Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Can someone tell me what a zipper top is and what its significance is? I hear people talking about them every now and then; something about a sound from running your thumbnail along the top of the disc or something?
Looks like a record on top. Circular grooving. Makes a funny noise if you scrape it with your fingernail.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2016, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 354 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titovanburen View Post
The new Star Destroyers have a zipper top... so I assume Innova is using a brand new top mold. Did you all notice this, and what do you all think of it?
How new are we talking? Haven't noticed it yet.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 209
Niced 316 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titovanburen View Post
The new Star Destroyers have a zipper top... so I assume Innova is using a brand new top mold. Did you all notice this, and what do you all think of it?
Zipper top indeed. My older ones don't have it. Neat.

What do I think of it? Not much. I like these Destroyers I will buy more.

Also I noticed that some [not all] of the new ones have the same foil for the entire stamp, not two different foils for top and bottom. I'm a huge fan of that. I never liked the change to the two color stamp.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Anyone else throwing the Brinsters?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Yep I bag one! It reminds me of the old patent numbers F2 I threw until it got too flippy. Right now it's just straight to fade but I know it will pick up some extra glide as it wears in without losing the HSS for very dependable distance. That's what I loved about that old Destroyer.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:41 PM
* Ace Member *

I threw one but seemed pretty over stable. I guess I should have tossed it a few more times.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 44
Niced 666 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I threw one but seemed pretty over stable. I guess I should have tossed it a few more times.
Yeah it's currently in my "overstable" Destroyer slot. It currently goes like 350 for me and then fades pretty hard. I can get it further on a flex line, but I'm not throwing it for big distance right now; more headwinds and longer hyzers. If it's anything like my older one it'll stay very dependable with no turn for a very long time, but develop more glide and a softer, more forward fade.

Eventually I just found myself reaching for that old one on most distance drives because even though it wasn't my longest driver, it was just so dependable (and usually within 30 feet of my longer drivers). After being bagged for a couple years it finally started developing significant turn. At that point, I put it up against some of my Scorpiuses and it fly almost exactly the same lines but was consistently shorter, so the Scorpius kicked it out of the bag.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Could anyone show me a picture of a destroyer with a low PLH? I want to throw nothing but destroyers as my main driver and I'm looking for an understable one.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontRimBanger View Post
Could anyone show me a picture of a destroyer with a low PLH? I want to throw nothing but destroyers as my main driver and I'm looking for an understable one.
Not an exact answer to your question but if you are looking for flippy destroyers look for low PLH pros (super easy to see, the wing is barely higher then bottom of the rim) and current run echo stars (the ones with the picture on the stamp)

Old 05-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 317
Niced 231 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbmercil View Post
Not an exact answer to your question but if you are looking for flippy destroyers look for low PLH pros (super easy to see, the wing is barely higher then bottom of the rim) and current run echo stars (the ones with the picture on the stamp)
This and I've found that Pro's from recent tourneys and club orders that are a bit softer plastic start less OS and develop turn even more quickly that the stocks.