Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 844 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Yes, that’s mine!
Thought so....I followed your channel after you shared that 360 forehand video I think. It was a fun watch! My son really got a kick outta some of those tomahawk looking forehand throws....I suspect he wants to give them a whirl....with his 113g polecat haha. It'll be a good lesson in disc stability for him lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,332 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Thought so....I followed your channel after you shared that 360 forehand video I think. It was a fun watch! My son really got a kick outta some of those tomahawk looking forehand throws....I suspect he wants to give them a whirl....with his 113g polecat haha. It'll be a good lesson in disc stability for him lol
Haha, you aught to film that! Would probably get more hits than anything I’ve ever done.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 7
Niced 844 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Haha, you aught to film that! Would probably get more hits than anything I’ve ever done.
He tried a Simon 360 backhand once. Spiked it straight down into the front of the teepad. He looked back at me, shrugged his shoulders, and said simply said "Well, I guess I'm not Simon". He is 5. It was so freaking adorable. All I could say is "Me neither bud, me neither". Maybe I should start filming our rounds haha.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,198 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
what a joke
Considering they were forced to close the shop for two months, I would give them a break for this release...

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2020, 04:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,087 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
And I guess just to see if my bag really is @ThrowaEnvy's "anti-bag," here's a list of my current molds (I won't bore everyone with breaking down what I carry multiples of):
Well Envy, what do you think? Some pretty terrible molds in my bag? Just remember to give me a couple bonus points for carrying those discs in an MVP Voyager.
They're all terrible haha, I like the Vanish best and that's not saying much...

Envy over Berg but I like the feel of Bergs
Judge -no clue
Proxy - soft electron Envy or Ohm
Zone - used to like it but I would Entropy it
Emac Truth -no clue
Evidence -no clue
Tursas - back to Comet used to love it though when I had more armspeed.

Felon -in fact all of these no clue, wrong shaped bricks I'm guessing...
Getaway
Stag
Hatchet
Trespass

Vanish - used to like it, have a 165 SE Neutron developed a better FH, don't bag it, I went more for plasma wave or 143 fission Photon or Relay.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 145 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
They closed everything for a month or two. They re-opened last Monday to do custom orders… I know this because two of mine are being pushed through the queue now.

I’m assuming that it won’t be long before they are stock starts hitting the shelves again.
Thanks I was looking to purchase some and could not get a complete order at anyone store and no one seems to have relays.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 326
Niced 2,396 Times in 1,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Considering they were forced to close the shop for two months, I would give them a break for this release...
yeah ill hold my breathe until july

Niced: (2)
Old 05-22-2020, 09:14 PM
* Ace Member *

I found my "yard" envy.. Middle of the fairway short, between two downed trees and under two large ferns, right fricking there.. Good thing I buffed one off a branch probably the same way haha. I was almost giving up hope, and thinking "was it this hole?" haha.

And you know what aphilso1 I can build a friendship over that Vanish, I kind of think I should pull it back out and see where 2-3 years has got me to haha, I really like that disc. My Nuke SS got real stable sitting on the shelf.. All three of em, weirdest thing..
Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
Thanks I was looking to purchase some and could not get a complete order at anyone store and no one seems to have relays.
Monocacy's got a 164 which he somehow just decided he didn't like... now there's a guy with a bag I "Envy".. Except his putter..

Carved the heck outta the woods tonight with the Ohm, that blue plasma Wave is easier to turn than the Inertia. I keep blasting it way past... and so straight! It's in nice shape.

I can see why people may not like their Teslas, my fission has a dome and these are a flat top. We will see where they break into but way beefier in plasma, and weirdly touchy in a headwind. They do a nice OH, no complaints.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:36 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 97
Niced 30 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Haha. I'ma 30-something that apparently still overcompensates.

Of all the gyro molds I've tried, there were only two that I just really did not like: Defy and Tesla. The one Tesla I had flew glideless and much more overstable than I was expecting, and yet it flipped over for me in headwinds. I just don't have a use for a fairway driver that gets less distance than my midranges unless it fills the meathook/headwind slot.
I thought the Defy was pretty solid for a speed 11. I don't have much call for a speed 11. For me, 11s are maybe a 5-15' distance gain on speed 9s - and big rim drivers just feel crap in the hands. I try to throw speeds 3->6.5 as much as possible and only reach for my 9s when I need extra distance... that said...

I've seen quite a bit of variation in the Teslas. They've been very run dependant. I've thrown them in a ton of plastics and weights. I've settled on a pair of opaque white Neutron 150s (unfortunatly I lost a 3rd one) that fly 9.5 4 -1 2. They are great for pinpoint shots in Missouri winds out to about 380-400' which is about my max distance. When I've got room, I throw Inertias.