Old 04-20-2020, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 887 Times in 466 Posts

Been throwing em for a while now. Actually, for me the one trick pony thing is not a thing at all. It can go flat, slight hyzer, spike hyzer, slight anhyzer with power, more like a stall/flex anhyzer, chip shot, you name it. I hardly ever found myself in a place where I couldnt have made it to the basket on somekind of Tactic shot. Especially a super steep anhyzer forehand flick to flat was a shot that I didnt previously have. I like to throw flick approaches with mids a lot, but this works on even more steep lines.

Solid add to the bag for now. If I am not putting, I am most likely reaching for one.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2020, 04:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Been throwing em for a while now. Actually, for me the one trick pony thing is not a thing at all. It can go flat, slight hyzer, spike hyzer, slight anhyzer with power, more like a stall/flex anhyzer, chip shot, you name it. I hardly ever found myself in a place where I couldnt have made it to the basket on somekind of Tactic shot. Especially a super steep anhyzer forehand flick to flat was a shot that I didnt previously have. I like to throw flick approaches with mids a lot, but this works on even more steep lines.

Solid add to the bag for now. If I am not putting, I am most likely reaching for one.
I can see that. What I meant was it wants to go on the line you throw it on and doesn't finish hard. So while you can work lots of lines with it, the disc isn't doing any of the work, you are. it's very easy to throw dead straight. Which is a good thing, it's the highlight of the disc. It's really consistent at this.

It's point and shoot. Faster than a putter, no/low glide, less finish than a Gator like disc.

Mortar, Pig, and P2 all allowed me personally to throw more lines. I'm pretty dialed into these discs so accuracy was not lacking, and they are plenty reliable in wind.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:53 AM
* Ace Member *

For sure. If I want to get around a corner I am probably reaching for something else
Old 06-11-2020, 01:06 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

After a significant amount of time with my Tactic in Soft Exo, it is incredibly bent and beat up and not in great shape. How are other Soft Tactics holding up? I've got a year old R-Pro Pig that is in way better shape and that thing has smacked dozens of trees. The Tactic has weird impressions forming in the puddle top close to the rim, like someone pressed their thumb on the flight plate enough to cause a permanent bend.

Not impressed with the durability of the Tactic in Soft, considering a Hard, but concerned that'll just get overly beat up in a short amount of time too.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:39 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 229 Times in 137 Posts

You should see the BT soft Harp I’ve been throwing for years. I’ve nicknamed it the flying taco because it’s so beat up and warped. Cosmetics aside, it won’t be getting replaced until I can’t trust the flight anymore.

Any of the BT type plastics (which is essentially what those Tactics are) is going to look pretty bad pretty quickly.

That Vapor(?) plastic they use on the Razor Claw version will hold up better but it’s a slick plastic similar to Tournament plastic.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:49 AM
* Ace Member *

The hard Tactic ive had for a good while looks pretty rugged but hasnt really affected flight much. Even if it did, I like em a little mellow in any case. Fresh out of the box they are a little one-dimensionally OS for my taste.

Have squared my share of trees close to full power and they really dont seem to dent/warp, which I like.