Old 04-07-2018, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 727 Times in 508 Posts

I spush putt, and i find it to be a great outter minus one thing, in the wind it's very tough to control, anyway back to the subject push, spin it'll handle and is suited for whatever style putt you may have.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-09-2018, 01:40 AM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

After months of searching I finally found a 175g hard dagger. Anyone else find it hard to get these? I am hoping the extra gram may help with the wind
Old 04-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretLessSlapMore View Post
After months of searching I finally found a 175g hard dagger. Anyone else find it hard to get these? I am hoping the extra gram may help with the wind
Unlikely.. you're talking about a .6% difference in weight lol
Old 04-09-2018, 08:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,943 Times in 847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FretLessSlapMore View Post
The extra gram? One gram?
Seriously?

Did you actually weigh it? It may say 175g, but, if you weigh it and it comes in at 173g, is your putting confidence going to be shot?

Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

haha I know it wont make much of a difference. Mentally it could though, a fresh putter that I imagine fights wind better than my others, sign me up. Even if its only a .6% difference, I will take it. The point was to get the heaviest weight dagger I could find (and a fresh one)

Obviously people like max weight daggers (putters in general), I had one in my shopping cart on infinite the other day and went disc golfing, came back and it was sold.

I included in my message to marshall's to make sure the dagger weighed 175 (who knows if they even read those though)

Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Cool, the Marshalls package had a sticker on it that said "We weigh our discs". The dagger weighed out to 175g and the fire bird "marked" 175g (but sold off the website as 173) was also 173.

Shout out to a website that actually measures their discs and doesn't lie about it. Thanks Marshalls

Old 04-11-2018, 11:28 PM
* Ace Member *

I like mine at 174. IDK why I k know it's Stoopid and I could putt with a 175 but I was told in the very beginning of disc golfing that the weight matters so I took that to heart. Just kept the superstition with me I guess, 174. I weigh them and I tell people I'm going to so if they're not right I'm sending back LOL, guess the order notes do matter. Like I said, I know this is silly but hey so is believing someone yelling "nice shot" hurts our already errant or unlucky drives , but we believe it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
but we believe it.
Speak for yourself. Or I suppose you were. Personally, you can "nice" me all day, I don't care. If a short turns out poorly, it's because I threw it poorly. Sure, you can have bad luck like roll-aways, but if you really throw the disc correctly (landing flat on a hillside for instance), there's not much room for luck. It's when you throw it poorly that you're hoping for some luck, which you don't deserve anyway. And luck (random chance) goes both ways and the odds even out over time. What someone yells while your disc is in the air has nothing to do with it.

Neither does 1 or 2 grams in putter weight for that matter. The difference there is that it affects your psychology. 80% of putting is in your head anyway, and placebos work. If having putters weighing exactly 174 or exactly 175 grams is your placebo, then by all means, have at it. Given that a placebo only works if you truly believe in it, that trick will never work for me. I know that 1 or 2 grams will make no difference at all to how my putter flies so I'm stuck trying to make hard work and practice pay off instead.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
Speak for yourself. Or I suppose you were. Personally, you can "nice" me all day, I don't care. If a short turns out poorly, it's because I threw it poorly. Sure, you can have bad luck like roll-aways, but if you really throw the disc correctly (landing flat on a hillside for instance), there's not much room for luck. It's when you throw it poorly that you're hoping for some luck, which you don't deserve anyway. And luck (random chance) goes both ways and the odds even out over time. What someone yells while your disc is in the air has nothing to do with it.

Neither does 1 or 2 grams in putter weight for that matter. The difference there is that it affects your psychology. 80% of putting is in your head anyway, and placebos work. If having putters weighing exactly 174 or exactly 175 grams is your placebo, then by all means, have at it. Given that a placebo only works if you truly believe in it, that trick will never work for me. I know that 1 or 2 grams will make no difference at all to how my putter flies so I'm stuck trying to make hard work and practice pay off instead.
Do I really believe that?? Not in my heart of hearts. And yes the outter weight is 100% mental but I like it I still out in my 30 min. Of putting practice daily, I do my form drills and field work, I am not one to leave things to chance honestly the nice thing was just something funny to add to the post

Old 04-12-2018, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Do I really believe that?? Not in my heart of hearts. And yes the outter weight is 100% mental but I like it I still out in my 30 min. Of putting practice daily, I do my form drills and field work, I am not one to leave things to chance honestly the nice thing was just something funny to add to the post
The funny thing is, disc golfers in my experience DO tend to be pretty superstitious. I've seen guys get seriously mad at someone else in the group who "niced" their shot. Needless to say, they were NOT the winners by the old Ed Headrick motto, "the most fun wins."