Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

I don't like that Will is trying to get money for something that we debate and discuss here on a daily basis for free... There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it? seems ridiculous to me. Seems desperate.. Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2018, 05:41 AM

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscologyGus View Post
There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it?

Quote:
Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.
That's the point, isn't it? His form is amazing and he's a great teacher. Coupled with high quality production, it looks like a winning combination.

The best videos out there are cell phone videos, often with bad audio and/or shot in bad lighting, made by amateurs. If nothing else, the overlays, multiple angles etc help get Will's point across much more quickly and clearly. Whether this particular instance of such a video is worth 9$ is another matter, but you can't say that the market is saturated on this front.

By the way, I think the video that's out now is too basic for my needs, but the one thing I won't complain about is the length. It's better to be clear and concise than to drone on for 10 minutes while saying not much at all about the actual subject of the video. I hate that the Wadsworth Constant is a thing.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2018, 11:04 AM
Par Member

Niced 87 Times in 60 Posts

With TONS of free great advise from many, many different pro disc golfers. I can't imagine my self paying for this. Might be worth it to someone else but there is too much out there for free. I can't imagine what he could tell me for a fee, that Feldburg, Climo, Mcbeth or Wysocki haven't told me with the videos I've watched of them giving advise on form. to each there own

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2018, 11:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,272 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
I don't like that Will is trying to get money for something that we debate and discuss here on a daily basis for free... There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it? seems ridiculous to me. Seems desperate.. Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.
Why so much hate for someone working to make the sport better? You think that Feldberg tells everything in his free clinics? No, he charges for private lessons, as he SHOULD!.
Cam Tood has a video out that isnt free, so does Climo/Feldburg.

High quality videos have to have a profit motive or they will never be made.

Me, I am happy that Will is doing this.

Niced: (3)
Old 01-22-2018, 02:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 220 Times in 108 Posts

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/...enge-memorial/ Just saw this. Kinda sad. You'd think it would've been a good opportunity to promote his new video series.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 98
Niced 47 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Then don't give him any of your money and move on with your life?

Old 01-22-2018, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.1
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,943 Times in 1,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/...enge-memorial/ Just saw this. Kinda sad. You'd think it would've been a good opportunity to promote his new video series.
If he's still too hurt to play competitively, how would he go about promoting his business venture at these events? Just showing up and hanging out probably won't generate the business to pay for his travel expenses. It's not as though the am sides of these tournaments are ripe with new players who are in need of instruction. Even if they were, he could probably reach more of them with a $100 ad in the player program/caddy book than spending hundreds to be there himself.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 220 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
If he's still too hurt to play competitively, how would he go about promoting his business venture at these events? Just showing up and hanging out probably won't generate the business to pay for his travel expenses. It's not as though the am sides of these tournaments are ripe with new players who are in need of instruction. Even if they were, he could probably reach more of them with a $100 ad in the player program/caddy book than spending hundreds to be there himself.
Fair point. I mean, he wasn't injured enough to stop him from filming those clinics. That and I'm sure a lot of people would've love to opportunity to talk to him about his new venture and interview him. Not that they can't down the road, but since he just launched, it would be better timing.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:10 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Why so much hate for someone working to make the sport better? You think that Feldberg tells everything in his free clinics? No, he charges for private lessons, as he SHOULD!.
Cam Tood has a video out that isnt free, so does Climo/Feldburg.

High quality videos have to have a profit motive or they will never be made.

Me, I am happy that Will is doing this.

Whoa easy there pal, no hate here... And if people are looking for instruction and want to pay for it be my guest. I mean it's only what $8? I'm not some Will S hater.. in fact I have watched his youtube videos extensively and learned much from him. I owe him one. I can respect his work with Prodigy and trying to promote his brand. That's what disc golfers have to do to make a living. But this... I don't like it, and who cares what I think.. no one. SO i'll not give him my money and carry on with my sad internet existence

Old 01-23-2018, 08:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,859 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Why so much hate for someone working to make the sport better?

Criticism != hate