Old 10-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 34 Times in 22 Posts

..... Hold up. The Suspect is OOP now!? Damnit, every disc I end up liking gets discontinued, always my luck it seems. I've got a Lucid (my main) and a Fuzion that has a custom spin dye on it. Deep down I kinda had a feeling this might happen which is why I've always got a *star Gator at the ready (always can find a Gator in stores). My Lucid Suspect is so money for forehand shots. I'm gonna have to be more careful with it from now on.

*edit: Just wanted to say this is 1 of the 2 non-innova discs I bag besides a Discraft Comet. Has to be special to find a place in my bag
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 PM

Niced 20 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Saw this pic. today. . .so Paige chose a OOP disc as her 5X dics ?

Oh please be true. I LOVE my lucid suspect and always wondered if the Lucid X could give me a little more stability for when the wind picks up here in the Midwest USA.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ormal View Post
..... Hold up. The Suspect is OOP now!? Damnit, every disc I end up liking gets discontinued, always my luck it seems. I've got a Lucid (my main) and a Fuzion that has a custom spin dye on it. Deep down I kinda had a feeling this might happen which is why I've always got a *star Gator at the ready (always can find a Gator in stores). My Lucid Suspect is so money for forehand shots. I'm gonna have to be more careful with it from now on.

*edit: Just wanted to say this is 1 of the 2 non-innova discs I bag besides a Discraft Comet. Has to be special to find a place in my bag
I feel the same way. My suspect is my go-to forehand short approach disc given the lovely low profile. I prefer the deeper Envy/ Proxy combo for backhands but all I need for forehands on a lot of courses is a couple Eagles and a Suspect.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,511 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTiger13 View Post
Oh please be true. I LOVE my lucid suspect and always wondered if the Lucid X could give me a little more stability for when the wind picks up here in the Midwest USA.
It΄s tru, webshops here in Sweden will start to sell these on the 24th
Old 10-19-2019, 10:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 185 Times in 99 Posts

I tend to believe that the Suspect really got hurt by how fast the DD / Lat / Westside lineup was growing in that time period.

I feel like it came out, made a splash, and was immediately swept away by hype for newer molds. Also didn't help that the Harp hit the big time with the Ricky connection, causing people to really look the other way.

Honestly, I grabbed up some lucid suspects shortly after they were released to field test and it was a damn good mold. Only reason they didn't stick with me was because I already threw Zones and had no real intention of switching, I just wanted to try em out. Those same suspects I grabbed are still in my buddy's bag to this day.

Hopefully Paige can keep suspects in the production pool for limited opto-X releases at the very least for you Suspect loyalists.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
I tend to believe that the Suspect really got hurt by how fast the DD / Lat / Westside lineup was growing in that time period.

I feel like it came out, made a splash, and was immediately swept away by hype for newer molds. Also didn't help that the Harp hit the big time with the Ricky connection, causing people to really look the other way.

Honestly, I grabbed up some lucid suspects shortly after they were released to field test and it was a damn good mold. Only reason they didn't stick with me was because I already threw Zones and had no real intention of switching, I just wanted to try em out. Those same suspects I grabbed are still in my buddy's bag to this day.

Hopefully Paige can keep suspects in the production pool for limited opto-X releases at the very least for you Suspect loyalists.
Agreed about Paige keeping it in the production pool at least a little bit. I also think the type of disc it is limits its ability to sell well. It's really only an approach disc. I'm never going to putt with it even in windy conditions because it feels too much like a driver and I don't often lose one because I'm only throwing it on shorter approach shots only.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 177
Niced 121 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Agreed about Paige keeping it in the production pool at least a little bit. I also think the type of disc it is limits its ability to sell well. It's really only an approach disc. I'm never going to putt with it even in windy conditions because it feels too much like a driver and I don't often lose one because I'm only throwing it on shorter approach shots only.
I disagree with this statement about it only being useful in one situation.

As with any disc, it is up to the skill set of thrower in question how it can be used. For me, I admit it took a long time to find its role, but once it did, it is one of the most valuable discs in my line-up.

It is great for low line-drive drives where maybe I do not need anything more than putter distance. At power, it is stable without being overstable, so it would make shots where I see others throwing Buzzzes or Rocs. It has a slimmer profile than my Lucid Verdicts (which it pairs well with), so it comes out of the hand cleaner when powering up. Its straight flight makes it feel sneaky-long because it is not wasting time with lateral movement. And it powers down well without becoming stupid-overstable.

In the end, aside for some extra distance, for me it accomplishes everything that an EMac Truth can - and an Emach Truth is essentially a seasoned Verdict. So, my line-up is anchored around the Suspect -> Fuse, Suspect, Verdict, Justice.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-21-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I disagree with this statement about it only being useful in one situation.

As with any disc, it is up to the skill set of thrower in question how it can be used. For me, I admit it took a long time to find its role, but once it did, it is one of the most valuable discs in my line-up.

It is great for low line-drive drives where maybe I do not need anything more than putter distance. At power, it is stable without being overstable, so it would make shots where I see others throwing Buzzzes or Rocs. It has a slimmer profile than my Lucid Verdicts (which it pairs well with), so it comes out of the hand cleaner when powering up. Its straight flight makes it feel sneaky-long because it is not wasting time with lateral movement. And it powers down well without becoming stupid-overstable.

In the end, aside for some extra distance, for me it accomplishes everything that an EMac Truth can - and an Emach Truth is essentially a seasoned Verdict. So, my line-up is anchored around the Suspect -> Fuse, Suspect, Verdict, Justice.
I stand corrected in your case. I prefer the beaded Roc profile for my backhands so my shorter drives are taken up already. If more people utilized the Suspect in their everyday midrange lineup like you do, we wouldn't have to worry about suspects going on the out of production list...
Old 10-21-2019, 12:46 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
I stand corrected in your case. I prefer the beaded Roc profile for my backhands so my shorter drives are taken up already. If more people utilized the Suspect in their everyday midrange lineup like you do, we wouldn't have to worry about suspects going on the out of production list...
I meant to put the "deeper Roc profile" not beaded.

Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 308 Times in 176 Posts

Anyone throw these Lucid-X Suspects? Are they any more overstable than a regular Lucid?