Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,270 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscDraft View Post
I actually throw the mold a lot and have been for a few years, but not in the specific plastic.

Pro Destroyers bomb!

I finally found a stack that has good dome and decent PLH. These things have me hyzer-flipping forehand, throwing huge (for me) backhand turnovers and generally effortless distance. Lots of people throw star destroyers, and if you do, do yourself a favor and try them out in pro plastic.

I used to only really use star destroyers for big any forehands and backhand skip shots. This plastic allows me to use them backhand without trying too hard or ruining my form trying to throw anhyzer-flex everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Funny, my newest disc is a found Pro Destroyer. I agree on the glide. I compared to other similar flying understable discs (it's NOT comparable to a star Destroyer) and it goes. I'm liking it and bagging it as my understable distance driver.

I actually found two Pro Destroyers that day, one with a name... I now understand why the guy was soo excited when I called&returned it to him.
I like Pro Destroyers, preferably in the lower 160s, also. It's still relatively overstable for my noodle arm, but it flies very well for me into headwinds. I'm also starting to prefer good Pro plastic, even over Star..

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:07 PM
Par Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer93 View Post
I earlier said FD but one other disc that has also helped my FH game (and BH, too) was the glow C-line PD2. Those just BOMB. Out of the box they are straight but have serious glide for those that have enough power. Now I'm trying to track down enough of them to stash away for years to come...lol
Are they grippy? All the glow I've tried from Innova are super slick.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 576 Times in 312 Posts

Mine would have to be my plasma crave. Such a useful, go to, fairway driver.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 87 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodsteezy View Post
Are they grippy? All the glow I've tried from Innova are super slick.
No, feels like typical c-line plastic to me.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 106 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnleyroad View Post
DGA Tremor. Deliciously understable without the full burnout cut roll. If you can't throw control sidearms, this thing is the answer. It's almost magical.
My favorite US mid. Magical, indeed.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 37 Times in 22 Posts

Discraft Sting. Such effortlessly controllable hyzerflips and turnovers. It's what I always wanted a Leopard to be.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 629 Times in 382 Posts

I had said the Berg before, but I've been loving the Zombee lately too. Zombee is helping me hit big hyzer flips in the woods where the Stalker is too stable. Fits my arm speed really well for BH's.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:53 AM
Par Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

The flow has been a great addition to my bag. I had it sitting around for a few years without ever throwing it then decided to give it another spin. It is a fantastic forehand disc. Good glide and fairly stable. If i'm in the woods and need a long forehand this is the disc. It has a super comfortable rim as well, 11 speed and deep. Perfect for me. I'll also throw it backhand for a long anny line that will fade out eventually.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts

This season I wanted to give DGA a fair shot. So, I picked up a hand full of various molds including the Tremor, Banzai, Pipeline, Torrent, Riptide, and Quake. A couple of these stand out and I intend to try some of their other stuff...

First off, the Quake is money! For a significantly overstable mid this disc has a bunch of glide. I now have the Quake in both SP/ Proline and alternate them both in my bag. No more foolin with Zones or Gators.

Seconds and Third. I used the Pipeline and Banzai side by side. For anyone who has not tried these molds out; they are missing out. The Banzai immediately kicked out my Eagles Xs and the Pipeline easily replaces my ESP Undertakers. Plus I think they are made from the same mold so they feel similar