Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Disc Golf Courses > Course Maint. & Equipment

View Poll Results: Insurance for your course?
Theft 1 16.67%
Causality 0 0%
Liability 1 16.67%
None 4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2017, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,082 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBokor View Post
Course has been open for less than a week, in a little town that employs cops that are bored 90% of the shift. I already splashed local social media with photos and a time frame. Sad thing is, I'm sure they will be back, as they didn't heist an easy basket to remove.
It seems it's rarely the baskets that are the easiest to access that are the ones to be stolen. Maybe because those tend to be expected to be the most likely targeted so they're secured better, but I doubt it. I think it is because the easiest to access are the most visible, and the thieves tend to be disc golfers who know exactly what they're doing.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 204 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
It seems it's rarely the baskets that are the easiest to access that are the ones to be stolen. Maybe because those tend to be expected to be the most likely targeted so they're secured better, but I doubt it. I think it is because the easiest to access are the most visible, and the thieves tend to be disc golfers who know exactly what they're doing.
Exactly. I won't post a 'how-to' for future thieves, but these baskets were installed by experienced people, not rookies, and still we're down 1 in a week. Since the loss is already more than bothersome (new dubs league will be playing with a portable on Sunday), I am trying to determine ways to mitigate any future losses.

The local DG association has a 501c3, but that is still well under what is needed to just finish pouring concrete pads. Replacing baskets this early in the development cycle was never anticipated.