#3771  
Old 05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Nic17ross Nic17ross is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Is it hard to find p-line PDs? I know they are OOP, but I would like to throw one to see how they are compared to s and c line.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3772  
Old 05-09-2018, 02:51 PM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: OH
Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,281
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic17ross View Post
Is it hard to find p-line PDs? I know they are OOP, but I would like to throw one to see how they are compared to s and c line.
Pretty much all gone from the online retailers. Might be lucky enough to grab one locally or from a used bin.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3773  
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Reniger's Avatar
Reniger Reniger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Mighty Mitten
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,877
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Disc Baron still has some P-Line PDs. Only a couple, but it's always good to support a great store with a smaller footprint.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #3774  
Old 05-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Reniger's Avatar
Reniger Reniger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Mighty Mitten
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,877
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts
Default

LUL. No more at Disc Baron. Well done, whoever supported our boy Jacob.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3775  
Old 05-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Nic17ross Nic17ross is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
LUL. No more at Disc Baron. Well done, whoever supported our boy Jacob.
Yeah I bought both of them

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #3776  
Old 05-10-2018, 03:41 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 813
Niced 314 Times in 236 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic17ross View Post
Is it hard to find p-line PDs? I know they are OOP, but I would like to throw one to see how they are compared to s and c line.
I've thrown a good amount of PDs in various plastic. Definitely more US than any other plastic I've thrown (I haven't thrown D-line). But they straight bomb. I have one of the stiff ones at like 171g and it flies similar to a CD2 but with more turn and fade. I'd say a CD2 would be a similar flying disc but might not finish hard enough if you are throwing pretty far.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3777  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:19 PM
dehaas dehaas is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Belleville, IL
Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 2,076
Niced 224 Times in 114 Posts
Default

The good p line pds were the softer ones, I never cared for the super stiff ones.

G line is a good p line replacement.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3778  
Old 05-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Nic17ross Nic17ross is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
I've thrown a good amount of PDs in various plastic. Definitely more US than any other plastic I've thrown (I haven't thrown D-line). But they straight bomb. I have one of the stiff ones at like 171g and it flies similar to a CD2 but with more turn and fade. I'd say a CD2 would be a similar flying disc but might not finish hard enough if you are throwing pretty far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
The good p line pds were the softer ones, I never cared for the super stiff ones.

G line is a good p line replacement.

I just got a couple p pds, so I’m excited to try them out. A little nervous I’ll love them then lose them but that’s the sport we play!
Reply With Quote
  #3779  
Old 05-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Reniger's Avatar
Reniger Reniger is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The Mighty Mitten
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,877
Niced 477 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic17ross View Post
I just got a couple p pds, so I’m excited to try them out. A little nervous I’ll love them then lose them but that’s the sport we play!
Sadly, I switched to Pro Wraiths when the P-PD went OOP. Pro Wraith is a bit flipper, but still has good fade in the end. Thing bombs for my arm speed and power. P-DDs are another good option for glidey bastards, but they don't hold up in wind and they don't finish the same as PDs. I use PDs for nearly all of my distance shots, so it's hard for me to find anything that I can really click with the same way.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3780  
Old 05-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Nic17ross Nic17ross is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Sadly, I switched to Pro Wraiths when the P-PD went OOP. Pro Wraith is a bit flipper, but still has good fade in the end. Thing bombs for my arm speed and power. P-DDs are another good option for glidey bastards, but they don't hold up in wind and they don't finish the same as PDs. I use PDs for nearly all of my distance shots, so it's hard for me to find anything that I can really click with the same way.
I’m hoping I can use them long enough to get a spd beat in enough so I can use the same mold for all of my driving needs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fairway Driver That Can Handle Power? MikeM Discs 46 04-25-2015 03:23 PM
G-Line PD Freak (Power Driver) Flip Hyzerman Discs 16 09-02-2014 10:50 AM
DISCMANIA POWER DRIVER 2 Daisuke The Marketplace 2 02-16-2014 11:25 AM
First run Power Driver.....$7 JustSayin' The Marketplace 3 09-20-2011 11:31 AM
Low Power Headwind Driver hendersondayton Discs 47 04-13-2011 11:26 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.