Niced 209 Times in 135 Posts

That is fantastic
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2018, 02:48 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 55 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noill Golf View Post
Oh yeah, word has it that the winner might get a pumpkin medal under his name until next Okthrowberfest! It's a possibility. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that, because it is a late idea.
I like pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin pie and big huge pumpkins with a creepy lady standing in it. Not sure what a pumpkin medal under your name is but it sounds cool.

Noill hey man I just want to say thanks for all of your hard work, coordinating this, collecting prizes and putting this thing together. Even with the low participation you are keeping it alive! Its such a great contest I enjoy dying discs almost as much as I enjoy throwing them. Keep up the great work. Job well done!

Thanks everyone who donated and participated this year. Hopefully we can get this thing back to 40+ entries again some day. My dyes have come a long way I was just looking at my 1st entries in 2015 cool dyes but just dip dyes with a couple of colors. I have learned a lot of cool stuff from the great dyers here on DGCR I would have never even attempted the painting dye method if it wasn't for Eky8 and his tutorial he did a few years back. So thanks Eky8.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Yeah, thanks so much Noill for putting this on. Some of the best dyes I have ever seen on this site.
twistedmangled, are you gonna tell is how you did that skin? Great work and congrats sir.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 330
Niced 2,396 Times in 1,179 Posts

Quote:
Oh yeah, word has it that the winner might get a pumpkin medal under his name until next Okthrowberfest! It's a possibility. Let me know if you have any thoughts on that, because it is a late idea.
I like it!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 571
Niced 23 Times in 6 Posts

Thank you Noill for running everything. Great job keeping Octhrowberfest alive(undead?) after Bennett had to step away a few years ago.
I haven’t done much dying lately but this contest gave me the motivation to unpack everything and get dying. I will have to start earlier and enter two discs next year, I already have some ideas. All I know about dying has come from the fantastic group on DGCR sharing their techniques.
The special icon is a good idea. It might increase turnout and get more people vying for the coveted pumpkin crown. Also congats to twistedmangled, that is one sick dye.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscarmana View Post
Yeah, thanks so much Noill for putting this on. Some of the best dyes I have ever seen on this site.
twistedmangled, are you gonna tell is how you did that skin? Great work and congrats sir.
Hey thanks man. Sure I can share how I did the skin it was super tedious. I used a CAD program to draw the skin. I drew a small rectangle roughly the size of the areas where I was going to put the skin. I then filled the rectangle with rows of the tiny rectangles to create the illusion of the weaved pattern. Then I rotated the whole rectangle full of rectangles to the angle that I wanted and dropped it into place in the picture. Then trimmed it to fit. So when I put the cut vinyl on the disc I pulled every single one of the little rectangles out and it was tedious. It took about an hour. I then applied the paint dye to dye the small rectangles and after they were dyed I peeled the rest of the skin area out and if left a white area the shape of the skin filled will little brown rectangles. I then covered the whole area including the rectangles with paint dye (Powder dye mixed with laundry soap) and then rinsed it. So the rectangles went darker and the rest of the area stayed lighter it was a serious chore. But it turned out just like I intended.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 39
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Too cool! Thanks for the rundown. Truly exceptional work

Old 11-18-2018, 04:47 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 133
Niced 754 Times in 396 Posts

I'm working through the prize table. Dyers, expect to be contacted tomorrow and Tuesday at the latest (some will get tapped on Monday, some on Tuesday). FYI

Old 11-18-2018, 08:48 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 133
Niced 754 Times in 396 Posts

@twistedmangled

Your new medal is coming some time next week. It's like the crown under my name. You'll have a jack'o'lantern there as the winner of Okthrowberfest. You'll keep it for the year!

Old 11-18-2018, 10:36 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
@twistedmangled

Your new medal is coming some time next week. It's like the crown under my name. You'll have a jack'o'lantern there as the winner of Okthrowberfest. You'll keep it for the year!
Nice!