Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 257 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky Yutz View Post
.... what would you do????
Exactly what you did, and if nobody came looking for it I'd turn it in to the local police department.

My girlfriend was pretty upset at losing her checkbook a few years back. It had all her credit cards, checks, work badge and ID. When we got home, it was in our mailbox. There are still good people out there.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2019, 06:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 7
Niced 109 Times in 59 Posts

If people really want to they can debate the technical meaning of words like "theft" and "abandoned," and parse out exactly what The Rules are or should be. But the important thing is that it's good to be nice to people. It's good to do things that make people happy. It's also good to not impose on other people, and to show gratitude when other people do good things for us. The world's a better place when we treat others as well or better than we would like to be treated, even—maybe especially—if it costs us something or is unappreciated.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:43 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 451 Times in 168 Posts

“If he really wanted to keep that 10-year buzzz he shouldn’t have left his car unlocked”
-discgolfcraig, while walking away with a new 10-year buzzz from someone’s car.

“If he didn’t want someone to eat his lunch, shouldn’t have left it in the fridge”
-discgolfcraig, through a mouthful of someone else’s sammich.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post

copious amounts of trash, F*&king slobs! (which I pick up because I carry a small garbage bag)

Nice. I carry cigs to the nearest trash can, but if I ever get a cart, I'll hang a mini trash can off it.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 326
Niced 250 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
“If he really wanted to keep that 10-year buzzz he shouldn’t have left his car unlocked”
-discgolfcraig, while walking away with a new 10-year buzzz from someone’s car.

“If he didn’t want someone to eat his lunch, shouldn’t have left it in the fridge”
-discgolfcraig, through a mouthful of someone else’s sammich.
Yes. Let’s smash in the windows and take everything. Because that and spending exorbitant amount of time attempting to returning cheap plastic is comparable. Ahhh. Logic.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 451 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscGolfCraig View Post
Yes. Let’s smash in the windows and take everything. Because that and spending exorbitant amount of time attempting to returning cheap plastic is comparable. Ahhh. Logic.
Nobody said anything about exorbitant time. You’re as bad at reading comprehension as you are at being a considerate human being. I said put the disc in whatever spot is the local “found disc” spot and shoot a text to the number on the disc. That’s it. You got all “wHaT iF I dOn’T kNoW hOw To TxT” and “I only throw crappy DX plastic so I don’t understand why someone would want a disc back”.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.7
Courses Played: 95
Niced 979 Times in 375 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Nobody said anything about exorbitant time. You’re as bad at reading comprehension as you are at being a considerate human being. I said put the disc in whatever spot is the local “found disc” spot and shoot a text to the number on the disc. That’s it. You got all “wHaT iF I dOn’T kNoW hOw To TxT” and “I only throw crappy DX plastic so I don’t understand why someone would want a disc back”.
Sometimes you can just tell when someone don't know what they're talking about.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 326
Niced 250 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Ah, resorted to insults. I see we’re at that level now. I’ll write slower so you can understand what I’m saying.

Nobody should ever be that upset or demanding over a piece of plastic. You should know there’s a good chance you won’t see your disc again once you abandon your search. You can’t control if others will contact you. Would it be nice if every disc were returned? Sure. Realistic? No.

I’ve had people be more difficult trying to return a disc to them and it would have been easier to have just done nothing. Nothing like trying to determine what trash can in a park you’ve never been to before is the one the person is asking you to leave a disc. Or if you don’t mind driving 45 minutes away to return their disc. Of the dozens of numbers I’ve texted over the years, I think I’ve only had one or two who texted afterward to say they picked it up where I left it. The point being of the recipient isn’t going to put forth much, if any effort, to get their lost disc, why should the finder?

But, yes, I wouldn’t want to live such a miserable life that I make determinations about others’ worth in life over the time and effort they make concerning a $12 item.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,611 Times in 713 Posts

I love how these threads implode!

Niced: (3)

Old 08-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,063 Times in 685 Posts

Can we stop with these threads? No one ever agrees and it gets hostile in like 5 posts.