Old 10-03-2020, 03:50 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,162 Times in 966 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have a feeling the company is not going to make a Disc Golf Bag but rather disc golf clothing, something we do not need more of as some Golf Clothing that is lower end or a brand that is used by some Disc companies like Nike or Adidas. The Disc golf clothing is mostly shirts I have are all cheap like a standard T-shirt but I got them from tournaments or the one year the club had a shirt for sale, most are starting to wear out/get too thin. I did win at 2007 Discraft Ace race a hat and Disc Golf bag but the hat died in 2017 getting worn out, and the Worn out Discraft Tournament single strap bag is now used for spare discs of molds and plastic I use that became hard to find, excluding a mold, the Stalker in Z pre flight numbers as the new stamp for Z with flight numbers has same feel to the plastic as most of the Z I have. I thought the Stalker was going oop in 2018 like the Z XL did when I needed a new Z XL in 2016, forcing me to use a tad less OS mold not a good Teebird flight of Z XL but a disc that flies like an Eagle X with the most common dome from 2000's to have the right flight everyone wants now.
Sorry for the drift but my point was I think this company is going to be making more Disc Golf Clothing, Something we don't need unless they can make some great disc golf shorts and pants made for the durability and yet for the strength as those are missing. The tech shirts collared or not, can be made durable for disc golf demands by using right materials or made cheap enough that they work for the price. What is missing is the pants that can withstand the motion and the durability/ For now we have to use mountain hiking/trail biking non padded loose shorts or trail running sport style pants and all of styles those do not stand as well for the specific rubbing the clothes get from in the drives with clothing and the snagging on trees in tight woods situations and traditional golf wear tends to be too nice or not last long for the demands of disc golf.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 830 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I have a feeling the company is not going to make a Disc Golf Bag but rather disc golf clothing
I agree. I think the title of this thread was to fool us into answering the questionnaire. You hit the screw on the side of the head again.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Par Member

Niced 153 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
I agree. I think the title of this thread was to fool us into answering the questionnaire. You hit the screw on the side of the head again.
You both are implying that either I have been duped or that I am being dishonest. If you are familiar with the in depth data gathering and review process I use for disc golf bags and discs you will know that I am fairly thorough in all things I get involved with.

I'm sorry if you feel you wasted your time, but please don't doubt my integrity or ability to vet a source. I think if you vetted me you would not make such claims.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 179
Niced 1,062 Times in 460 Posts

Not sure why you need to know my age, race, sex, name, email, zip. Im not trying to open a bank account here.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-03-2020, 01:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Niced 352 Times in 218 Posts

IMO the questionaire is badly designed in several parts. Apart from all the non-bag related stuff, already criticized, it also, for example, asks how many discs my current bag can carry but does not ask how many discs I actually do carry in it. My own bag can hold 18 or so, but I only carry 7. The rest is filled with jacket, food, and stuff. There's a nonpopulated niche for bags to carry few discs but much auxilliary stuff. Furthermore, the agree/disagree sections were unwiseley designed as well. Seldom I was able to put my opinion down adequately. At least one could skip any question, that's good.

I much doubt that the outcome of the questionaire will be of much help.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 830 Times in 400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
You both are implying that either I have been duped or that I am being dishonest. If you are familiar with the in depth data gathering and review process I use for disc golf bags and discs you will know that I am fairly thorough in all things I get involved with.

I'm sorry if you feel you wasted your time, but please don't doubt my integrity or ability to vet a source. I think if you vetted me you would not make such claims.
(I was goofing on Casey)

Niced: (1)
Old 10-03-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post

Nah I don't feel you have been duped, but that rather the company makes only one bag in the modern backpack style and only ever one bag even in future. Then the single bag that is a cheep exact knockoff of an already existing brands bag that will fit the requirements that is made in China same country as to where the original companies bag is made. The rest of brand is for clothing, way too much clothing with more styles then what we consumers need with the only extra tall trucker caps mesh back or not for the caps that looks like a Elmer Fudd hat on most players heads unless they have an extra extra tall forehead, the style that became popular 2018-2019 only second to the hats with stiff brims stuck flat and will not bend to fit forehead better due to how they are sewn to the hat.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
IMO the questionaire is badly designed in several parts. Apart from all the non-bag related stuff, already criticized, it also, for example, asks how many discs my current bag can carry but does not ask how many discs I actually do carry in it. My own bag can hold 18 or so, but I only carry 7. The rest is filled with jacket, food, and stuff. There's a nonpopulated niche for bags to carry few discs but much auxilliary stuff. Furthermore, the agree/disagree sections were unwiseley designed as well. Seldom I was able to put my opinion down adequately. At least one could skip any question, that's good.

I much doubt that the outcome of the questionaire will be of much help.
I agree, the Athlatico Powershot bag I have holds ~20-21 in main compartment with ~5-6 in a higher spot inside the bag I currently have though the disc bag only holds 17-18 in the bottom currently due to the metal Vertex angler backpack seat I have on the bag and to hold the dumb designed open flap that does not zip fully off I have to waste one of the spots for the putter pocket that is inside the bag for the open flap. when I could have the zipper top flap tucked into a side pocket or the lower pocket flap.

The bottom on mine is just a single layer of the 1000 denier nylon used for rest of bag so I had to add some Flex Seal to the bottom to beef it up even though the inside has a thin stiffer block style foam and ripstop nylon covered pad to protect the bottom, I felt this was not enough.

the Velcro middle divider can't come out sewn to the back and tucking it away in back is not a great Idea as the rough side is the side not on the middle divider but to where discs would get sanded down. I know I could use the soft side part from those stick on Velcro rolls to fix this to the rough Velcro but I just with a safety pin crimped shut attached the Velcro divider together as the Divider is 1/16th inch too short for my bag and reading on Amazon most bags as well.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 10-03-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Not sure why you need to know my age, race, sex, name, email, zip. Im not trying to open a bank account here.
I get Name, Email, address for the Sending of gift card. The rest seems not needed but has to be there to receive the card.

Oh well