Old 12-05-2019, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 211 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
McB still forehands up to 400+, thatís certainly up to speed for that style of disc

Not being argumentative just what I feel the reason would be for him to get such a disc made
Oh for sure. But I have a different theory. The Zeus makes for a great accurate but long distance backhand driver for him. If he wants more distance then the speed 13 driver he wants to make will be used purely for distance, think hole 1 mvp open, where accuracy is a lot less of a concern, he doesnít really do those shots with his forehand that I have seen, theyíre usually are pinpoint accurate shots. If he needs distance, he will typically reach for the backhand, but we shall see. We will probably hear more about it towards the middle to end of January. Itís not really a disc Iím interested in but I do love my zeus. I didnít have any interest in the Malta and I couldnít click with the anax either but I sure as hell donít have his power.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2019, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 211 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
I donít bag either but isnít the Shryke pretty much a Thrasher?
Faster and a fair amount more stability.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,936 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
Closer to a G* Tern.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-06-2019, 12:05 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 207 Times in 100 Posts

The most stable thrasher is still filpper than any shryke besides pro.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,598 Times in 914 Posts

It must be hard for Paul and Paige to find "holes" in Discrafts lineup to fill. . the only holes Discraft has is a OS speed 7 and a US putter.
But they sell discs with their name. . not that the discs is something uniqe in the lineup
Old 12-06-2019, 06:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 629 Times in 382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
It must be hard for Paul and Paige to find "holes" in Discrafts lineup to fill. . the only holes Discraft has is a OS speed 7 and a US putter.
But they sell discs with their name. . not that the discs is something uniqe in the lineup
That open space to the left of the Stalker on their flight chart is silly. I guess they have the Banzai through DGA? I was convinced Paul would go for that kind of mold.

I would say DC could make a beadless OS putter. Like a Challenger OS but without that awful bead. & no, the Zone is not a putter.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,598 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
That open space to the left of the Stalker on their flight chart is silly. I guess they have the Banzai through DGA? I was convinced Paul would go for that kind of mold.

I would say DC could make a beadless OS putter. Like a Challenger OS but without that awful bead. & no, the Zone is not a putter.
I feel like those 7-speed OS disc are not that popular anymore. . .most OS fairways are in the 9-10 speed nowadays

But a "Stalker OS" , a "Slower SOL" and a "Faster Archer" would be nice. . and maybe a super OS slow putter
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 290 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I have zero clue why Paul ignored the Punisher and had Discraft make the Zeus/Kong.
Drivers sell. Pretty simple. Smart of paul to release another driver.

Also, i watched alot of dg footage this last year. Pauls game clicks way more with a Force. I would say the weakest shots he had were when he used the Zeus.(backhand)
He had a few nice shots with it but overall he was competing and winning with the Force, and the Zeus still sold well(sexy plastic helps).

Dear Cloudbreaker...challenge accepted

Love Paul
Old 12-06-2019, 10:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 737 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
The punisher has only been around a couple years. I myself tried it and wasnít too fond of it. Iím sure Paul tried it as well and most likely didnít like the feel of the disc. Thatís really the main reasons I feel like Paul has his own line, not necessarily to fill holes in the lineup, but to make a similar flying disc that feels better in his hands. I really would have thought he would try to make a speed 7-8 fairway driver instead of a speed 13. But like all the others Iím sure there is a reason he wants a speed 13 in the lineup. At this point Iím more curious to see the success of Paiges putter and based off that success what kind of molds she would bring as Paige is less picky about feel and more picky about flight. Iím sure as she has thrown discraft before, she knows what the disc lineup could be supplemented with.
Maybe he wants a speed 13 because the Force and Kong/Zeus are somewhat short and beefy. I feel like the star Destroyer outflies either of them.

Plus (as mentioned), any disc Paul comes out with seems to sell like hotcakes. I know he isn't a speed 13 guy, but maybe he has something in the works that fits his game. That said, the Nuke is a pretty standard speed 13 disc. It'll be hard to really differentiate from it.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 737 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Shryke is 2 speeds faster and not quite as flippy. Thrashers are touchy, and can be difficult to keep on a flat line.