Old 01-21-2022, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,063 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post

I picked up the first run of Hokoms and they are flippier than a Relay. The second run that came out last month is better, but still super finicky in the wind. I don't feel like I can trust it at all. It doesn't fit the slot my beloved PP Craves did.
Let me know if you want to sell any.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2022, 10:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 27
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

Well dang. I haven't picked up a crave since the early runs and this thread is the first I've heard that new ones don't fly the same. I fell in love with the crave way back when it was one of only a few discs axiom made, last one I picked up was from the same time as the first run inspire, and I was looking at getting a new one soon as I've worked in or lost all my backups besides a watermelon crave. In my opinion the crave should fly like a gstar tl3. Laser straight with a baby fade

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 178 Times in 95 Posts

Plasma Entropies in the bag today. Have been on the Stabilizer as my putter for a good while, but tried the newcomers at White Oak. No lateral movement at all although they seem to want a little more arc. Worth investigating. A little longer on flick upshots than the Winter Circuit Electron which will continue to hold that slot for now. Super intuitive where the Plasmas are skippier (not a word) at present. Really excited overall.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurous penguin View Post
Well dang. I haven't picked up a crave since the early runs and this thread is the first I've heard that new ones don't fly the same. I fell in love with the crave way back when it was one of only a few discs axiom made, last one I picked up was from the same time as the first run inspire, and I was looking at getting a new one soon as I've worked in or lost all my backups besides a watermelon crave. In my opinion the crave should fly like a gstar tl3. Laser straight with a baby fade
Yep, that's exactly how the Crave should fly. Now they definitely have turn and are more susceptible to the wind.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,813 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
Yep, that's exactly how the Crave should fly. Now they definitely have turn and are more susceptible to the wind.

My Craves are all newer. Cosmic neutron and kind of flattish. They fly pretty true to the numbers. I do play at altitude though so not sure if that factors in. Haven’t tried any Craves that were older or in any other plastics.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 334 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
My Craves are all newer. Cosmic neutron and kind of flattish. They fly pretty true to the numbers. I do play at altitude though so not sure if that factors in. Haven’t tried any Craves that were older or in any other plastics.
PP Craves didn't fly like the numbers. They were more like 7/5/0/1.5. When MVP added the flight numbers, they retooled the mold. The did it because they bought all new machines to start making all their molds in house and the old molds weren't compatible with the new machines. Unfortunately, something was lost in translation and the new molds are just not even the same disc. They're fine for what they are, but I play in a pretty windy area and had gotten used to the HSS with minimal fade as my most reliable disc in pretty much any condition. I can't trust the new ones in the wind. They're too squirrely. They're good for a tailwind, or in calm conditions, or if I want a turnover shot, but they are no longer the workhorse they used to be. I'm now just using a Wrath for all of those shots, or dropping down to an Envy or Hex.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 132 Times in 91 Posts

I may have messed up....some years ago, I decided I needed to find different putters than the Envy and Proxy. I've tried dozens of other putters from a variety of brands and I just can't make any of them fly right...not sure why didn't just stick with the Envy, it's pretty great

Old 01-27-2022, 09:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,387 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
I may have messed up....some years ago, I decided I needed to find different putters than the Envy and Proxy. I've tried dozens of other putters from a variety of brands and I just can't make any of them fly right...not sure why didn't just stick with the Envy, it's pretty great
So envy is back in ?

I haven't thrown the new craves but the old ones had nice beef

Old 01-27-2022, 09:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 132 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
So envy is back in ?

I haven't thrown the new craves but the old ones had nice beef
I'm thinking about unloading all of my putters I have stacked up and buying a bunch of Envys and Proxys..... So yes

Old 01-27-2022, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,387 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1discChallenge View Post
I'm thinking about unloading all of my putters I have stacked up and buying a bunch of Envys and Proxys..... So yes
Go hardcore envy... get a few premium and a couple soft electrons!!!!

Haha it's amazing what a 165 soft will do... but it's not real envy like.