Old 06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothyfish View Post
Neutral is a nice description. It suggests the tendancy is to hold the line it is put on, not fight out of it.
Thats exactly what it does. I have never experienced another disc like this. Thrown clean and flat about 6-8ft off the ground, the disc has ZERO fade finishing beautifully nice and straight. It will hold gentle, floating hyzer shots around corners, and take and hold an anny line all the way to the ground without trying to fight out of it. It's been what I'd call a "sleeper" disc, as I bought it to try it out, not expecting it to play a big part in my bag. Now it's kicked out my beloved Comets and is being thrown more than any other mid in my bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am liking the annys you can get with these. Have only used a few but they hold.

It is also cool that this is slower than the core. I have had a ton of basket strikes and near misses with the core but it is coming in so hot, I often end up with a moderately difficult putt . This disc seems like it is nowhere near as fast but is accurate and more versatile.

Jury still out...but prolly a keeper.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Right now I'm having problems with what is likely a pinched nerve in my back, and when I play I've been getting shooting/burning pains in my left leg, especially when I throw hard. Yesterday during doubles it was just killing me, so I had to give up on throwing hard/using my legs. I started smoothing my Fuse nice and easy on holes I usually throw my Buzzz pretty hard. It performed beautifully, and now I must say the trial period is over and the Fuse is officially solid in my bag. Once you figure out the speed of the release that the Fuse prefers it is simply magic, holding any flight you put on it without fade. It also gets amazing lift/glide when it turns...Where the Buzzz starts dropping after it hits the apex of a turnover shot, it seems the Fuse keeps its altitude and keeps cruising. The Fuse is bringing some much needed touch into my mid game.
maybe that's my problem. I'm trying to throw it as fast as I throw my cores, which i can now reach slightly less than 300 feet with. So the Fuse can't handle that much speed, eh?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
maybe that's my problem. I'm trying to throw it as fast as I throw my cores, which i can now reach slightly less than 300 feet with. So the Fuse can't handle that much speed, eh?
The Fuse doesn't like as much speed/power as Roc's or Buzzz do off the tee. They like to take advantage of their superior glide for distance, very much similar to how Comets don't like a lot of arm speed either.

The Fuse seems to get max D for me thrown with about 75% power compared to throwing Roc's or Buzzz at near full power. I can't wait for this upcoming Friday(payday!) when I can order myself another Fuse. Looking for one a bit more understable than my current 176g Opto. Not sure if I should go with Opto again but in a lighter weight, or try out a Goldline version
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
The Fuse doesn't like as much speed/power as Roc's or Buzzz do off the tee. They like to take advantage of their superior glide for distance, very much similar to how Comets don't like a lot of arm speed either.

The Fuse seems to get max D for me thrown with about 75% power compared to throwing Roc's or Buzzz at near full power. I can't wait for this upcoming Friday(payday!) when I can order myself another Fuse. Looking for one a bit more understable than my current 176g Opto. Not sure if I should go with Opto again but in a lighter weight, or try out a Goldline version
Went out with the fuse again today. utter disappointment

can throw DX Kites further on a hyzer flip and turn them over more accurately than the fuse. I'm open to trading/selling it if anybody wants another one. (opto 176g bright orange)
Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
can throw DX Kites further on a hyzer flip and turn them over more accurately than the fuse. I'm open to trading/selling it if anybody wants another one. (opto 176g bright orange)
I can't seem to get the hyzer-flip down with my 176g Opto either It seems a bit too stable for easy turnovers, but I found I could just throw it flat for a true straight flight with only a hint of fade. I used to LOVE hyzer-flipping my ESP Comet all over the place, but now I have to attack things differently with the Fuse.

The disc won't be for everyone and I respect your opinion. If I wasn't looking for a less stable version to go with the one I already have I would take yours off your hands.....I am sure you will be able to get rid of it fairly easy.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
I'm open to trading/selling it if anybody wants another one. (opto 176g bright orange)
It's gone.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,380 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
I can't seem to get the hyzer-flip down with my 176g Opto either It seems a bit too stable for easy turnovers, but I found I could just throw it flat for a true straight flight with only a hint of fade. I used to LOVE hyzer-flipping my ESP Comet all over the place, but now I have to attack things differently with the Fuse.

The disc won't be for everyone and I respect your opinion. If I wasn't looking for a less stable version to go with the one I already have I would take yours off your hands.....I am sure you will be able to get rid of it fairly easy.
It is tricky to hyzer-flip but it works a sweeping hyzer pretty easily. I keep forgetting how much more air I have to give these discs unlike my faster mids.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Played in steady but mild wind (10-15mph) today and was not digging the results; 10-15' high phantom skips into tree canopy, and med to hard right pull with almost no fade back even after altitude gain.

Don't remember having a single good throw w it today.

I used my dart for finesse upshots for the last half of the day and it was fine w same/similar shots in higher mph wind. Might hafta punt if this thing hasta be shelved for less than perfect days. Anyone else finding this (169 opto fyi)

Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I got jrawk's 176 opto Fuse in the mail yesterday and got out and tested it today. I threw it around in a feild about 10 times and then played two 9-hole rounds with it and a putter. I used it for every shot that wasn't a putt. I then hit the practice field with it again after for further testing.

The Fuse seems to hold any line you put it on with out any fade. I'm not saying it goes straight on the line you throw it, it'll actually hold a curve all the way to the ground.This can make it an unforgiving disc, but if you remember to finesse it, you can use this to your advantage. It really excels at holding anhyzers compared to something like a Buzzz.

As far as hyzer flipping, this 176 opto won't flip from extreme hyzers. If you put too much hyzer it lock into that line and hold it the whole flight. However, if you put the slightest hyzer on it, it'll flip up and hold some of the straightest, glidiest, most beautiful flights I've ever seen.

I'm a Buzzz man and the Fuse at this point isn't going to kick my main Buzzz out of the bag. However, I think it may be kicking my light weight/ beat Buzzz out of the bag. It holds anhyzers much better than a Buzzz and the lack of any fade when hyzer flipping it will make it indispensable when throwing on dead straight tunnels.