Old 06-19-2019, 02:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,978 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xare View Post
If this was a tournament round, you would have been forced to move on after 2 minutes. That and it shouldn't be that hard to find discs in the fairway. Why would you keep throwing it if it wasn't always hitting the fairway?
good thing i dont play tourniez but thank you for the rule update i would have hated to have to look that up in my pdga handbook

because i lost my champion groove so that was the only disc i had to throw
Sponsored Links

Niced: (4)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
8 weeks ago I bought an x-wasp off ebay to see if it's still a great plastic/mold combo like it was ten years ago when in production or it's my wasp-colored memory talking . .. . . . . yup, still great. Slowly getting less fade and will obviously start finishing a little right over the next several months . .. sigh. Not like DX/KC stuff (anyone remember how great the KC used to be . . . .sigh) that blasts through the straight spot to flippy/useless in the blink of an eye.

Can't stop throwing it . . . . would be cycling in the next one about now if they were available still . . . .

Maybe I'll try to x-buzzz again -- I had no luck years ago trying to ween off x-wasps but I'm guessing that the bead/no-bead thing. I've thrown various beadless mids since those days with varying degrees of success -- I was real hopeful on the cheap plastic M4's but they just don't have enough initial stability.

I've had zero success with any of the new manufacturers' roc/plastic combos although with the number of choices out there I'm sure I've missed several so perhaps I'll wade back in that water. (Please don't suggest beating in a Z-wasp . . . . that's boring since it takes a bajillion years. And the flippy champ rocs are no fun since you don't really get to know the disc before it's fading on you . .. .one grumpy old man's opinion.)
Your findings on beat dx rocs are interesting to me. I love beat dx rocs, one of mine looks like it went through a wood chipper. Finishes right for sure but it's extremely useful for me up to about 325'.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,978 Times in 1,138 Posts

brought 3 discs with me today plaz volt red z wasp and beat plaz ion

played 4 new courses and on one hole it was 170ft rhfh type hole moderately wooded with wind so either rhbh plaz ion on forced turn over or easy rhfh z wasp

fired the wasp up and cleanly lofted it up there and let the disc do the work and smashed chains and it stuck

ace #7 with the red wasp

started writing on the front cuz i ran out of room on the back

Old 06-29-2019, 11:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
brought 3 discs with me today plaz volt red z wasp and beat plaz ion

played 4 new courses and on one hole it was 170ft rhfh type hole moderately wooded with wind so either rhbh plaz ion on forced turn over or easy rhfh z wasp

fired the wasp up and cleanly lofted it up there and let the disc do the work and smashed chains and it stuck

ace #7 with the red wasp

started writing on the front cuz i ran out of room on the back
I never write the ace on the disc or I would have given a single disc away with an ace tag on it. I had that one written down but I lost the paper it was on as well as my dad's Ace at a course the hole is going to disappear by 2025 as well as a few others.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 12
Niced 960 Times in 526 Posts

Picked up a Cryztal Wasp in a used bin. Plastic is a bit more flexy than regular Z. What's the verdict on these?

Niced: (1)
Old 06-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 24
Niced 709 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Picked up a Cryztal Wasp in a used bin. Plastic is a bit more flexy than regular Z. What's the verdict on these?
Mine was Straight money. Been about a decade since I’ve thrown one. Yours may be that old. Not a lot of crystal Z wasps made over the years.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,144 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Mine was Straight money. Been about a decade since I’ve thrown one. Yours may be that old. Not a lot of crystal Z wasps made over the years.
I was just thinking that I don't think I've even seen a cryztal wasp.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 796 Times in 554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I'm not a Wasp thrower these days.. I just stopped in to nice Elmex$$ Still have a little love for em though. I had one of those, max weight kinda beefy. If past history has taught me anything it's that I have given away anything that might be valuable and I have only collected crap haha. The stuff I thought wasn't worth having are the discs I wish I had back in my stash. HAHaha crap..

That almost auto corrected to "Elmer"

Old 06-30-2019, 02:08 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
How about ever seeing the Old Double Z with circle thing stamp discs from late 2000's that were so stiff and glossy that even an hour in a hot car could not fix the disc? The Wasp was probably too stiff if tested from that run before I let the disc sit in the car, but is still as glossy as it was when new even after using the disc about as much as I would in a normal year.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,144 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
How about ever seeing the Old Double Z with circle thing stamp discs from late 2000's that were so stiff and glossy that even an hour in a hot car could not fix the disc? The Wasp was probably too stiff if tested from that run before I let the disc sit in the car, but is still as glossy as it was when new even after using the disc about as much as I would in a normal year.
What are you talking about?

Z is not the same as cryztal

Niced: (2)