Old 02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default 1st Annual 21 Hole Salute - Charlotte, NC - 6/23 - 6/24

2 Day, C-Tier at RL Smith. June 23, 24

The time has come to show off RL Smith in PDGA form.

The event will feature 3 rounds of 21 holes. 2 rounds on Saturday, 1 round on Sunday + divisional finals for specific divisions.

The field is limited to 84 players (4 per hole, this is non-negotiable), so once registrations opens in April, I recommend signing up. 20+ spots are being held for open divisions, so move fast!

check out http://www.discgolfu...fm/tourn_id/333 for updates (as well as this forum).

We will put 3 temporary holes up for the tournament. Current plans are to use the field and it's elevation. If we can't use the field, there is room in the woods for 3 more holes for the tournament without major work.

Flyer will be up within a couple weeks or so and will be continuously updated as sponsorship increases.

TDs:
Kevin Burgess (me)
Fred Lampman (someone else)

(Note: If the tournament fills, I am not using the waiting list for dgu, as it has an associated cost. If you are interested in being on a waiting list, you will need to email me your name, pdga # and contact info. I will keep an updated waiting list on these forums)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

Here is a bump for the event. Registration opens tonight at midnight.

As we all know, AM1 for worlds filled and filled quick. As this is the course that is played twice, I anticipate this tournament to fill pretty quickly too. Our goal is to make this one of the most enjoyable tournaments of the year, so I hope we succeed.

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-g...m/tourn_id/333

dgu has the flyer up, along with...

http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.com...84&#entry60984

you can contact me directly, or post here or on the charlotte forum to ask any questions. We look forward to showing off RL Smith for the first time in pdga play!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

QUESTION ON CDGC:

Offering age-protected divisions? If so, are there X spots per division (like Clash/CAC) or is it first 60 come/first 60 served, minimum of three entrants to form a division?

RESPONSE:

First come first serve. Minimum of 3 entrants to form a division. Please let me know if you need to sign up for a division not currently offered.

The waiting list will be important, so please get on it if you don't sign up in time. The 24 spots held for pro players will not last until the event. Sometime late May, this requirement will be dropped and the waiting list will fill with ams and not pros.

PROS, PLEASE READ THAT LAST PARAGRAPH!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

Bumpity Bump Bump!

3 people signed up so far and more to come. Potential added cash and primary sponsor on the way. I'll keep everyone in the loop.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

ALSO NOTE:

May 26th will be THE LAST DAY of holding spots for pro's. This will most likely be a $300 added pro purse. This will be an extremely popular event for amateur's, so if you are not an amateur, I advise to sign up early as well.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

The ball is ROLLING! We are starting to have a lot of outside interest. This tournament will be bigger than your typical C-tier for both Ams and Pros. Get signed up now and even more prizes and cash will come through the door than already has!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

11 signups so far! Thanks all for getting this done early!

I'm surprised no open player's yet, almost guaranteed a $200 added cash to the pro purse, while it is more likely that will be higher!! I guess if only a couple pro's play then, it's more for them!

A lot of donations are coming in. REI is donating a lot, but it's not finalized the amount. I do know that the value is already in the hundreds.

Come out and play to get some world's experience. I lot of out of towners are playing, so it's gonna be fun to show off this sweet course.

(I'll probably bump this thread again tomorrow or tuesday... sorry if it's overkill )

ya know... i don't have to be the only one posting in this

Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts

Alpine Ski Center is now a title sponsor! Thanks Alpine!

So as of now we have $300 added cash to the pro purse! Bunches of merchandise! Tons of great ideas and great support.

Come and play, it is gonna be more like a B-tier. We want this to be one tournament you don't forget!