Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Travel & Meets > Vacations & Road Trips

Old 04-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 183
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 195 Times in 95 Posts
Default Any course bagging trips cancelled because of COVID-19?

As if we needed another COVID-19 thread ... but I think this is a little different, so here goes: Has anyone had to cancel a course bagging trip due to this virus? I had two that I can't make because other events were canceled:

Finally, after about 8 years of my brother, Dad and I trying to get tickets to the Masters, we finally got some for the Monday practice day. I planned on leaving the Saturday before (today actually) and playing 3 courses on the way to Columbia, then play golf with my brother on Sunday and squeeze in a course or two, Masters on Monday, then 4 or 5 courses on the way home on Tuesday. I even checked and saw that the Rock Hill schools were on spring break next week, so I could hit a couple of those small niners, right next to each other. Plan was to hit 8 or 9 new courses.

Then, the first week of May, my wife had a Conference to go to in Nashville, while she was in class in the mornings, I was going to get 7-8 courses bagged, my first ones in TN.

So, any trips you had planned, that are on hold, or canceled?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 174
Niced 972 Times in 398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
Spouse and I were headed to see the Nats vs. the Asterisks in baseball spring training. I had tickets to fly down early and spend a few days bagging from Tampa to Orlando to West Palm Beach.

The crown jewel of the trip was to be playing Gran Canyon on one of the practice days before Throw Down the Mountain. Pretty bummed about missing that.

Otherwise, every nice Spring weekend is a lost opportunity to bag more local courses. I particularly want to spend a day at Lake Marshall, but that isn't going to happen for a while.

We were planning a trip from Tacoma, WA to Salem, OR this summer. I was hoping to bag around Seattle, maybe sneak into BC and become an international disc golfer, and then hit Lucky Mud, Horning's Hideout, etc. on the way south.

But if missed bagging trips remain my worst problems I have limited grounds for complaint, you know?

Niced: (1)
Old 04-04-2020, 12:27 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Niced 3,677 Times in 1,678 Posts

From the where are you going in 2020 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I'd been planning a long weekend to bag several of the top courses in Indiana, Easter weekend. That ain't happening. The Covids gonna cut in to course bagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Every year, my son and pick a Tiger road game to see a different ball park, and we always hit a few courses. This year it's Fenway, with Maple Hill, Pyramids, and 501 on tap...maybe some others.

This will be our 7th ballpark/DG roadie. Seen some great ball parks, and a lot of fun courses.
That Boston trip is supposed to be Labor Day weekend. Who knows what the situation will be or what Covid will end up doing to the baseball season?

Hell, I just hope we're looking at it in the rearview mirror by then.
I probably would have gone someplace Memorial Day weekend, as well. Can't imagine doing that now.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 447
Niced 877 Times in 443 Posts

I had a concert next Friday postponed a month. I doubt it will even happen then. Was going to hit Yahara Hills in Madison if it was still in ( on a ball golf course) or Wilderness (one of the state's best) or both.

My other real course bagging isn't until June and July in North Dakota and Missouri. So we'll see I guess.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,604 Times in 1,052 Posts

2 weeks in Oregon for the Beaver State Fling and the Wheelchair Games gone bye bye.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,350 Times in 1,772 Posts

On the other side of the coin, at Stoney Hill we had one scheduled visitor cancel his travel plans, back in March.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 78
Niced 222 Times in 73 Posts

Already had two trips affected.

Pittsburgh next week-end and Cincinnati the last weekend of April.

Both places the state parks cancelled my reservations.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 1370
Niced 908 Times in 312 Posts

I had a 12 day trip planned - To Bowling Green Ams, to Glass Blown, and back home, with whatever I could fit in between. It was a business trip (Flymarts) I didn't even plan on playing the tournaments, but course bagging most definitely would have occurred every day.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 183
Niced 195 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
I had a 12 day trip planned - To Bowling Green Ams, to Glass Blown, and back home, with whatever I could fit in between. It was a business trip (Flymarts) I didn't even plan on playing the tournaments, but course bagging most definitely would have occurred every day.
Geez MD, with a 12 day trip thru those locations, you could have made a run at TVK!!

Old 04-05-2020, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 326
Niced 2,398 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
As if we needed another COVID-19 thread ... but I think this is a little different, so here goes: Has anyone had to cancel a course bagging trip due to this virus? I had two that I can't make because other events were canceled:

Finally, after about 8 years of my brother, Dad and I trying to get tickets to the Masters, we finally got some for the Monday practice day. I planned on leaving the Saturday before (today actually) and playing 3 courses on the way to Columbia, then play golf with my brother on Sunday and squeeze in a course or two, Masters on Monday, then 4 or 5 courses on the way home on Tuesday. I even checked and saw that the Rock Hill schools were on spring break next week, so I could hit a couple of those small niners, right next to each other. Plan was to hit 8 or 9 new courses.

Then, the first week of May, my wife had a Conference to go to in Nashville, while she was in class in the mornings, I was going to get 7-8 courses bagged, my first ones in TN.

oddly enough i was supposed to go to nashville in april too and now obviously cant go

was excited to play canes 7 oaks and cedar hill

oh well