#31  
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscologyGus View Post
Is there any word on Hyzerbomb-gate? Did Matt Siri ever apologize for his customer service gaffe? It was all over the feedback page and DG thrower exchange...
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not necessarily Mr. Current affairs these days. What exactly did Matt Siri get himself into?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Gmtata01 Gmtata01 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jackson, TN
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 668
Niced 94 Times in 80 Posts
Default DG

I couldn’t find it again looks like it was deleted. Basically hyzerbomb didn’t ship a disc in a timely manner and customer asked for a refund and said it was ridiculous that they didn’t state there would be a delay in shipping like other online stores do. But hyzerbomb then “fired” the customer for saying the word ridiculous. Pretty much sums it up.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Audible Vibration's Avatar
Audible Vibration Audible Vibration is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 288
Niced 142 Times in 86 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmtata01 View Post
I couldn’t find it again looks like it was deleted. Basically hyzerbomb didn’t ship a disc in a timely manner and customer asked for a refund and said it was ridiculous that they didn’t state there would be a delay in shipping like other online stores do. But hyzerbomb then “fired” the customer for saying the word ridiculous. Pretty much sums it up.
Haha, I saw that last night too, and it does look like it was deleted. Customer didn’t even ask for a refund. Dude asked if it would be here by Friday and the owner says “I don’t know I don’t run the post office” and then offered the refund. When the customer accepted the refund offer, the owner told him he was banned from future purchases on his site, and he wasn’t the first customer that he’s fired. Then the thread blew up to like 800 comments before it got shut down.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:03 AM
hurricaine hurricaine is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 229
Niced 167 Times in 73 Posts
Default

sometimes i miss having a facebook
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:18 AM
dehaas dehaas is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Swansea, IL
Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,051
Niced 217 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Back when the 1.3 mortars came out they had a glitch with the shipping calculator on their site. They were pretty up front about it and if I recall refunds were issued pretty promptly for what people were over charged.

I had ordered a couple blue recons and blue front line xs, which arrived as teal. I hit them up on Facebook before I threw them, just wanting to verify that my order was correct and what I received was “blue”. I was told the colors available were communicated by Innova so he could have the color options loaded to the site and ready for sale quickly and all the blues they received were teal. No big deal, the color is kinda cool, I just didn’t wanna toss them if I was going to send them back for the correct color.

My interaction was handled well I feel. Kinda stinks if somebody else got the banhammer dropped on them though.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 PM
DiscologyGus's Avatar
DiscologyGus DiscologyGus is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: DENVER
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 150
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Pardon my ignorance but I'm not necessarily Mr. Current affairs these days. What exactly did Matt Siri get himself into?

A customer posted a private message between himself and who we can only assume was Matt Siri. The Customer asked why his disc hadn't shipped after a few days... Siri replied that he was "out of town and didn't have cell reception" and that he could "send it out asap, or issue a refund" ... Customer then asked if it would be "delivered by Friday because he had a tournament he needed the disc for"... Siri said, "I don't know I don't control the post office" ... Then the customer said, "I'll take my refund." Siri then said he would issue a refund and that the customer was "fired" from future purchases on the Hyzerbomb website.

There were a lot of people saying they'll never buy from Hyzerbomb again.. Just wondering if Siri was having a bad day? Did he apologize? Should this customer have handled the issue in private and not drag a man and his company through the mud on FB? I thought Matt Siri was a very well respected guy in the DG community but people are not happy with him ATM...

Interesting stuff.. The DG community is very small and tight knit. He and his image/company could actually be in trouble.. remember Salient? Yeah.. me neither.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 725 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscologyGus View Post
A customer posted a private message between himself and who we can only assume was Matt Siri. The Customer asked why his disc hadn't shipped after a few days... Siri replied that he was "out of town and didn't have cell reception" and that he could "send it out asap, or issue a refund" ... Customer then asked if it would be "delivered by Friday because he had a tournament he needed the disc for"... Siri said, "I don't know I don't control the post office" ... Then the customer said, "I'll take my refund." Siri then said he would issue a refund and that the customer was "fired" from future purchases on the Hyzerbomb website.

There were a lot of people saying they'll never buy from Hyzerbomb again.. Just wondering if Siri was having a bad day? Did he apologize? Should this customer have handled the issue in private and not drag a man and his company through the mud on FB? I thought Matt Siri was a very well respected guy in the DG community but people are not happy with him ATM...

Interesting stuff.. The DG community is very small and tight knit. He and his image/company could actually be in trouble.. remember Salient? Yeah.. me neither.
Whoa! I mean, we all have bad days but this is poor professionalism plain and simple. IDK if that customer should have blasted him but he did so itll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-09-2018, 12:02 PM
robdeforge robdeforge is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 411
Niced 182 Times in 95 Posts
Default



i grabbed and sent along that screenshot to some friends when i scrolled past the thread on FB
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:58 PM
kyle_vapes24's Avatar
kyle_vapes24 kyle_vapes24 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 26
Niced 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Siri apologized, he was having a bad week due to personal life reasons.. he is sending that guy a box of stuff to make up for his unprofessional attitude during their exchange.. people make mistakes and he is owning this one

Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 PM
DiscologyGus's Avatar
DiscologyGus DiscologyGus is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: DENVER
Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 150
Niced 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_vapes24 View Post
Siri apologized, he was having a bad week due to personal life reasons.. he is sending that guy a box of stuff to make up for his unprofessional attitude during their exchange.. people make mistakes and he is owning this one
That's good to hear. I've only heard good things about Siri and I'm sure there were other things involved to make him react the way that he did.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyzerbomb Marksman Myke566 Discs 20 04-30-2019 01:22 AM
Some Changes for HyzerBomb HyzerUniBomber General Disc Golf Chat 5 11-03-2014 01:24 PM
HyzerBomb line of discs KidClutch Discs 144 02-20-2014 02:58 PM
Anybody have a Hyzerbomb Atomic? steinkecm The Marketplace 3 09-15-2013 01:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.