Old 07-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
what kinda sandwich
This is the most important question in this thread.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 07-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 142 Times in 80 Posts

I just got my first ace last saturday at my mom and dad’s acreage. We have a little course we made there. It was about a 300 ft shot to a basket hanging around the backside of a tree, threw out my KC Roc. First throw of the day. It went out, curled around the tree and CHING sat right in the basket. My dad just said “hmm, that’ll work”. I let out a good “Yeeesssss f***ing finally!!”. Now I’ll probably wait another 4 years for another...

Old 07-24-2018, 02:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 976 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
what kinda sandwich
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBaartman View Post
This is the most important question in this thread.
Ya know, I never asked him. So I just did now:

"It was either a club cold sandwich from Kwik Trip, or the #4 from Milio's"

My money would be on the Kwik Trip sandwich, since he practically lives at Kwik Trips he goes there so much.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Ya know, I never asked him. So I just did now:

"It was either a club cold sandwich from Kwik Trip, or the #4 from Milio's"

My money would be on the Kwik Trip sandwich, since he practically lives at Kwik Trips he goes there so much.
ahh you live in WI your beloved KT are popping up all over MN now thank you for sharing the blessings
Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,161 Times in 1,590 Posts

My only ace bounced off a guardian tree and into the basket. I was blinking and kind of shocked more than anything else, asking "did that disc really DO that?" Then I went and got the disc, finished the round, took the disc home and put it on the wall...
Old 07-25-2018, 12:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 173
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

I take a second and count in my head how many $20 members are playing with us.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

I'd love it if someone could hold their enthusiasm and just be so whatever about it. That'd be classic and one to remember. It'd be hard to pull off, but epic nonetheless.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 135
Niced 976 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I'd love it if someone could hold their enthusiasm and just be so whatever about it. That'd be classic and one to remember. It'd be hard to pull off, but epic nonetheless.
Usually I celebrate a little (fist bumps and whatnot), but when I finally hit Cap Springs hole 8 short to red (flat, wide open, ~160ft), it was only relief I felt. All I did was let out a big sigh, and a quiet "f'in finally" as I put my bag back on.

At lakeview this spring we got caught in the rain. I was like "hold on, let me ace hole 9 real quick and we'll get outta here". Stepped up, lined a Leo3 directly into the sweet spot, calmly turned around as it hit the chains and said "called it". The response was "it bounced out". Stupid Mach V's...
Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 673 Times in 305 Posts

Pretty sure I am way more vocal when somebody on my card aces than I am when I do it myself. Probably too stunned to do much when I ace it other than convince myself it stayed in the basket. More than happy to Ric Flair WOOOOOO when a cardmate and or partner does it.

My most recent ace and only one in 2018 so far was bittersweet. The old warming up before a tournament and playing a few holes to get in rhythm. Hole E at Indy Lake, almost skipped it as it is a somewhat short hole with a pond right in front of the basket. Walked halfway down the fairway, stopped and grabbed a disc and headed back to the tee to get a drive in using the hyzer line. Felt great out the hand and I knew it was clear of the pond so did a quick fist bump and then heard that glorious sound. Look around and one other guy is out warming up and happened to be on the pad for B right by the basket. Looked at each other and just started laughing about it. Wasted my ace before the tourney began and of course had to scramble to save par on the hole when it counted after a tree hit.

Should note, I just sign the inner rim of my ace discs with the course, date and hole # and keep it in the bag.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 106
Niced 331 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I think that I saw that from Paul McBeth once or twice on videos. Of course, he plays on somewhat of a different level than most of us.

I would link the videos but I'm at work on my phone and can't search for them. I think there was an ace compilation video, maybe.