Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:20 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,338
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildy13 View Post
Kristin is 29, and I know has at least 1 child at home.

Kona is 23 and tours full time with her fiancι.

Winning does not matter as much as exposure.
Sure but Kona has som pressure on her now. . .if you have one of the biggest contract in FPO and gets destroyed week after week by players not payed a 0,1 that does not look good in the long run..

But sure Anna Kournikova was the highest paid tennis player but did not win much
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Ahildy13 Ahildy13 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 298
Niced 289 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If social media presence was the key- - Simon wold hade a bigger contract than Ricky
And you can guarantee he will if he ever wants to leave Discmania. Remember these things go both ways. Simon can choose to play for free if he wants to.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:24 PM
Hyzer Ale's Avatar
Hyzer Ale Hyzer Ale is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Nor Cal
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,018
Niced 236 Times in 122 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
If social media presence was the key- - Simon wold hade a bigger contract than Ricky
I don't think that anyone knows how much Simon is making. I am assuming that he is pretty well compensated and if Discmania can grow as they plan he will have better security with them than a new sponsor. I wouldn't be suprised if he had an ownership share.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:27 PM
foxdawg10 foxdawg10 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 567
Niced 412 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildy13 View Post
Kristin is 29, and I know has at least 1 child at home.

Kona is 23 and tours full time with her fiancι.

Winning does not matter as much as exposure.

Both you points seem irrelevant. I don't see the connection.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Ahildy13 Ahildy13 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 298
Niced 289 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Sure but Kona has som pressure on her now. . .if you have one of the biggest contract in FPO and gets destroyed week after week by players not payed a 0,1 that does not look good in the long run..

But sure Anna Kournikova was the highest paid tennis player but did not win much
Paige had some awful showings this year too, but I don't think anyone batted an eye. In fact, fans gave her another 75K to make a documentary that as far as I know is dead in the water...

Also, fandom is weird, in that people choose a team/player to be a fan of, and regardless of performance will continue to choose that player.

Brodie's deal comes to mind; since he get's paid entirely based on his social media following, since his play is dog ****.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:29 PM
foxdawg10 foxdawg10 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 567
Niced 412 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
People love Kona. This is meant more as a statement of her value and not anything disparaging about her, but she gets a lot of credit for doing things that every pro does - like changing her putt or doing field work.

I just hope DD shows some love to Valerie and Macie V and give them a chance to build their brand into something more. Because I think we may see them in the mix just as much as Kona, maybe more.
Huh? Are you actually saying she deserves more money because she changed her putt or did field work? Maybe I misunderstood, that sounds like a participation trophy.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:29 PM
Ahildy13 Ahildy13 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 298
Niced 289 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdawg10 View Post
Both you points seem irrelevant. I don't see the connection.
That younger players who don't have families at home, are by definition more available for tournaments, media, vlogs, podcasts, etc. than an older player who has a family who she probably likes to be with; are more valuable to a company?

Then we have nothing more to talk about, because you don't understand marketing.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:32 PM
foxdawg10 foxdawg10 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 567
Niced 412 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildy13 View Post
That younger players who don't have families at home, are by definition more available for tournaments, media, vlogs, podcasts, etc. than an older player who has a family who she probably likes to be with; are more valuable to a company?

Then we have nothing more to talk about, because you don't understand marketing.
You sound like a homer. Kristin was here for only part of the season and created more buzz than any other FPO player. Kona was nowhere to be seen. I'm happy that Kona is getting married, but that shouldn't translate into $$.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:34 PM
TheOtherBill's Avatar
TheOtherBill TheOtherBill is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 153
Posts: 1,645
Niced 805 Times in 360 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahildy13 View Post
That younger players who don't have families at home, are by definition more available for tournaments, media, vlogs, podcasts, etc. than an older player who has a family who she probably likes to be with; are more valuable to a company?

Then we have nothing more to talk about, because you don't understand marketing.
This matters too:

Estonian population - 1.331 million (2020)

US pop - 329.5 million (2020)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 01-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Ahildy13 Ahildy13 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 298
Niced 289 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdawg10 View Post
You sound like a homer. Kristin was here for only part of the season and created more buzz than any other FPO player. Kona was nowhere to be seen. I'm happy that Kona is getting married, but that shouldn't translate into $$.
Nope, just a man with an internet connection and an instagram account who follows all parties involved...

Did you read what I said? And all you took from it is that she's getting married? Maybe take a look at how you view women if that's all you got.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
InMyBag: Disc Golf Social Media Platform aclinton General Disc Golf Chat 64 11-20-2015 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.