#1101  
Old 12-02-2019, 11:54 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,043
Niced 865 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Are your uncles twins?
Nope not at all they are uh 6-7 years apart the older disc golf Uncle who is a year older then my mom and the one younger Uncle second youngest of my aunts and uncles that are related has never married. The Cousin is 5-6 years older then me being born in 1982 or 1983 me late 1988. Yeah when my family is 52-53 cousins on one side with my mom being one of 14 right in middle at number 7 yeah I have a hard time trying to remember the ages more so of the youngest cousins. I think only one Aunt plays disc golf or kind of did before she messed up her shoulder really bad, to the point she has to play Cornhole with her non dominate hand yet still beats everyone. I do have cousins that are twins but the twin gene is on the other side of married in aunt. My dads side he was a single child.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1102  
Old 12-03-2019, 12:04 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,043
Niced 865 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
If Casey designed discs for Discraft his first design would be a putter. It'd be a firebird wing with a Comet top, but inverted. It would only be made in Pro plastic but not the newer pro/R pro but more like pre 2006 pro. It would have a challenger stamp and it would be called a Rambler. Or maybe an Uncletaker?
Nope I first would make a midrange with Magnet wing. I would use the Buzz top to a Magnet wing, making basically a slow Buzz midrange/putter hybrid.

Second I would try to make Impact again but seeing as how that would most likely fail, then get Discraft to make the Glide in ESP, big Z, Z FLX in that order of which plastic I really want for it if Discraft still makes that mold. I feel a mold with that shallow a rim that is also that narrow needs to be in a grip type plastic, not Z where the plastic can come stiff and slick in some runs.

Third try and see if the Wasp can be made in more plastic then just Z, at least ESP if not first choice X.
Reply With Quote
  #1103  
Old 12-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Chains Bailey Chains Bailey is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 200
Niced 135 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Nope not at all they are uh 6-7 years apart the older disc golf Uncle who is a year older then my mom and the one younger Uncle second youngest of my aunts and uncles that are related has never married. The Cousin is 5-6 years older then me being born in 1982 or 1983 me late 1988. Yeah when my family is 52-53 cousins on one side with my mom being one of 14 right in middle at number 7 yeah I have a hard time trying to remember the ages more so of the youngest cousins. I think only one Aunt plays disc golf or kind of did before she messed up her shoulder really bad, to the point she has to play Cornhole with her non dominate hand yet still beats everyone. I do have cousins that are twins but the twin gene is on the other side of married in aunt. My dads side he was a single child.
Ok Steve West - tackle that!

Reply With Quote
  #1104  
Old 12-03-2019, 12:56 AM
dreadlock86's Avatar
dreadlock86 dreadlock86 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DFW, tx
Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 329
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,938
Niced 299 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I can do short. Discraft needs to make the XL in plastic other then the Pro D, then the mold was the true OS 7 speed that is missing from the Discraft lineup. Stalker works better for me but those who want a truly OS fairway driver and stick with only Discraft/DGA the Z XL was the disc.
i don't know if i'd call it OS but man, i do love the XL. i found the Stalker more stable than the XL but even the Stalker is pretty point-and-shoot.

i thought the XL was totally OOP but it looks like they still have my favorite ones (elite X) on the discraft website. thanks for making me look that up. i do have a sweet Z one with some cool Cam Todd art on it but i lost my last thrower a number of years back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Third try and see if the Wasp can be made in more plastic then just Z, at least ESP if not first choice X.
totally! we need a X plastic renaissance

bring back wasps & predators and a drone would be sweet too.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1105  
Old 12-03-2019, 01:45 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,043
Niced 865 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
i don't know if i'd call it OS but man, i do love the XL. i found the Stalker more stable than the XL but even the Stalker is pretty point-and-shoot.

i thought the XL was totally OOP but it looks like they still have my favorite ones (elite X) on the discraft website. thanks for making me look that up. i do have a sweet Z one with some cool Cam Todd art on it but i lost my last thrower a number of years back.




totally! we need a X plastic renaissance

bring back wasps & predators and a drone would be sweet too.
If the Z XL was made, then the mold would be more OS almost filling the OS slot for a speed 7 fairway driver. I had an Elite Z XL with the stamp being part of the mold style, that old for years. I got the yellow green/spring green nearly ne after having lost a full on Clear early Z run with a poor mustard yellow and tan/camel color tournament stamp from the tournament I was at. I found the Elite Z XL in the used section of a place that sold disc golf discs and found the disc in the used section. I like the Z Stalker better for a mold, something I thought would not happen due to my

I never used Drone (well had for a round with a Pro D having found the disc before giving the mold to a cousin who used Drones) or Predator but I like the Wasp. I have a Elite X tournament special Wasp disc but the weight is too light at 166 grams so it sits on my shelf of non usable disc for me. I would want a 175-176 gram disc at that weight set not the 165-167 weight set I got my old Elite X Wasp at. The Disc does not cut through wind well and I want about 5 grams from max of a non putting putter disc for all disc molds I use except 3 different molds.

I do agree with the X plastic renaissance that it is needed to get some disc molds to fly better or allow cycling in the case of the Wasp as well as having better grip. Why use mostly Z and ESP as the plastics for your molds when X is so good, you have amazing grip Z FLX that is almost as durable as ESP, Big Z that has just as good a grip as ESP but with better durability and modern Titanium that is on par with Proline.
Reply With Quote
  #1106  
Old 12-03-2019, 05:07 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Marshfield, WI
Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 293
Niced 224 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
i don't know if i'd call it OS but man, i do love the XL. i found the Stalker more stable than the XL but even the Stalker is pretty point-and-shoot.

i thought the XL was totally OOP but it looks like they still have my favorite ones (elite X) on the discraft website. thanks for making me look that up. i do have a sweet Z one with some cool Cam Todd art on it but i lost my last thrower a number of years back.




totally! we need a X plastic renaissance

bring back wasps & predators and a drone would be sweet too.
Just so both of you know they have X, ESP and I think ESP FLX XL's on infinite right now. There's some sweet looking swirly ESP's too. I almost bought one.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1107  
Old 12-03-2019, 05:17 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Marshfield, WI
Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 293
Niced 224 Times in 119 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Nope I first would make a midrange with Magnet wing. I would use the Buzz top to a Magnet wing, making basically a slow Buzz midrange/putter hybrid.

Second I would try to make Impact again but seeing as how that would most likely fail, then get Discraft to make the Glide in ESP, big Z, Z FLX in that order of which plastic I really want for it if Discraft still makes that mold. I feel a mold with that shallow a rim that is also that narrow needs to be in a grip type plastic, not Z where the plastic can come stiff and slick in some runs.

Third try and see if the Wasp can be made in more plastic then just Z, at least ESP if not first choice X.
I think you said almost the same thing earlier in this thread. Wasn't it a comet top though? I'm to lazy to look for it. Either way it was a mid top on a putter wing. So kind of like a comet anyway. But what everyone's really wondering though is, how many second cousin's do you have? And if you have time possibly let us know how many third cousins you have. Also how many of them play disc golf? I'd actually prefer if when you did this you'd note whether they are on your mother's or father's side too. I know that's a lot to ask. But I feel like it would put a lot of us at ease. Any step siblings would be appreciated too.
Reply With Quote
  #1108  
Old 12-03-2019, 01:15 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,968
Niced 1,133 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Just so both of you know they have X, ESP and I think ESP FLX XL's on infinite right now. There's some sweet looking swirly ESP's too. I almost bought one.
XL was my first ever disc...still have it on the wall. Bought one of these Infinite swirly ESP script stamped XLs, to take a stroll down memory lane. Having fun throwing this alongside a 40th Anniversary Wildcat (my second disc golf purchase).

Hit grass (where the pole would have been on this hanging basket) on my first throw with it on a 375ft hole. It's back in the bag for my X Undertaker, till it gets too beat.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1109  
Old 12-03-2019, 03:24 PM
thedrew300's Avatar
thedrew300 thedrew300 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arkansas
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 45
Posts: 603
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuu View Post
I'll just leave this here: https://awkwarddg.tumblr.com/
That's my old Revolution bag in the background of the picture with Rico's bag.
Reply With Quote
 

  #1110  
Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 45.7
Courses Played: 367
Posts: 5,058
Niced 1,760 Times in 863 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
Ok Steve West - tackle that!
First step:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comma Load.jpg (144.3 KB, 153 views)

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking a step back. Grippenripp Bag Suggestions & Feedback 16 01-13-2018 10:53 PM
One step forward, two steps back Toddinski Technique & Strategy 10 06-28-2016 05:31 PM
Getting back into the game Nasty Nate General Disc Golf Chat 25 06-23-2016 09:27 PM
switching back to the x step. help! ooochkchkooo Form Analysis/Critique 2 08-01-2013 06:42 PM
One step forward, two back art_vandelay General Disc Golf Chat 15 03-08-2011 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.