Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 30 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i dont think hole 12 is a perfect hole

it seems fairly basic just long for a dg hole

maybe im just spoiled and ungrateful
Hole 12 is the only hole I’ve ever seen that is non-eagleable, even with a crazy throw in. Perfectly designed with the slight dogleg and tight to open to tight again. Getting a par on that hole requires so much more effort than people realize and feels like a birdie.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 09:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 85
Niced 70 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
NW Gold 12 is interesting as it's not just long, it also requires some strategy on shot placement, including a piece that is not intuitive.
I played FPO at Worlds and we played from the forward tees which shaved about 300 or so feet from the overall length. You can see the location in the post produced coverage.

The two shots that really matter, at least for our division, are the first shot across the gap, and then the shot up the hill. You really need to position yourself in the middle of upper fairway to truly attack for the bird. Too much left or right and it's really tricky to get onto the green.

It is a very deceptive hole. It looks simple and if you can park your shots, it can be. I took a bird on it in round 2 and a par in round 4. But wow, if you get off the upper fairway, or fail to position yourself well off the tee, it can punish you.

I can only image how much harder it is playing from the gold tee and having to hit the initial 300 or so foot shot through the woods to get where we were teeing from.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-19-2019, 09:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,767 Times in 1,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
I for one would love to see worlds go back to playing more then 5 rounds. Right now it really isnt much different then any other big tournament. Or at least bring back the final 9 or something. Worlds just doesnt feel like the premier event in disc golf anymore to me.
agreed other than the name there is nothing significant about it

Niced: (1)
Old 08-19-2019, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,187 Times in 2,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbeezy1 View Post
Hole 12 is the only hole I’ve ever seen that is non-eagleable, even with a crazy throw in. Perfectly designed with the slight dogleg and tight to open to tight again. Getting a par on that hole requires so much more effort than people realize and feels like a birdie.
Conrad might have had a chance to get an eagle but he threw his teeshot a bit far. He had a goofy runup next to that bridge. Had he been a bit shorter and on the flat right before the bridge, he might have been able to get a shot part of the way down the tunnel and we all know he has one of the longer step putts out there.

I agree though, it is highly unlikely to throw the two shots required to even give you a chance at a long throw in.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 08-19-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,287 Times in 753 Posts

Stats can be fun.

- Paul had an avg rating of 1071 over the five rounds
- Oakley was the lowest rated player in the top 15
- Only 3 players in the top 15 played every round above their rating: Oakley, Dickerson and Conrad
- Eagle had the only sub 1000 rated round of the top 15 players
- Eagle had 104 points diff between his best and worst round

Just bored at work. . .so why not look at stats?

Niced: (3)
Old 08-20-2019, 06:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 130
Niced 104 Times in 42 Posts

Every player that cashed had at least one round 1000+.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 130
Niced 104 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
If Emerson bombs out this round (finishes out of top 5) we'll (<- the unwashed internet disc golf masses . . .all 2k of us) will forget it happened. Disclaimer -- I want anyone except Paul or Ricky to win and I have nothing against Paul or Ricky other than they've already won.

Emerson didn't -- good on him. I'm not as sure all the "unlucky" comments are warranted as at the level he played luck had much to do with it. Either way, he didn't collapse, thus making a name for himself in the biggest events.

Barsby has made a good showing of it. I'm glad he won last year and hope Emerson (who's waaayy out-performed Barsby from last year at this time in the proceedings and hopefully makes a 60' birdie putt on the 18th to avoid a play-off with Paul and Ricky who are parked for par).

Top 20 isn't the worst showing -- he won last year.

Same as the men -- anyone but Paige or Cat . . .seems much less likely than the men but hey, it's the internet and I can dream.

Meh -- Cat really can't putt. Yawn.

Whatever place Lloyd Weema (sp?) finishes is ahead of me. It's ahead of everyone who didn't enter because he did. I don't know him or really care except whenever I enter a tournament and finish last I always contend that any of my disc golf friends that heckle my result I contend I beat them since they were'nt brave enough to show.
My guess is that if you're reading this Lloyd finished ahead of you at Worlds. You could have signed up but you were'nt ready to compete in the World Championship. You lost, he won.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,151 Times in 1,584 Posts

Did I correctly hear the commentators say that Lloyd Weema got a birdie?
Old 08-20-2019, 08:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
No, he did not. In fact he never had a putt for birdie.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:37 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 98 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
He had 5 pars all week. 3 in the last round though, so you know he is a closer!

Niced: (1)