Old 08-31-2015, 02:58 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

Im not aware of the new protege blend being used with protege hunters yet, but soon im sure it will be. i don't think gravity is a good choice for anything but putting, imo Its just not durable enough to hold its shape/flight after a tree hit. However, if you like soft and grippy putting putters then its a great choice for just putting in the circle. Icon would be a better choice for a driving putter, or the new Protege plastic but its only made in the prowler at the moment. The prowler is also very straight but has a reliable fade at the very end where as the hunter just wants to stay straight forever.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alright! Yeah, the gravity plastic feel nice in the hand but lost driving vakue after that damn oak.. Thanks for the reply! Also I'm rather curious of this 'new' protege blend.. what is up with that?
Old 08-31-2015, 04:57 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts

To my knowledge, the new protege is only available in the Ghost and Prowler molds at the moment because it's a brand new blend they made recently and haven't had a chance to run it in all their molds, im sure they will move old stock first. they kept the name the same though so you would have to keep up with them on the Legacy Facebook page to know when other molds will be run in the 'new' blend of Protege.

The new protege is FAR more resistant to stretching (bending/tacoing), it beats in much slower and and doesn't take slice/dent/scrape damage as easily. The feel is more midgrade, almost a chalkyish feel, its not tacky like icon or star though. When wet or damp it still provides a grippy feel which is great for early morning tournament rounds when the grass is wet and you're trying to keep discs grippy.. you still have to wipe it off but if its damp i still feel confident in throwing it.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:42 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Aight, then I'm pretty sure the new protege blend isn't out over here yet.. How new is it exactely?

About the Outlaws, I figure you, in4d, is the correct guy to ask. What color would be wisest to buy in 175g FR for a driver with control and utility aswell distance? Thinking of white, mostly for the sske of awesome stamp.. thinking of ordering 2.. one max weight and 1 lower. Can'y decide colors though ..
Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

Just tossed a Gravity Hunter in the bag for putts and I am enjoying the silly straightness of it. I'm looking for some info on Icon Hunters, though. How are they for drives and upshots? And, most importantly, how did they mold up compared to Gravity? If Icon is deeper/taller I'm inclined to pass, but if it is the same profile depth as Gravity I'm intrigued. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 101 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Just tossed a Gravity Hunter in the bag for putts and I am enjoying the silly straightness of it. I'm looking for some info on Icon Hunters, though. How are they for drives and upshots? And, most importantly, how did they mold up compared to Gravity? If Icon is deeper/taller I'm inclined to pass, but if it is the same profile depth as Gravity I'm intrigued. Thanks for the help!
I've got necro bump this. I just got a Hunter in a players pack and Im in love (for now). I immediately started getting better releases than with my Judges, and love the Gravity plastic. How are the Icon Hunters?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 136 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric40817 View Post
I've got necro bump this. I just got a Hunter in a players pack and Im in love (for now). I immediately started getting better releases than with my Judges, and love the Gravity plastic. How are the Icon Hunters?
I use an Icon Hunter as a driving putter on short holes and as an approach disc. Just plain neutral. Can do anything.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Necrobump 2.0

Just got a red sparkle hunter in the mail, and threw it for a bunch of upshots, and WOW! This is the disc I have been looking for. It is very neutral, and has so much glide. It is a laser beam on approaches, forehand and backhand, it will hyzer flip with power, or hold beautiful turnovers. I will have to give it some more work, but my pures may lose their spot in the bag.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 105 Times in 67 Posts

I've been putting with the Clutch so long I've never thrown a Hunter. Am I missing anything? I push putt with a stiff Clutch and approach with a gravity Clutch.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 105 Times in 67 Posts

No sir I didn't like it.