#1  
Old 03-27-2017, 10:29 PM
steveo69's Avatar
steveo69 steveo69 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: IL
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 901
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Disc golf stores

Driving from south Florida to northern Illinois. I would like to stop at a disc golf store not a dicks or pias a real store with a real selection of sweet sweet plastic!
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,875
Niced 590 Times in 313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo69 View Post
Driving from south Florida to northern Illinois. I would like to stop at a disc golf store not a dicks or pias a real store with a real selection of sweet sweet plastic!
Soooooo Clearwater right in Florida???

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2017, 10:51 PM
nohr nohr is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Courses Played: 95
Posts: 331
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Titan disc golf in Cedar Rapids Iowa or iron lion in Illinois moline.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2017, 10:55 PM
steveo69's Avatar
steveo69 steveo69 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: IL
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 901
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Soooooo Clearwater right in Florida???
Someone had told me they went out of business. Well I guess that's my stop thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:19 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,288
Niced 2,264 Times in 1,664 Posts
Default

Disc Golf Center is just north of Orlando.

DiscStalker is in Lawrenceville, GA, just northeast of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 PM
SonicGuy's Avatar
SonicGuy SonicGuy is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,875
Niced 590 Times in 313 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo69 View Post
Someone had told me they went out of business. Well I guess that's my stop thanks!
Apparently it's called sun coast discs now.

Make sure you play Cliff Stevens as you pass through.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:29 PM
pjhayes7 pjhayes7 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Marietta, Ga
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,637
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts
Default

By the way, although I have not been to many disc golf stores, the best and biggest selection actually was a PIAS. There are not really others in the area, so they get all the business and therefore have a huge selection. Bigger even than every dedicated disc golf store I have been to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Baked's Avatar
Baked Baked is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Georgia
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 647
Niced 321 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Disc Golf Center is just north of Orlando.

DiscStalker is in Lawrenceville, GA, just northeast of Atlanta.
I was at DiscStalker about a month ago and it seemed like he hadn't restocked in forever. Really crappy selection compared to what he used to have, and no more Trilogy, Gateway, Prodigy, MVP etc. He basically just had a lot of dusty old Innova and Discraft, and some beat to hell used discs. He did have stacks of freshly stamped DGWT discs that were getting shipped off to Europe and were not for sale. That seems to be his main focus now. I also noticed DiscStalker banners marking the OB at that Waco TX tourney that Big Jerm won recently. Cool to see him expanding into the pro tourney arena but it's a loss for this area that really lacks good brick & mortar DG stores.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:45 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,288
Niced 2,264 Times in 1,664 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked View Post
I was at DiscStalker about a month ago and it seemed like he hadn't restocked in forever. Really crappy selection compared to what he used to have, and no more Trilogy, Gateway, Prodigy, MVP etc. He basically just had a lot of dusty old Innova and Discraft, and some beat to hell used discs. He did have stacks of freshly stamped DGWT discs that were getting shipped off to Europe and were not for sale. That seems to be his main focus now. I also noticed DiscStalker banners marking the OB at that Waco TX tourney that Big Jerm won recently. Cool to see him expanding into the pro tourney arena but it's a loss for this area that really lacks good brick & mortar DG stores.
I saw the banners at Waco and also at the McMorial, and I told the DiscStalker people that they got some really prominent viewings on the Youtube videos. As to inventory, I know it turns over, and they get in new Innova and Discraft stuff (and sell it). They don't carry much Trilogy anymore, and a limited amount of MVP/Axiom. So yeah, probably a big PIAS like the one in Kennesaw, Ga. (northwest of ATL on I-75) would have more overall selection.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Baked's Avatar
Baked Baked is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Georgia
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 647
Niced 321 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I saw the banners at Waco and also at the McMorial, and I told the DiscStalker people that they got some really prominent viewings on the Youtube videos. As to inventory, I know it turns over, and they get in new Innova and Discraft stuff (and sell it). They don't carry much Trilogy anymore, and a limited amount of MVP/Axiom. So yeah, probably a big PIAS like the one in Kennesaw, Ga. (northwest of ATL on I-75) would have more overall selection.
Weird, their inventory sucked when I was there and I was the only customer on a Saturday afternoon.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Disc Golf stores Puckstopper Discs 7 04-28-2013 10:54 PM
disc golf stores in harrisburg, pa brian j General Disc Golf Chat 0 03-20-2013 01:01 PM
Disc golf stores jesusfreak General Disc Golf Chat 15 08-20-2012 03:50 AM
disc golf stores chrisf.10 General Disc Golf Chat 1 06-22-2011 02:28 AM
Disc Golf Stores aceaddiction10 Discs 8 06-09-2011 09:39 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.