Old 11-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 526 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoVillage View Post
This definitely isn't satire. Satire is supposed to be funny. When several people commented on the thread that they actually we're believing this, that means the satire wasn't well received.
Every Onion article ever, wherever it is posted... even on their website has people commenting that "I like satire but this one isn't funny"

It was obvious from the start that of course it isn't true.. but relevant following the way the PDGA decided to dictate the media contracts and the Loyd Weema rule. This is great satire BECAUSE some people bit on it and many who didn't believe it STILL couldn't not believe it and some just don't like it.

Perfect satire and I'm offended by the amended thread title.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 24
Niced 99 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Every Onion article ever, wherever it is posted... even on their website has people commenting that "I like satire but this one isn't funny"

It was obvious from the start that of course it isn't true.. but relevant following the way the PDGA decided to dictate the media contracts and the Loyd Weema rule. This is great satire BECAUSE some people bit on it and many who didn't believe it STILL couldn't not believe it and some just don't like it.

Perfect satire and I'm offended by the amended thread title.

you're welcome.

mods - repost my response please!