Old 12-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help me build my bag.

Whats goin on guys. So I just got back into DG about 3 weeks ago. Played a few rounds and did decent. Been 5 years since the last time I've actually played.

Anyways I'm about 6' 170 and can currently drive out to about 370' on a decent drive for me. Like I said I'm just getting back into it and sold a lot of my old discs. I'm not looking to go hard core back into the sport but get the most of my game.

Anyways right now I'm tossing a Champ - Viking for my forehand left cuts, A Champ - Monster for my side arm right hooks, A Champ - Leopard for center straights forehand and a Aviar/Burdie for mid/put approach.

I play the HB course inside of SoCal if any of you guys know that course, pretty right handed favored, decently open for most holes with some tree liners. Heavy drives at about 410 short drives about 300.

I'm looking for a disc to max my drive good for head wind, and just something that might come in handy to play off my other disc's already. I've been looking at getting a Champ flick, Beast or Teebird.

Anyways help a guy out. Happy tossin'.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

If your throwing 370' with those discs, maybe try a Star wraith and a champ beast.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Teebirds are always nice. You might like a star destroyer if you're an innova guy and it appears like you are. Don't be scared to branch out though if you have other options. Some good plastic out there and it doesn't all say innova on it. You might also try the bag suggestions subforum for more responses around building your bag.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 12
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Teebirds are always nice. You might like a star destroyer if you're an innova guy and it appears like you are. Don't be scared to branch out though if you have other options. Some good plastic out there and it doesn't all say innova on it. You might also try the bag suggestions subforum for more responses around building your bag.
I use to be this way. I would only use Innova,Discraft and Gateway. Never wanted to try anything else until someone let me throw a Saint. Needless to say I started to try all sorts of Latitude stuff after that.

So like SteezeOG said don't be afraid to branch out.

Also this one site has always helped me to compare discs so I would kind of get a idea of what I was getting into and to make sure I wasn't going to have an overlap in my bag.

Here is the site. http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431

It's real simple to use and it has all of the companies right there at your hands. You can sort things by distance,Drivers,Mids and Putters. on the numbers the negative numbers is it's turn and the postive numbers is it's fade. Really great tool to have at your hands.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys.

Its not a favor Innova really its just that's all my course really sells and the first discs I started on. Until just recently I thought Innova was the only company that made discs.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Also I've been Googling like hell and why is there no love for beast's on forums?

I see everything hating on them or recommending people stop throwing them. My cousin who's played for like 15 years told me the beast was a decent disc and recommended I look into that and a roc. He's actually the guy that got me the discs pictured when I started playing back in 06.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 194
Niced 144 Times in 81 Posts

try some mids...........roc, buzz, comet, etc.......Im assuming you throw predominately forehand? If so I would try anyone of those three mids and start throwing some backhand
Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post
Also I've been Googling like hell and why is there no love for beast's on forums?

I see everything hating on them or recommending people stop throwing them. My cousin who's played for like 15 years told me the beast was a decent disc and recommended I look into that and a roc. He's actually the guy that got me the discs pictured when I started playing back in 06.
A beast isn't a bad disc at all. Before I started throwing Saints,my Beasts were my main drivers. Very sneaky long and can hold it's own in a Headwind and a Tailwind. Excellent Disc and don't let no one tell you different.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
try some mids...........roc, buzz, comet, etc.......Im assuming you throw predominately forehand? If so I would try anyone of those three mids and start throwing some backhand

I actually do more back due to the course set up I play. But I do prefer forehand due to my nature of being a ball player all my young life. But I notice I get more distance out of my backhands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Matt View Post
A beast isn't a bad disc at all. Before I started throwing Saints,my Beasts were my main drivers. Very sneaky long and can hold it's own in a Headwind and a Tailwind. Excellent Disc and don't let no one tell you different.
Yea I started a thread in the general chat section to see what the deal was with the beast and all the comments I was reading and quickly saw the beast does have some followers. So I'm pretty confident on picking a beast and a roc up this weekend.

Hopefully it goes well

Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

It will go well man.

These are two great Discs.