Old 02-03-2017, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

The stamps look awesome Todd/Infinite. Can't wait to get em' in the mail!

Goooooooogyrooooo
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 11:29 AM
Par Member

Niced 44 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdingy View Post
What's with the quality control at MVP? My slave for chains insanity had multple drop outs. For a collector disc, I feel the stamp should have been perfect. Being my first VIP series disc, it was a complete let down. I don't know who to be more disappointed with MVP for poor stamping techniques or infinite discs for sending them out and doing nothing to correct the situation.
As for any drop-outs on the Insanity, it was actually a rare thing. We shipped out nearly 400 of them and only had maybe dozen people mention any significant drop-outs. When we package them up and ship that many, we don't really have time to inspect each one for possible flaws-- we assume that what we got is top quality. I replaced a couple of the ones that were shown to me with more serious drop-outs. Obviously, with only that many discs in existence, there is a limit to what we can replace for a minor drop-out in the outer ring, or in a red squiggle.

As for the Atom Bomb, that was rushed to us by MVP, since they were trying to get it to us close to the release date. We did contact them to express our disappointment that the stamps had so many drop-outs on the nose of the bomb. MVP apologized very kindly and agreed that we'll work more closely to insure that any stamps are well within the tolerance levels for their stamping process. As a result, we sold those Atoms at regular price, and they sold out in less than 24 hours.

We're working on both sides to try and make sure those stamp issues don't keep coming up.

Thanks to the great MVP community for the enthusiasm and support!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:39 AM
* Ace Member *

The Protons feel indestructible . Can't wait to get a solid round in with them. I do think they aren't winter cold/wetness friendly (I haven't used them yet, but they feel solid/slick)

I washed em up a little bit to maybe get rid of that slickness, helped a little bit.

I'm sure in the summer or dry weather these will be $. Someday it'll be nice to see these in Neutron plastic

Atom is awesome
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Someday it'll be nice to see these in Neutron plastic

Atom is awesome
Yup-I'm going to wait.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcσn View Post
So I've tossed the Proton Atom around for two rounds. Unfortunately, I no longer have the Electron Atom to compare it to.

Speaking of the Proxy, I've been saying that the Atom and Proxy were basically the same disc, but in different plastics. So I threw the P Atom against a Plasma Proxy for several tosses. There honestly aren't many noticeable differences. The Proxy had a bit more glide, but perhaps that can be attributed to the plastic. (I don't have a Proton Proxy to compare) Stability was very similar, and they both landed side by side on most throws.
So is this pretty much the consensus on Proxy vs P Atom? My last Proxy took a bad bounce off a tree onto thin ice a couple days ago (it's frustrating to watch a disc land in a spot you could reach and then skid a couple hundred feet out into a bay btw ) so I need a replacement. I putt with an Electron Atom, so if there are minimal differences I may opt for the P Atom over the Proxy. But I worry that the Atom won't have the easy straight/stable flight of the Proxy. I have an Envy beaten in to almost perfect straightness, but it requires more snap than the Proxy, so I'd like to avoid the Atom if it doesn't offer the same easy fadeless finish.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on Proxy vs Atom?
Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I haven't thrown a P Atom, just electron, but I can't imagine dropping the Proxy for the Atom. The Proxy is just such a magical disc.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@InfiniteDiscs View Post
As for any drop-outs on the Insanity, it was actually a rare thing. We shipped out nearly 400 of them and only had maybe dozen people mention any significant drop-outs. When we package them up and ship that many, we don't really have time to inspect each one for possible flaws-- we assume that what we got is top quality. I replaced a couple of the ones that were shown to me with more serious drop-outs. Obviously, with only that many discs in existence, there is a limit to what we can replace for a minor drop-out in the outer ring, or in a red squiggle.

As for the Atom Bomb, that was rushed to us by MVP, since they were trying to get it to us close to the release date. We did contact them to express our disappointment that the stamps had so many drop-outs on the nose of the bomb. MVP apologized very kindly and agreed that we'll work more closely to insure that any stamps are well within the tolerance levels for their stamping process. As a result, we sold those Atoms at regular price, and they sold out in less than 24 hours.

Todd, a few points:
1. It's kind of poor form to tell a disappointed customer that their issue is rare, or that you "didn't have time" to do quality control on the disc you shipped them.

2. It's equally poor form to assume that their issue was small, or dismiss it "a minor dropout in a squiggle"

I teach my employees to "Apologize, Empathize, Offer". Even if the issue isn't your fault, Apologize that the customer's expectations were not met. Show that you understand how let down they were, and offer a solution to make it right.

Your response has made me decide to wait for either of the retailers I usually do business with to restock their selection of Proxys, as opposed to giving Infinite a chance, even though you have a Plasma Proxy and an Atom I like. A response along the lines of "Hey Gdingy, I'm sorry the limited edition disc we sent you didn't meet your expectations. We did not intend to ship out any discs that didn't live up to our high standards, and I'm unhappy we failed you in this regard. Please PM me so I can notate your account and apply a credit of ($5, 10%, free shipping, whatever) to your next purchase." would have been enough to get my to try Infinite. Instead, I'll wait on my local retailer or Community to restock. I'll pay more through either one, but it's worth it for the great customer service I get from them.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Puckstopper; 02-08-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

lol, Infinite's gotta really be sweating this.

Infinite sells a lot of "X-outs" at a discount that other retailers wouldn't even consider to be flawed. Look up some popular molds on Infinite, choose "X-out" version, and look at the pic of the actual disc(s). In most cases you can hardly spot the flaw...tiny missing ink or scratch on some part of the stamp.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap-it View Post
lol, Infinite's gotta really be sweating this.

Infinite sells a lot of "X-outs" at a discount that other retailers wouldn't even consider to be flawed. Look up some popular molds on Infinite, choose "X-out" version, and look at the pic of the actual disc(s). In most cases you can hardly spot the flaw...tiny missing ink or scratch on some part of the stamp.
word, I've never been disappointed with Infinite, has always had great customer service when I needed it. And I can totally understand what happened, the tip of the bomb had a little drop out on mine but, its a disc...a disc that is thrown hard at metal and trees. so.....i not concerned.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Yep, what other retailer anywhere lets you see the exact disc you're buying, and even zoom in on it?