Never tried it. 133 32.76%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2019, 08:34 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Niced 135 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishbiscuits View Post
The F2s aren’t the same nose configuration as the “Factory Store” Glow Gators. I figured I’d add that just in case... you likely knew that already, though...
I did not realize this so thanks!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-22-2019, 05:14 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Never tried it but Looks like this is interesting to try
Old 09-24-2019, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 311 Times in 165 Posts

Has anyone tried any of the recent KC Pro Gators? Super domey like the previous runs?

Right now carrying the factory store Glow Gator for primary super overstable approach duties and a Jawbreaker Zone when I really need it to hit & stick.

But I always prefer to stick to one mold if possible. KC Pro Gator might be a good bet if I can find a reasonably flat one.

Old 11-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 75 Posts

Anyone else putt with these discs in a windy condition? I last went out using a champ gator I got in a players pack which felt awesome, putted great with.

I didnt expect it to sit as great as it did if I happened to miss a basket.

Why do I love throwing mid range discs for putters I will never know, but they get me......and I get them. Haha
Old 11-17-2019, 01:37 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
Anyone else putt with these discs in a windy condition? I last went out using a champ gator I got in a players pack which felt awesome, putted great with.

I didnt expect it to sit as great as it did if I happened to miss a basket.

Why do I love throwing mid range discs for putters I will never know, but they get me......and I get them. Haha
Brother and I started playing in mid 2004.
My brother did the same for years and from 2005 on beat in a FAF DX Gator to fly straight as his main putter with a longer approach and windy day non beat in standard DX Gator as his other. He used these disc because he needed a putter that would work for his slam putting style, he had used a Classic Aviar and a Magnet before finding that the DX Gator was what he needed. This was until I got the putter closest to a Gator the Stud in DX back in 2017 for Christmas as he was needing a new putter and wanted the same thing as a Gator but slower in the putter category, speed 3 or slower. The Stud is better as my brother can use that disc right from the shelf as his putting putter, only needing the slight break in to catch better. My brother still has a near flat top MF Gator and a small dome G-Star Gator (I got him both, one for Christmas one for Birthday) for longer approach shots and driving putter needs as well as the G-Star for very windy days, he does not like the Stud for driving putter slot for reasons I forget.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-17-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:21 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 108 Times in 75 Posts

The thing for me is I like a rim that is thicker and the depth to be smaller. The bullfrog feels awesome but it is a rolling machine. This is why I stick to the only DD plastic I own except for Escapes......Suspect and Justice.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
The thing for me is I like a rim that is thicker and the depth to be smaller. The bullfrog feels awesome but it is a rolling machine. This is why I stick to the only DD plastic I own except for Escapes......Suspect and Justice.
The Colt in G-Star might be worth a try as is the plastic is more flex to it but that might be then a bounce machine. They to sell in the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop a G-Star Gator, with the low glide of the Gator mold the combo might work for a putter/approach disc. I am having a hard time finding a low profile putter in other non bouncy, wait! the APX and Focus both lower profile versions of the Wizard/Magic in Jawbreaker and soft X.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The Colt in G-Star might be worth a try as is the plastic is more flex to it but that might be then a bounce machine.
GStar is actually known for the opposite. The plastic absorbs the hit and doesn't spring back to launch itself like Champion or Star would. Think of it like trying to bounce a water balloon and a ping pong ball. The water balloon will absorb the impact whereas the ping pong ball will transfer the energy back and spring off.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
GStar is actually known for the opposite. The plastic absorbs the hit and doesn't spring back to launch itself like Champion or Star would. Think of it like trying to bounce a water balloon and a ping pong ball. The water balloon will absorb the impact whereas the ping pong ball will transfer the energy back and spring off.
I have seen G-Star putters bounce but that was more like a single bounce and then a flop right after the initial bounce. G-Star does bonce more then say DX but still not as much as Star or some in XT, XT or old DX can bounce bad due to how stiff the plastic is. I have seen this when my brother would on the rare occasion miss and hit the basket with his Stiff DX FAF Gator that was used as a putter, almost like the Stiff plastic would deflect off the hit object and go in another direction 90 degrees.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have seen G-Star putters bounce but that was more like a single bounce and then a flop right after the initial bounce. G-Star does bonce more then say DX but still not as much as Star or some in XT, XT or old DX can bounce bad due to how stiff the plastic is. I have seen this when my brother would on the rare occasion miss and hit the basket with his Stiff DX FAF Gator that was used as a putter, almost like the Stiff plastic would deflect off the hit object and go in another direction 90 degrees.
Well, then what plastic doesn't bounce? Each type of plastic has their own pros and cons. For example, stiff plastics roll. As a GStar thrower, I've personally never experienced any excessive "bounce." My fiancee throws a GStar Colt and I've never seen it bounce any more or any less than any other plastic.

But the point was Innova markets GStar as not being prone to bouncing. My experience is consistent with what the video shows. https://youtu.be/_IOhzpoai2k?t=110