Old 11-24-2019, 07:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,864 Times in 604 Posts

I just keep wondering what a disc raft looks like.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-24-2019, 07:48 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,354 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I'm still trying to figure out that shovel and saw thing.
Hi Jay Dub, maybe I can help!

Shovels and saws are tools commonly used to design disc golf courses, which are often played in forests. Just as you can have trouble seeing the forest for the trees, you can also have trouble "seeing" the holes for the trees too!

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings you had!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.9
Courses Played: 77
Niced 56 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
I know I am late to the interwebs' game, but that .gif had me sincerely laughing for a long while.

I am still convinced Casey is some sort of savant and we are all just missing the brilliance, so I read all of the words in his posts - looking for the secret code....then your .gif.

Still can not look at it without laughing - Thanks.
Casey's secret code: You have to go through all of his posts and pick out the randomly capitalized words. Run the letters through the de-coder and see if they don't spell "CGK, THE GREAT UNCLE". Be patient because there will also be an ungodly long drawn out story of the early 2000's, the in town course bridge, and other gobbledy-gook nonsense, all in a crazy one sentence format. And so many repetitive words and clauses that you won't know if you're coming or going

Last edited by John Rock; 11-25-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 247 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rock View Post
Casey's secret code: You have to go through all of his posts and pick out the randomly capitalized words. Run the letters through the de-coder and see if they don't spell "CGK, THE GREAT UNCLE". Be patient because there will also be an ungodly long drawn out story of the early 2000's, the in town course bridge, and other gobbledy-gook nonsense, all in a crazy one sentence format. And so many repetitive words and clauses that you won't know if you're coming or going
Shark titanic magnet impact stalker, am I missing anything?

Old 11-26-2019, 12:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 341 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
I just keep wondering what a disc raft looks like.

Old 11-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,123 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I'll give 10-1 odds she doesn't know what geometric tolerance is.
Even if not, she could have easily doodled the rim profile on a napkin, and requested a certain diameter. That's the "design". Then let the "saw and shovel" guys bang it out.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 499 Times in 238 Posts

I come to sponsor threads for BBQ and Pizza talk. DON'T muddy the waters with "design" semantics.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:15 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,102 Times in 711 Posts

I wonder how this whole thing will pan out with so many top players going Discraft. It almost harks of teh Prodigy thing from a few years ago, but they actually have a full lineup of good product. In the past I disparaged them for their plastic look and a lot of foibles of their popular discs, but many of the new ones don’t have the issues I often was hung up with.

Innova will always do fine because of their staple molds and large brick and mortar presence, but I have to wonder if as some new top players begin emerging if they will be as aggressive going to get those players.

It seems like Trilogy, DD in particular is taking it on the chin a bit in this shakeup, at least on the Pro side. I also have seen a lot less of their product in the smaller stores in favor of MVP, Discraft and even Legacy in one shop. Personally I have a very trilogy heavy bag(not really a fanboy as most of the molds aren’t popular) and none of this spurred much change. Though I did get a Zeus and Anax to try out.

DG is without a doubt still on a growth pattern, especially considering tournaments I used to walk up and play now sell out three weeks early, and courses in the ATL metro stay crowded on nice weekends. And it seems that DD helped drive that mentality to some degree. Hopefully they realize a lot of their best impact is at the g as roots level and try to grow some top pros instead of making it a big shell game on the pro side.

Sorry, kind of lost the thread there.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 403 Times in 162 Posts

Let’s now argue if idiots posting on an online disc golf forum are authors.

Are touring players with vlogs videographers? Is a person who doesn’t know how to play disc golf but is on a course playing a disc golfer?

One of the dangers of expertise is becoming touchy about said expertise. But it’s mostly a bunch of self-indulgent hot air.

Old 11-26-2019, 05:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 48
Niced 862 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I wonder how this whole thing will pan out with so many top players going Discraft. It almost harks of teh Prodigy thing from a few years ago, but they actually have a full lineup of good product. In the past I disparaged them for their plastic look and a lot of foibles of their popular discs, but many of the new ones don’t have the issues I often was hung up with.

Innova will always do fine because of their staple molds and large brick and mortar presence, but I have to wonder if as some new top players begin emerging if they will be as aggressive going to get those players.

It seems like Trilogy, DD in particular is taking it on the chin a bit in this shakeup, at least on the Pro side. I also have seen a lot less of their product in the smaller stores in favor of MVP, Discraft and even Legacy in one shop. Personally I have a very trilogy heavy bag(not really a fanboy as most of the molds aren’t popular) and none of this spurred much change. Though I did get a Zeus and Anax to try out.

DG is without a doubt still on a growth pattern, especially considering tournaments I used to walk up and play now sell out three weeks early, and courses in the ATL metro stay crowded on nice weekends. And it seems that DD helped drive that mentality to some degree. Hopefully they realize a lot of their best impact is at the g as roots level and try to grow some top pros instead of making it a big shell game on the pro side.

Sorry, kind of lost the thread there.
I guess I just don't understand changing one's bag because of what a pro throws. I have started to see new Discraft stuff in our group since Paul switched. Makes no sense to me at all.

Niced: (3)