).

Scheduling is hard.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM
TheOtherBill's Avatar
TheOtherBill TheOtherBill is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 137
Posts: 1,100
Niced 249 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Nothing in DFW either. I guess the Nick Hyde/Hyzerbomb guys don't feel like the extras needed to attain DGPT or NT/Major status was worth it. Pretty sure it was just an A-tier last year and the course was redesigned in such ways that the pros didn't much care for it either. Hopefully Eagle and a few other names make it again.
Tyler is pretty far to drive from most of Dallas and all of Ft Worth.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,982
Niced 1,731 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Nothing in DFW either. I guess the Nick Hyde/Hyzerbomb guys don't feel like the extras needed to attain DGPT or NT/Major status was worth it. Pretty sure it was just an A-tier last year and the course was redesigned in such ways that the pros didn't much care for it either. Hopefully Eagle and a few other names make it again.
Tyler is pretty far to drive from most of Dallas and all of Ft Worth.
I am having a harder and harder time imagining how anyone would think hosting a pro tour or NT would be worth it. I really don't see any upside in it for anyone but the players and potentially the disc manufacturing sponsor.....if even that.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:39 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,124
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I am having a harder and harder time imagining how anyone would think hosting a pro tour or NT would be worth it. I really don't see any upside in it for anyone but the players and potentially the disc manufacturing sponsor.....if even that.
I think it makes sense for local disc shops(like The Nati who do Idlewild) to run big events. Promoting disc golf in your area can only help your business.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:40 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 36.6
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,982
Niced 1,731 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I think it makes sense for local disc shops(like The Nati who do Idlewild) to run big events. Promoting disc golf in your area can only help your business.
Hope they have the army of volunteers needed to do it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:46 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,124
Niced 4,370 Times in 2,306 Posts
Default

Cincy has a pretty healthy disc golf scene. They could use a few more volunteers I'm sure but the locals do a pretty good job, especially with the course work.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-10-2019, 02:57 AM
Glide Glide is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 349
Niced 150 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Why do you feel that the USWDGC moving from September to May is worse for amateurs? I don't see it as better or worse. I think it would be better if the event was held in the summer to increase the likelihood of students being able to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne.hoffman View Post
Initial thoughts:

USWDGC being moved to May really stinks. That does not do any favors for the Ams. However, great location admittedly.

BSF and PO may lose out due to Worlds. 19 days from Worlds to EO.

GLO gets potentially screwed with the four day turnaround from EO - I can't help but think that's a punishment for last year (irrational I know).

Idlewild and Ledgestone back to back? Ouch.

No Florida stops (cue sad face).

Scheduling is hard.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Geneva Geneva is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Switzerland
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 67
Niced 33 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
Sad for Beaver State. Happy for Idlewild. Think Great Lakes got what they deserved. No Konopiste next year either? Four months between Worlds and USDGC is good.
Konopiste will host the European Disc Golf Championships next year (19th to 22nd of August).
Then, I guess they will run the Konopiste Open again in 2021 or 2022.

It looks like there will only be 3 majors next year. Hopefully, there will be 4 from 2021 or 2022.
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Ryan P.'s Avatar
Ryan P. Ryan P. is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Asheboro, NC
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 56
Posts: 1,693
Niced 53 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I certainly hope that Music City Open course is revamped. I liked parts of the course, but hated other parts of it. It was basically a "who can throw the furthest" course on an old ball golf course. It's cool to see the pros throw as far as they can, but I don't want to watch it for an entire round.

I'm pumped nonetheless.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020 Majors Lazerface General Disc Golf Chat 93 Yesterday 10:11 PM
2020 events Gmtata01 Tournaments & Leagues 12 10-03-2019 12:12 PM
DGPT: Host a Pro Tour House Party: Win a DGPT Zuca Cart! DGPT General Disc Golf Chat 2 09-07-2016 01:15 PM
Where to find pro tournament schedules Brodie General Disc Golf Chat 8 04-22-2016 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.