Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 27
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know what plastic that is, nor what year it would be from. But that patent# is for an Innova Eagle..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 167
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hey, guys, I've got a buddy that lost his disc with no stamp. It was a clear green plastic driver that had raised letters inside the lip for grip purposes. The only other disc I've seen like this is my Buzz, but thats obviously a mid/putter. If anyone knows what this disc is, please let me know, thanks.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evak View Post
Hey, guys, I've got a buddy that lost his disc with no stamp. It was a clear green plastic driver that had raised letters inside the lip for grip purposes. The only other disc I've seen like this is my Buzz, but thats obviously a mid/putter. If anyone knows what this disc is, please let me know, thanks.
You just described about 10,000 discs.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 209
Niced 316 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
I don't know what plastic that is, nor what year it would be from. But that patent# is for an Innova Eagle..
Um, no. That is a patent for a beveled edge disc design that is now expired. Every disc golf disc made had to have that patent written somewhere on it until the patent expired.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 209
Niced 316 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Oh View Post
I have asked around and have not been able to id this thing. It looks and flies like a Discraft Xpress but there is no stamp. The inside has two markings. One is molded into the plastic and says "LICENSED UNDER U.S. PATENT NO.4568297" and the other says the same thing, but is printed in ink like a computer stamp. It has quite a bit of tooling marks, zipper top, so I am wondering if it is a prototype of some sort. Any ideas?
Do you have an Xpress to compare it to? Discraft usually has their tooling marks inside the rim like that. A profile picture of the rim would be helpful.

I have some old Discraft discs with the old Discraft logo where the stamp has completely worn off. It didn't take much, since they just had a small Discraft stamp up top and a small stamp with the name of the disc at the bottom. A lot of Discraft Z plastic used to come out with that zipper top finish.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 AM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
You just described about 10,000 discs.
With the raised lettering inside the lip? For grip purposes? Which ones?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

No lettering on the rim is for grip. It may be used by some for that, but it was not intended for that. It's called tooling. It sounds like a Discraft disc however, because Innova does not put the tooling on the rim. I actually can't think of another manufacturer that puts the tooling in the rim.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks, I'll look into some of the Discraft stuff. I'll also research the tooling. I appreciate the help.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a few of these San Marino Q Sentinels.
No www tooling.
Are these CE?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,588 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benn View Post
I have a few of these San Marino Q Sentinels.
No www tooling.
Are these CE?
I say no. They came out too late to be CE. People jump all over me for that and call them a "CE blend" or "CE type" and say there HAS to be some CE mix to them. I don't know; I don't work at Innova and don't know what they put in them. All I know is they came out too late to be called CE.

Here is the thing: it doesn't matter. They are awesome. You don't have to come up with a half-baked CE claim because you can just say "Sanny Sentinel." Adding CE to that will not make it worth one more cent than just being a Sanny Sentinel already does. It is already a disc that you can't sell to somebody who just fell off the apple cart. It's Millennium, not Innova. It doesn't have a Champion Edition stamp. Dumb guy throwing around money isn’t going to know what it is and isn’t going to buy it. You already have to wait for somebody who knows what it is, and when you get the guy who knows what it is you will get the same price, CE or no CE. That guy already knows they are awesome.

Unless they are light, of course. If they are light, you are screwed. Sanny Sentinels are throwers, not collectors. Weight matters.
Closed Thread