Old 09-17-2019, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 820 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
tripod leg up the ass is no bueno. And I would rather just have the seat ready to go without fetching it and expanding it.
I won't use one either.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 61
Niced 217 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
We should start a bad back club.
Two broken collar bones, cracked ribs in my upper back and all the bursae sacs being blown out of my left shoulder blade should get me into this club. Luckily its all on my left side.

I just started using a backpack for mountain courses, after I once said I'd never use more than a shoulder bag, so maybe a cart is in my future.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
The bad knee club would be up for a challenge.
I am in the minor bad shoulder club then.

I still need to convert what I have into a backpack ability Cart, it is a fishing backpack with seat currently. I have the handle from an old metal broom, now I need a way to attach the handle and have it swivel or come off when done, and then buy and put on some training wheels made more for gravel roads, then finally put on some kind of posts in the front. It would help with my shoulder and in really bad parts of a course those few holes that some seem to have, I could backpack the cart.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 311
Niced 2,128 Times in 1,056 Posts

Can't it be a future fad???

Niced: (2)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
For me, carts are great for exactly one thing: a place to sit. So if I don't anticipate needing to sit down, I would never use a cart. On the other hand, if I were playing a lot of packed tournaments I would buy a cart to effectively use as a rolling lawn chair.
I have the same thought. Since i don't play many tournaments, I choose not to waste garage space on a cart and I just sit on the ground at tourneys.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I have the same thought. Since i don't play many tournaments, I choose not to waste garage space on a cart and I just sit on the ground at tourneys.
That is what I thought but I bring or used to bring a stool for tournaments. Now with my modified fishing seat with built in backpack, I no longer have to worry about leaving the stool which I did at a tournament that had the small burrs so bad that the socks I had for the tournament went in the garbage after, Clash at the Corn Palace in 2008. I was playing with a group and left stool at one hole and had to run back to get it electing to tee of last due to my problem. Now I have a stool all the time not having to worry about needing a stool if I ever play in a large group or need to wait for some reason on vacation.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 146 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Carts are taking over our group. I hate using them. I do not even feel my Upper Park once on my back. Carts are just something I do not get, especially the pull kind. To each his own.
Love my UP Rebel! So comfortable. However, one of my regular playing partners has a Zuca and he swears by it. As you say, each to his own.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 86
Niced 281 Times in 149 Posts

I think the market will continue to grow. Disc Golf growth really accelerated in the 2000’s. A lot of those players (like me) are now old enough to feel that bag getting pretty heavy through a full day of tourney play.

Plus: the quality of carts has gotten way higher, and there’s not really any stigma attached to it anymore. I think it used to be an exclusively old guy thing so there was a hesitation for people to get one. Now they’re everywhere.

I still don’t have one, but I could see getting one in a few years especially for long league and tourney rounds.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
I think the market will continue to grow. Disc Golf growth really accelerated in the 2000’s. A lot of those players (like me) are now old enough to feel that bag getting pretty heavy through a full day of tourney play.

Plus: the quality of carts has gotten way higher, and there’s not really any stigma attached to it anymore. I think it used to be an exclusively old guy thing so there was a hesitation for people to get one. Now they’re everywhere.

I still don’t have one, but I could see getting one in a few years especially for long league and tourney rounds.
Part of that is Pro players like Ricky using carts when sponsored by Innova when better carts came out in 2010's and the Dynamic Disc carts as well as then other pro's on the Dynamic disc /Latitude 64 teams to show that even younger players can use a cart and it is not a weakness. Also seeing cart styles get better so nobody has to have the stigma of using a homemade cart or that odd Gotta Go Gotta Throw thing.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 29
Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer Ale View Post
Me too, but I usually carry only 8-14 discs for casual rounds compared to 20-22 for tournaments. I also don't carry many accessories for casual rounds. Finally, I am chasing a 2 year old around the course for a lot of my solo rounds, and it is much easier to use a bag for that.

That being said, I love my cart for competitive rounds
I hear ya. i carry the same amount for either, maybe 1 more specialty disc depending on the course (ie. roller, thumber, super understable, extra throwing putter)