Old 09-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 320 Times in 191 Posts

today I found a PRO Destroyer in BLACK. I can't think of a more worthless disc for me. no number of course. PLEASE, I'll trade you for anything in my bag! funny thing is, I tried it twice and birdied with it once.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2019, 06:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,944 Times in 1,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
If Streets finds a lost disc:

1. If it's uninked it either gets taken to PIAS for credit or if it's a mold I like throwing it goes in the bin

2. If it's inked...I leave it and go about my round while whistling "Old McDonald Had a Farm"
I will add:

If I know the person who's disc I found:

1. I will do my best to get it back to them

or

2. I will throw it deeper into the woods

Niced: (1)
Old 09-02-2019, 08:38 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
today I found a PRO Destroyer in BLACK. I can't think of a more worthless disc for me. no number of course. PLEASE, I'll trade you for anything in my bag! funny thing is, I tried it twice and birdied with it once.
Worse color ever.
I found a 165 star tee teebird in black. It was kinda fun to throw.
The third time- in like 5 rounds- somebody tried to give it back I said: man, its your problem now.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 738 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
Worse color ever.
The third time- in like 5 rounds- somebody tried to give it back I said: man, its your problem now.
Worse was the fully Clear fad from 2007-2009, I lost a bran new XL Z that was clear from the tournament at the tournament. The mold was lost due to wind gust taking it into a bush I could not find the disc but 11 years later in 2018 I got a call for the disc saying some Disc Golfers did find the disc at that time, the pine bush had been removed for some reason and it was found. I told them to keep it since his wife loved the broken in DX Leopard like S flight the disc did, yeah that worn out just sitting there over the years and it became a opaque clear over the years too.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 475 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zontar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
Worse color ever.
The worst is a flye-dyed disc an any combination of blue/green (and yellow is right up there).
Ugh

Agreed on the clear discs.
Had a clear QMS with a green flye-dye.
Like you, I saw it go into the bush and still couldn't find it.

Last edited by DiscJunkie; 09-02-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 738 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
The worst is a flye-dyed disc an any combination of blue/green (and yellow is right up there).
Ugh

Agreed on the clear discs.
Had a clear QMS with a green flye-dye.
Like you, I saw it go into the bush and still couldn't find it.
Yellow is not bad if the right yellow. I agree clear is the worst and luckily only a few brands want to keep making the plastic or they only make them for big tournaments.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 408
Niced 50 Times in 32 Posts

I probably buy the worst colors for discs. I'm bagging a h3 that looks like a sheet of glass currently. I also have no less than 5 other clear discs I myself, chose to buy, looking at pictures of them online. I also buy brown and sweet looking burst discs that are essentially camouflage. They look great online but when I get them I just think..not again Haven't lost any yet though.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 39
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

I recently found a fly dye that was purple and black. One of the worst I have seen as far as ever being able to find again.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorpro View Post
My question is who is worse.......people who find disks with numbers and don't call or......... People who lose a disk,you find it,you call them,arrange a place to meet up,you go out of your way to meet up with them and they don't show up. Has happened to me twice with two different people. One even called me a week later and said he got busy so he didn't show up (guess he couldn't call either) and wanted me to drive 20 miles and just leave it on his porch. NOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
That's why I just hide it at the course I found it. If they can't make it back to the course to get it that's on them. It's not on your to hand deliver a disc they lost.
I've done this in the past. Snap a picture of me placing the disc under a trash can or behind a notable feature of the course, and just send that in a quick text. Takes no time, and it's like a little treasure hunt for the owner.

Most the courses I play now though, have a dedicated lost and found guy.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,156 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
That's why I just hide it at the course I found it. If they can't make it back to the course to get it that's on them. It's not on your to hand deliver a disc they lost.
I really like this solution I used to take the discs to DiscStalker after calling the owner, but now that DiscStalker is closed I'll try this 'under the trash can' method.