Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 116
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameismatt View Post
Not to scare yah, but a full powered tree hit will probably kill a DX Teebird happened to me whole edge was so sloped and warped it was ridiculous. My advice is to save your money ones and use something else for the woods.
Or don't hit trees
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Never again will I buy a DX plastic driver. Hit one tree within 100' of the tee pad and the thing is done.

My Champion Teebird is the beez-neez.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestonkuke21 View Post
Never again will I buy a DX plastic driver. Hit one tree within 100' of the tee pad and the thing is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameismatt View Post
Not to scare yah, but a full powered tree hit will probably kill a DX Teebird...

please to be sending me all of your 'dead' DX TBs.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 46.4
Courses Played: 8
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

IMO many older Inova molds that were designed for DX perform best in DX. When I threw Tee Birds and Vikings I liked them best in DX.

I still like Leopards in Champ though.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 81
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

I have an old DX TeeBird that is beat to crap but somehow still has it's HSS. I always throw it in the bag if it's going to be raining or wet. I've hit many a tree and rock with it and it has some permanent warps and many chuncks have been removed by rocks but whenever I throw it I always get the "what was that?" because it goes so straight and far. It also flies on an anny farther than any disc I've ever owned. I just carry a little sandpaper in my bag so when a rock takes out a chunk of plastic I just remove it with my pocket knife and sand until smooth.

I recently acquired a stack of old cyclones (I'm not sure what the plastic is but it's similar to DX) and I'm liking them even more than my DX TeeBirds. They seem a little more resistant to rock cuts.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 17
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have had two DX teebirds. One ended up in the drink and the other is in my bag and flies pretty well.

I prefer tougher plastics, though. My champ and stars have held up awesomely.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh man, this disc was probably my most favorite driver i ever threw for about 2 weeks. It started off overstableish and beat in to being straight with no turn and very tiny fade. then without much warning it started turning over A LOT. If i didn't use it for about 2 rounds every day on most holes it wouldn't have beat in so quick. But wow, this disc has tons of glide. i think i might actually try cycline them this year.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 59
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would consider getting dx fairway drivers, but I wouldn't throw them on any hole with considerable amount of trees or rocks or anything like that that can really beat them up bad. I would throw premium disc on holes like that.
And for the high speed stuff I don't think i would even consider any of them in the low end plastic unless you play wide open grassy course like most of the ones i play now
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 52 Times in 22 Posts

The thing with beat DX Teebirds is that if you turn them over just a bit too much they'll turn hard. They aren't very forgiving in this way and really punish unintentional OAT. They'll take a ton of clean power thrown from a hyzer flip, though.

My guess is that the people who are having trouble with durability are actually fighting something else but don't know it. This is why I don't normally recommend Teebirds to developing players. Discs like the Gazelle, Cyclone and Eagle have a lot more gradual turn characteristics and it makes diagnosing problems a lot easier and punishes you a lot less for them.

Once you really see the benefits of beat discs you'll probably find yourself reaching for low end plastic discs when there's a chance for damage to help beat them in a bit faster. Once you get a couple back ups of the beat versions then you're throwing each of your discs 1/2-1/4 as much and they all last a lot longer.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Uh nope. Usually I listen to the advice of the more experienced but this time you're all wrong.

My DX was so warped the wing was actually curling almost underneath the disc. I'd like to see any of you throw that thing 100' it was about as flight-worthy as a phone book.